Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enchanting Difficulties - overly lax?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Laserman View Post
    I hate discord - you're forcing me to go there and read up on info that should be posted on the officials or at the very least on the gswiki....thank you for the link, though, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That's from rare metals that people knew shouldn't be enchanted - anyone that says otherwise are ignorant and suck at playing dumb. I don't have sympathy for those people. I didn't come in to debate what metals can't be enchanted and what can, just questioning the difficulty checks that seem pathetically low on known metals that can be enchanted.

But, since you brought it up....just to put things to rest on the subject:

Coraesine, feras, urglaes, urnon, zelnorn, krodera and kroderine couldn't be enchanted under the old system (not sure if I'm missing any) - why would people think this would change with the new update?
    Enchant itself didn't change, just how it functions when we cast it.

Instead the long temper times, it was changed to instant casting.
    Instead of +5 increments, it was changed to +1
    Instead of unlimited number of 0-4x casts and 1 major slot, you're limited by essence earned from hunting
    A lot of restrictions on what you could enchant were in place due to type of flare (if non-elemental) and script. It was changed to allow a lot of scripts previously blocked and other non-elemental flares to be enchanted (more like how 735 can be cast on a ton of stuff)
    Metal properties did not change; metals that couldn't be enchanted under the old system still can't be enchanted under the new.

As I said above - anyone that says otherwise are ignorant and suck at playing dumb.
    "i dunno why you guys would think those things changed. enchant didn't change! anyways, here's a paragraph about all the changes, and i'm going to specifically talk about the ones that could apply to all the metals i just listed but arbitrarily don't."
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    "i dunno why you guys would think those things changed. enchant didn't change! anyways, here's a paragraph about all the changes, and i'm going to specifically talk about the ones that could apply to all the metals i just listed but arbitrarily don't."
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That's from rare metals that people knew shouldn't be enchanted - anyone that says otherwise are ignorant and suck at playing dumb.
    Ignorant literally means they didn’t know. /nitpick

But, since you brought it up....just to put things to rest on the subject:

Coraesine, feras, urglaes, urnon, zelnorn, krodera and kroderine couldn't be enchanted under the old system (not sure if I'm missing any) - why would people think this would change with the new update?Enchant itself didn't change, just how it functions when we cast it.
    Naos literally told players to experiment, as some things that couldn’t be enchanted before could be now. Naos is also one of those GMs who is stuck in the 90s where making players figure out everything on their own and giving as little info as possible was the cool thing to do. Not sticking up for either side because they’re all dumb and full of shit (except that one guy who got warned for enchanting useless krodera), just saying.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Ask Drauz (not Drauz) about enchanting. He’s good at finding the loopholes.