Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 119

Thread: Proof most of the media is in bed with Democrats

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post


    Notice how the student on the right has exaggerated his features using white makup? This is a classic feature of minstrelsy, you can read up more here: https://nmaahc.si.edu/blog-post/blac...can-stereotype

    Compare his features, which required *more* effort than just simply applying black paint to their faces and body, it included the additional step of outlining his facial features to make it closer to traditional minstrelsy performances.



    Notice how his face is blackened, and his mouth and eyes are lightened?



    Same deal with the exaggerated features.

    Dude went out of his way to make it *more* racist. Don't give me that school spirit shit, dude wanted to make sure that opposing black student body was feeling intimidated by using minstrelsy techniques.
    Are you now saying you see nothing wrong with blackout games but that one student in particular is a racist simply because he also used white makeup?

    I just want to make sure I understand your retardation completely. Please clarify.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    This is strawman bait, because I never said that. Also, why the personal attacks? I'm trying to enlighten you as to how the news media has mislead and betrayed your trust, friend.
    Asking you to clarify your position is "strawman bait"?

    When you can't win an argument simply toss out as many logical fallacies you don't understand as you can. You're sure to win that way!

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Well, I've got you ticked down for strawman and ad hominem with my brief interactions with you so far. If you can't see how creating a position for me to argue against isn't a strawman, I can help you out there!

    noun: strawman
    1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    I'll make this super duper easy for you.

    Clarify your position; are ALL of them in the wrong for wearing black makeup, or just that one kid because he is also wearing white makeup?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-20-2019 at 05:07 PM.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    My position is that Republicans treat blackface differently depending on the political alignment of the accused blackfacer.
    Gee, almost as if that whole "strawman" argument was just a deflection, kind of like your "But the white makeup!!!" was also a deflection in the first place.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Well, you did create a position for me - while using a thinly veiled cover-up asking me to "clarify" my position that I clearly stated in my first post.

    But before that, you parroted ultra right-wing talking points at me regarding the Covington boys - not your opinions, but word for word talking points probably designed by a superpac or conservative think-tank, so you made your position on the issue instantly known.

    So, after our little discussion on minstrelsy, are you willing to walk back any of your comments?
    When you going to clarify your position? Are all of the kids in the wrong for wearing black makeup, or just the one kid because he's also wearing white makeup?

    When are you left wing terrorists/never-Trumpers/whatever you consider yourself to be going to understand I am immune to your deflection attempts? time4fun and Androidpk were the queen and queen of deflection, you ain't got shit on those two.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,913
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Yes. Wearing blackface is racist. It's even more racist when you employ minstrelsy techniques to make your caricature have exaggerated features. How is that even a question?

    Also, I'm a terrorist now? That's funny, because domestic terrorism has increased significantly since Obama was in office, and nearly all incidents of domestic terrorism are perpetuated by right-wing actors.
    Oh, we have an expert on the degrees of racism here.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,913
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Do you disagree?
    Yes. I think it depends 100% on intent.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Yes. Wearing blackface is racist. It's even more racist when you employ minstrelsy techniques to make your caricature have exaggerated features. How is that even a question?
    Okay so you have now clarified that everyone wearing black makeup in that photo is racist and not just the kid who is also wearing white makeup, you just wanted to point him out so you can say "See? Racism! They're all racist!" even though not all kids are wearing white makeup, so like I said just a deflection attempt on your part.

    So now we're back to square one:

    Your position: All of the kids wearing black makeup are in blackface and thus being racist.
    My position: The kids are engaging in a blackout game.

    Your proof they are in blackface and being racist: None.
    My proof they are engaging in a blackout game and not being racist: All of the kids are wearing black clothing, the ones wearing black makeup ALSO have their body and even their hair covered in black makeup, something that is not typical when one is wearing blackface but is very typical of sports fans when they wear body makeup, whether the color they choose is black, blue, red, orange, or some other color.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    That's funny, because domestic terrorism has increased significantly since Obama was in office, and nearly all incidents of domestic terrorism are perpetuated by right-wing actors.
    Let me guess, you're going back only to 2009 so you don't have to include 9/11?

    Also how are we defining "nearly all incidents of domestic terrorism"? Don't suppose you have an unbiased source you can link to that spells this all out? And by unbiased source I don't mean NYT, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Washington Post, Slate, Huffington Post, Vox, or about a dozen others I'm sure I missed.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-20-2019 at 05:38 PM.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    You conveniently left out the entire conversation we just had about minstrelsy, Tgo. Here I thought you were reading, but you really aren't.
    You just admitted the whole minstrelsy thing was nothing but a deflection because you said it had to do with that one kid also wearing white makeup, but you just got finished saying all of the kids were being racist.

    You're trying to deflect to the same thing after getting caught with your pants down trying to deflect in the first place. You're really bad at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    Can you go ahead and compile a list of news organizations that are unbiased so I can start my research?
    It should tell you something that your first inclination is that you need a news source to do your research. Maybe not use the news as a source at all since they have all proven themselves to be nothing but partisan hacks these days?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,913
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    So Trudeau's in the clear in your book I take it?
    I already said as much.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •