Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof most of the media is in bed with Democrats

Default Proof most of the media is in bed with Democrats

This warrants its own topic now.

If you still aren't convinced the media just carries the water for Democrats than maybe this will help persuade you.

Yesterday Washington Post ran this headline: "North Carolina Republicans overrode a budget veto while Democrats were at a 9/11 ceremony"

Democrats accused Republicans of lying to them saying they wouldn't hold a vote on 9/11 to allow legislatures to attend 9/11 ceremonies. Many publications ran with this story from the Democrats because why not? It gives the impression that Democrats care so deeply about 9/11 victims and shows that Republicans are callous assholes who tricked Democrats into going to 9/11 ceremonies so they could hold a vote without them.

Only problem is the story is 100% bullshit. The Republicans stated clearly and plainly every day for days leading up to 9/11 that the vote would be held on 9/11, including audio evidence on 9/10 that the vote would be held on 9/11.

Only ONE Democrat even attended a 9/11 ceremony, much less all Democrats like the story claims.

But don't worry, Washington Post later "corrected" their headline with this garbage: "Clarification: An earlier version of this article overly generalized the reason for Democrats’ absence from the General Assembly session. This version has been updated."

They also "corrected" their story from "Republicans tricked Democrats who were patriotically attending 9/11 ceremonies!"

To this:

[quote]While most North Carolinians were remembering the lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001, the Republican leaders in the General Assembly took advantage of a half-empty House and voted to override the governor’s budget veto Wednesday morning.[/qutoe]

Yes, because most North Carolinians doing something on a particular day has so much to do with what the state legislature doing their job.

[QUOTE=Tgo01;2119059]This warrants its own topic now.

If you still aren't convinced the media just carries the water for Democrats than maybe this will help persuade you.

Yesterday Washington Post ran this headline: "North Carolina Republicans overrode a budget veto while Democrats were at a 9/11 ceremony"

Democrats accused Republicans of lying to them saying they wouldn't hold a vote on 9/11 to allow legislatures to attend 9/11 ceremonies. Many publications ran with this story from the Democrats because why not? It gives the impression that Democrats care so deeply about 9/11 victims and shows that Republicans are callous assholes who tricked Democrats into going to 9/11 ceremonies so they could hold a vote without them.

Only problem is the story is 100% bullshit. The Republicans stated clearly and plainly every day for days leading up to 9/11 that the vote would be held on 9/11, including audio evidence on 9/10 that the vote would be held on 9/11.

Only ONE Democrat even attended a 9/11 ceremony, much less all Democrats like the story claims.

But don't worry, Washington Post later "corrected" their headline with this garbage: "Clarification: An earlier version of this article overly generalized the reason for Democrats’ absence from the General Assembly session. This version has been updated."

They also "corrected" their story from "Republicans tricked Democrats who were patriotically attending 9/11 ceremonies!"

To this:

While most North Carolinians were remembering the lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001, the Republican leaders in the General Assembly took advantage of a half-empty House and voted to override the governor’s budget veto Wednesday morning.[/qutoe]

Yes, because most North Carolinians doing something on a particular day has so much to do with what the state legislature doing their job.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

If they had the votes to override a veto, a full House wouldn't have stopped them.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If they had the votes to override a veto, a full House wouldn't have stopped them.
    Apparently the way it's done in NC they only need whatever percentage of the politicians who are present when the vote is held. Since a lot of Democrats weren't there when the vote was held the Republicans were able to override the veto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Apparently the way it's done in NC they only need whatever percentage of the politicians who are present when the vote is held. Since a lot of Democrats weren't there when the vote was held the Republicans were able to override the veto.
    That is a pretty dumb system.

That is definitely proof all right. 100% irrefutable, non-opinion fact.

If you don't believe main stream media is literally the mouthpiece of the DNC.. you might be in line for a title shot for the Retard Championship Belt.

Oh hey Seran!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

I think it is mostly due to the fact that the majority of people who pursue the sort of degrees that are useful to being a journalist are generally liberal.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-13-2019 at 08:05 AM.

The right-wing stance that they're victimized by a hostile "mainstream" media is ludicrous. Fox News is by far the most-watched basic cable news station. It *is* the mainstream media, and it loves Trump and right-wing ideas (though a bit less lately).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-ne...-cnn-struggles
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/fox-new...cs-1202705396/
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    The right-wing stance that they're victimized by a hostile "mainstream" media is ludicrous. Fox News is by far the most-watched basic cable news station. It *is* the mainstream media, and it loves Trump and right-wing ideas (though a bit less lately).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-ne...-cnn-struggles
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/fox-new...cs-1202705396/
    Did it hurt you to call Fox news?