Page 150 of 264 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2636

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I would say all of the same even if this were Obama. But Republicans never turned the House into a circus like this in regards to Obama.

What are you talking about? He said no such thing.

Benghazi? Dudes yelling you lie during SOTU?

He said, charging the president with a crime was not an option...actually might have been at his press conference.
    Last edited by gemstonefella; 11-14-2019 at 08:51 PM.

2. Default

Wasn't it Mark Meadows who aid send Obama home to kenya?

Quote Originally Posted by gemstonefella View Post
    Benghazi? Dudes yelling you lie during SOTU?
    Oh no! Someone said you lie! Give me a break.

And what about Benghazi? The House runs endless investigations all the time, those don't all turn into bullshit impeachment "inquires." This is 1000% more serious than the dumb Benghazi hearings. As useless as Obama was for 8 years I never thought he should be impeached for anything, and I'm glad the Republicans didn't embarrass themselves pursuing impeachment based on nothing.

He said, charging the president with a crime was not an option...actually might have been at his press conference.
    This is false. He even testified before congressthat the memo at the DOJ about charging a sitting president with a crime had nothing to do with his decision on whether or not to charge Trump with obstruction of justice.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-14-2019 at 08:56 PM.

4. Default

Oh no! Someone said you lie! Give me a break.

And what about Benghazi? The House runs endless investigations all the time, those don't all turn into bullshit impeachment "inquires." This is 1000% more serious than the dumb Benghazi hearings. As useless as Obama was for 8 years I never thought he should be impeached for anything, and I'm glad the Republicans didn't embarrass themselves pursuing impeachment based on nothing.

This is false. He even testified before congressthat the memo at the DOJ about charging a sitting president with a crime had nothing to do with his decision on whether or not to charge Trump with obstruction of justice.
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/05/2...stigation.html

Am I hearing things at 4:40 here?

And here is what Mueller said during his testimony before congress, the important part starts at around 25 seconds in:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ee-crn-vpx.cnn
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-14-2019 at 09:08 PM.

6. Default

Are you really linking CNN? Wow!

You realize it says right next to the video: Mueller said they made no assessment as to whether there was a crime or not because of the OLC guidance.
    Source: CNN

7. Default

And here is what Mueller said during his testimony before congress, the important part starts at around 25 seconds in:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ee-crn-vpx.cnn
    He says it's not the right way to say it and still leaves it pretty ambiguous as to his meaning.

What did he say in the video I linked?

Are you really linking CNN? Wow!
    I'm linking to a video, I was too lazy to find the video on YouTube.

You realize it says right next to the video: Mueller said they made no assessment as to whether there was a crime or not because of the OLC guidance.
    Source: CNN
    Good point, I really should be careful to never link to CNN for anything since they love to spin everything. To be fair to CNN in this particular instance though I'm not sure if they are saying that was Mueller's original testimony, because as he said in this clip he is clarifying his previous statement, or if CNN are such propagandists that they have to editorialize a video that everyone can watch.

Regardless just watch the video. He says plain as day they did not reach a determination as to whether or not Trump committed a crime.

He says it's not the right way to say it and still leaves it pretty ambiguous as to his meaning.
    He says plain as day they did not reach a determination as to whether or not Trump committed a crime. I'm not sure what's so ambiguous about this.

What did he say in the video I linked?
    What did he say in his official sworn testimony? Ted Lieu even gave him a perfect chance here to get Trump impeached without charging him with a crime, he asked something to the effect of "You would have charged Trump with a crime if not for the OLC opinion." Mueller originally answered yes to this question, and what I linked to is him clarifying his comment, stating they never reached a determination one way or another.

10. Default

From the actual report:

First,a traditional prosecution or declination decision entails a binary determination to initiate or decline a prosecution, but we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment. The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) has issued an opinion finding that “the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions” in violation of“the constitutional separation of powers.”1Given the role of the Special Counsel as an attorney in the Department of Justice and the framework of the Special Counsel regulations, see 28 U.S.C. § 515; 28 C.F.R. § 600.7(a), this Office accepted OLC’s legal conclusion for the purpose ofexercising prosecutorial jurisdiction. And apart fromOLC’s constitutional view, we recognized that a federal criminal accusation against a sitting President would place burdens on the President’s capacity to govern and potentially preempt constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct.2