Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foraging bounty difficulty

1. Default Foraging bounty difficulty

Does an increase in survival skill or perception always make doing the bounty quicker and easier?

Or do they ask for harder to find herbs?
    Last edited by asking; 09-17-2019 at 06:08 AM.

2. Default

It just makes things easier in my experience.

foraging for bounties is so dumb. basically impossible (without an open roll) for any non-ranger even if you have fully trained all the skills you can for 50 - 100 levels (depending on how hard you go on training), and then basically auto-completed bounty in (5*# required) seconds at a certain point. Such a bad system.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    foraging for bounties is so dumb. basically impossible (without an open roll) for any non-ranger even if you have fully trained all the skills you can for 50 - 100 levels (depending on how hard you go on training), and then basically auto-completed bounty in (5*# required) seconds at a certain point. Such a bad system.
    I do alright with my wizard - he's 1x in FA and .5x in Survival and is 1x in perception.
    Granted he gets a few seconds of RT reduced due to having some EL:A and using 506.
    Most herbs for him require a roll of 60+. There are some that require 80+, but they're not as common.
    Last edited by drumpel; 09-18-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added info

As a rogue with 3x perception and no FA/Survival at all, I have a 50% chance of success on my foraging bounties. It's good enough that I have no issue completing them.

If you arent going to cancel foraging bounties, figure out a way to use 603 everytime you do a bounty. Get a stockpile of 603 items, or get one of those eisenthings.

Training in perception for the purpose of doing foraging is really dumb, every rank after 40 gives you 1/15th of a bonus...
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I do alright with my wizard - he's 1x in FA and .5x in Survival and is 1x in perception.
    Granted he gets a few seconds of RT reduced due to having some EL:A and using 506.
    Most herbs for him require a roll of 60+. There are some that require 80+, but they're not as common.
    the FA doesn't help, and being 1.5x ranks is pretty good for a wizard. You probably needed an open roll with that training for basically anything until near 50. Which is silly.

Like most things in gemstone, minimizing cast/hard RT is basically cheating.
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-19-2019 at 12:11 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    Does an increase in survival skill or perception always make doing the bounty quicker and easier?

Or do they ask for harder to find herbs?
    This is from the wiki but the information there isn't always correct so take it with a grain of salt.
    https://gswiki.play.net/Foraging

Profession
    Profession Bonus
    Ranger, Empath +30
    Warrior +20
    Cleric, Monk +15
    Rogue, Paladin, Bard +10
    Wizard, Sorcerer 0

Positive factors
    Agility bonus / 2
    Intuition bonus / 5
    Survival ranks / 3
    Perception skill / 15
    +10 for kneeling
    +10 for Foraging (603), increases with Ranger Base ranks
    Assume Aspect (650), Aspect of the Yierka
    +1 for Light (205)
    +15 for dwarf in subterranean terrain
    Character level (unknown bonus)

Negative factors
    Injuries to hands and eyes (rank 1 hand scars do not confer a penalty)
    -10 for having only one hand open
    -2 for each herb recently foraged in the room (also adds +1 roundtime when finding an herb)
    Last edited by Winter; 09-19-2019 at 03:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Also a nice perk is for cleric/empath minor sanct makes it relatively safe. My cleric loved them
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Warrior and Rogue prof bonuses should be switched imo. Makes no sense the way it is.