Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any wizards out there with redux?

I tweaked my training skills a little and bumped up a few more ranks here and there to help boost my goal to hitting DF with my wizard.

I just level to 45 and checked into the local inn. Upon leaving this was the only messaging I saw:

Leaving your room, you check back out of the Solhaven Inn, wander over to the front desk and hand the room key back to the innkeeper. He nods and thanks you for your patronage.

I've hit my goal!

>;redux
    --- Lich: redux active.
    [redux: Level: 45]
    [redux: Primary skills: 47]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 125]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 47]
    [redux: Redux points: 1111.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 33]

It's been a bit of a challenge as of late hunting him, but I've been doing pretty good against Shan. I try to avoid warriors because usually it goes like this:
    Disarm - stuck in some RT with no weapon out.
    Tackle - stuck in more RT and on the ground.
    Lay there until the RT clears and hope nothing else comes around while I'm down.

Clerics/Rangers/Wizards - as long as they haven't prepped a spell, I just STOMP and they fall over and I wait for them to stand up (they stance to offensive when standing) then I STOMP again and kill them all.

I've got 2 ranks in Disarm, Feint and Cunning Defense now. Hopefully that'll help reduce some of the disarm fun the shan warriors have been having with me.

Skills are:
    Armor Use..........................| 147 47
    Shield Use.........................| 146 46
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 124 32
    Edged Weapons......................| 147 47
    Physical Fitness...................| 147 47
    Harness Power......................| 146 46
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 120 30
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 149 49
    Perception.........................| 105 25
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Wizard.............................| 13

I wonder how much longer things will work out for this guy.

Seems a warrior didn't take a liking to me killing it's ranger friend.....

A shan warrior bares his teeth and barks ferociously!
    A shan warrior swings a gleaming silver flamberge at you!
    AS: +341 vs DS: +282 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +95 = +200
    ... and hits for 69 points of damage!
    Whoosh! Several ribs driven into your lungs.
    You are stunned for 5 rounds!

At least he didn't boost his AS again while I was stunned. Also took a leg minor and then ran away when the stun wore off. Let us not forget that 520 helped here too, gives me a base +5 crit padding when not stunned.
    Last edited by drumpel; 01-29-2020 at 02:22 PM.

3. Default

Have you considered going the DS route? I have a similarly leveled warmage that didn't have any issue with the warriors (but did get spiked a few times by rangers). I have 20 ranks CM, 1x in THW, 2x in spells up to 520, 930, and 46 in mne. wearing doubles. Enjoying it greatly

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Have you considered going the DS route? I have a similarly leveled warmage that didn't have any issue with the warriors (but did get spiked a few times by rangers). I have 20 ranks CM, 1x in THW, 2x in spells up to 520, 930, and 46 in mne. wearing doubles. Enjoying it greatly
    He's at his max number of spells he'll ever train in. Up to 913 and 520.

His DS in defensive is over 400, that was his offensive DS he got tagged with that hit. I didn't have a small statue active, so that would have helped a bit. Usually he doesn't get hit that hard, just one of those rarity shots that happened.

He currently uses cuirbouilli leather armor and his spell hindrance is only 7%. Since he doesn't require the constant use of spells, 7% doesn't fell like it's a penalty for him. Only spell he has to constantly try to keep using is 506. My next goal is to get him fully trained to use studded leather at the lowest spell hindrance at 70 AU ranks.

Now sitting at level 46 and having my redux, morbid curiosity left me wondering if I could run the DR Arena with this guy. Last time I tried the Arena was 2 or so years ago with my level 46 rogue and he just got his ass handed to him and only made it to the second champion before time ran out. Without having to watch for traps and the fact I can swing like a mad man, it only took about 7.5 minutes.

I feel kind of bad that it felt like I was just kind of strolling through the park. Sure, I took a few shots, but overall it was pretty simple.

Keep up 506, those that turtled I'd just STOMP with 909 self cast and swing like mad. A few monsters shook stuns off and the champs didn't stun of course, but overall it was pretty easy. Here are a couple of hits I took from the last champ:

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, an imposing minotaur champion engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
    An imposing minotaur champion swings a broadsword at you!
    AS: +338 vs DS: +263 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +83 = +192
    ... and hits for 24 points of damage!
    Jarring blow to your back.

