Page 89 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

I'm just having a hard time believing that those of you who are defending Trump's actions would be okay if Hillary had done the same thing.

This is the most dangerous part of Trump's presidency in my opinion. He's arguing that because he's president he can do whatever he wants.

Want a back channel to Ukraine that goes against America's official positions? Let's use private citizens without security clearances to take care of that. If Hillary had farted in the oval office y'all would be screaming to impeach.
    Last edited by Alfster; 10-23-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    He's arguing that because he's president he can do whatever he wants.
    When did he ever say or even imply that?

Want a back channel to Ukraine that goes against America's official positions? Let's use private citizens without security clearances to take care of that.
    What are you even talking about now?

If Hillary had farted in the oval office y'all would be screaming to impeach.
    I put up with 8 years of Obama shitting all over my country and everything that made it great and I never once thought he should be impeached. Give me a break.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    When did he ever say or even imply that?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Mulvaney has already clarified his position and said people were misinterpreting his statements.
    He was asked several times to clarify what he meant in his initial interview. He's just a dumbass toady is all.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I tried to Google this for more context and wouldn't you know it? Each and every single article I found provided NO context and just repeated this out of context phrase, whether in print form or video form.

I finally had to track down the full speech from the White House for the truth (isn't that an ironic turn of events) and it turns out he was referring to the firing of James Comey, which, yes, he had the right to fire James Comey and it wasn't "obstruction" like the Democrats were talking pushing for at the time.

Jesus Christ. It's getting to the point where no news source is a reliable news source anymore these days. Why are these supposed news sites so afraid to just provide a bit more context? Almost as if they know with context what Trump said makes sense, but with no context it makes it sound like Trump is saying he could nuke California tomorrow if he felt like it.

Blog Entries

I tried to Google this for more context and wouldn't you know it? Each and every single article I found provided NO context and just repeated this out of context phrase, whether in print form or video form.

I finally had to track down the full speech from the White House for the truth (isn't that an ironic turn of events) and it turns out he was referring to the firing of James Comey, which, yes, he had the right to fire James Comey and it wasn't "obstruction" like the Democrats were talking pushing for at the time.

Jesus Christ. It's getting to the point where no news source is a reliable news source anymore these days. Why are these supposed news sites so afraid to just provide a bit more context? Almost as if they know with context what Trump said makes sense, but with no context it makes it sound like Trump is saying he could nuke California tomorrow if he felt like it.
    Person 1: "Trump said X"
    Tgo: "Nuh uh prove it."
    Person 2: *posts multiple video clips of Trump literally saying X*
    Tgo: "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Person 1: "Trump said X"
    Tgo: "Nuh uh prove it."
    Person 2: *posts multiple video clips of Trump literally saying X*
    Tgo: "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT!"
    Yes context matters, even when we're talking about Trump.

We're talking about Ukraine here and Alfster said "He's arguing that because he's president he can do whatever he wants."

I ask when Trump has ever said this, clearly in reference to what's going on about Ukraine, and you provide year old out of context video clips of Trump talking about his power to fire Comey, which he did have the power to do so and wasn't obstruction of justice.

Blog Entries

Yes context matters, even when we're talking about Trump.

We're talking about Ukraine here and Alfster said "He's arguing that because he's president he can do whatever he wants."

I ask when Trump has ever said this, clearly in reference to what's going on about Ukraine, and you provide year old out of context video clips of Trump talking about his power to fire Comey, which he did have the power to do so and wasn't obstruction of justice.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-23-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Also how is telling Israel "I want X and until you give me X you won't get aid" not the literal definition of a quid pro quo? Are you sure you're mature enough to be discussing this topic if you don't even know what a quid pro quo is?

Surely you understand the difference. It is okay to use government resources to pressure other countries to do something for the benefit of the United States. It is not okay to use government resources to pressure another country to do something for you personally.

Did Trump do the former with Ukraine? Trump says no. In his press conference last Thursday, Mulvaney said that Trump held up aid to Ukraine for three reasons, one of which was that Ukraine was not sufficiently cooperating with the U.S. Justice Department investigation, which Mulvaney said would be for the benefit of the United States, not just for the benefit of Trump. As you know, Mulvaney later retracted that statement.

Did Trump do the latter with Ukraine -- use government resources to pressure Ukraine for Trump's personal benefit? Since Trump says he did not pressure Ukraine at all, then no, unless you don't believe Trump about pressuring Ukraine. And if you think he is lying about pressuring Ukraine, then you probably think he did it for personal gain.

Until we have the chance to see the evidence being collected, it all comes down to whether we trust Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Surely you understand the difference. It is okay to use government resources to pressure other countries to do something for the benefit of the United States. It is not okay to use government resources to pressure another country to do something for you personally.
    How is threatening Israel with going through with a forced two state solution benefiting the US exactly? Seems like that benefits Democrats directly because they are the anti-Israel/pro-Muslim terrorists party these days.