AS: +338 vs DS: +263 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +89 = +198
    Broken finger on your left hand!

An imposing minotaur champion belts out a guttural battle cry!
    AS: +344 vs DS: +277 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +68 = +169
    ... and hits for 22 points of damage!
    Slash to your left leg hits high!
    Kinda makes your knees weak, huh?

Kind of fun having a bit of redux and the ability to spam 506 and swing like hell. Now that I'm a couple levels over shan, they're pretty easy. Warriors still disarm me with a 65+ roll, but other than that, I handle them pretty good with this warmage.

Blog Entries

Love your journey and will continue monitoring. Makes me want to go completely outside norms with some other toon just to test and have fun with it.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Now sitting at level 46 and having my redux, morbid curiosity left me wondering if I could run the DR Arena with this guy. Last time I tried the Arena was 2 or so years ago with my level 46 rogue and he just got his ass handed to him and only made it to the second champion before time ran out. Without having to watch for traps and the fact I can swing like a mad man, it only took about 7.5 minutes.

I feel kind of bad that it felt like I was just kind of strolling through the park. Sure, I took a few shots, but overall it was pretty simple.

Keep up 506, those that turtled I'd just STOMP with 909 self cast and swing like mad. A few monsters shook stuns off and the champs didn't stun of course, but overall it was pretty easy. Here are a couple of hits I took from the last champ:

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, an imposing minotaur champion engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
    AS: +338 vs DS: +263 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +83 = +192
    Jarring blow to your back.

AS: +338 vs DS: +263 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +89 = +198
    Broken finger on your left hand!

An imposing minotaur champion belts out a guttural battle cry!
    AS: +344 vs DS: +277 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +68 = +169
    ... and hits for 22 points of damage!
    Slash to your left leg hits high!
    Kinda makes your knees weak, huh?

Kind of fun having a bit of redux and the ability to spam 506 and swing like hell. Now that I'm a couple levels over shan, they're pretty easy. Warriors still disarm me with a 65+ roll, but other than that, I handle them pretty good with this warmage.
    Your redux reduced the broadsword's damage factor from .250 to .240 and the redux factor (RF) range calculated from these attacks is: MIN .040 (4.0%) to MAX .043 (4.3%). In both attack 1 (ER 192) and attack 2 (ER 198) the total damage was reduced from 26 to 24. In the third attack (ER 169) the actual and calculated damage were both 22, therefore no reduction in damage taken.

If the redux factor was lower than .040 then the actual damage (24) in the 2nd attack would have only been reduced to 25. If the redux factor was higher then .043 then the actual damage (22) in third attack would have been reduced to 21.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    Your redux reduced the broadsword's damage factor from .250 to .240 and the redux factor (RF) range calculated from these attacks is: MIN .040 (4.0%) to MAX .043 (4.3%). In both attack 1 (ER 192) and attack 2 (ER 198) the total damage was reduced from 26 to 24. In the third attack (ER 169) the actual and calculated damage were both 22, therefore no reduction in damage taken.

If the redux factor was lower than .040 then the actual damage (24) in the 2nd attack would have only been reduced to 25. If the redux factor was higher then .043 then the actual damage (22) in third attack would have been reduced to 21.

Mark
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post

Mark
    Question for you....since I don't dive into the DF damage calculation like others do.

He's wearing scale (cuirbouilli armor, which you probably already know).
    He's got +5 crit padding from 520 running. Also, his arm greaves give +7 extra crit padding on the arms (since 520 is supposed to stack and his armor doesn't have any padding, his arms should, in theory, have +12 crit padding).

Curious to know if that changes things at all in your calculations?

You should get 919 eventually. That will make up for your lack of DS from 430 and such. Also, you seem to be over-training in lores which doesn't seem to be a good plan. Those points should be getting you to 1x in CMAN instead. Not sure why so much earth lore this early on.
    Last edited by Maerit; 02-12-2020 at 02:19 PM.