Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any wizards out there with redux?

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Question for you....since I don't dive into the DF damage calculation like others do.

He's wearing scale (cuirbouilli armor, which you probably already know).
    He's got +5 crit padding from 520 running. Also, his arm greaves give +7 extra crit padding on the arms (since 520 is supposed to stack and his armor doesn't have any padding, his arms should, in theory, have +12 crit padding).

Curious to know if that changes things at all in your calculations?
    Critical padding and/or weighting do not affect redux calculations. Damage padding and weighting, however, will distort the results.

The redux factor range that I calculated for your character includes the spell penalty. Without spells this character's RF would be approximately .055 (5.5%). This is a ballpark figure since I only have a rough estimate on the spell penalty effect.

Can you post the number of redux points this character had at the time of these attacks? Thanks!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You should get 919 eventually. That will make up for your lack of DS from 430 and such. Also, you seem to be over-training in lores which doesn't seem to be a good plan. Those points should be getting you to 1x in CMAN instead. Not sure why so much earth lore this early on.
    I haven't trained in lores in the past two levels, they're on hold. Any extra points are going to CMAN (first) and perception (second).

The idea of building up redux with him is to see if the offset of spells that he lacks, will pay off or balance out as he gets higher in level. Then again, I built a story around him that I like and this will be who he is, limited in spells and sporting redux for a wizard.

Shan were a pain in the ass the first level or so I hunted them (when he was level 44). Learning how to control the swarms and what tactics work best took a bit of trial and error. He's very viable at hunting right now. He doesn't have access to 400s, so he can't utilize ewave and 912 can work, but only sees about a 66% success rate at knocking down shan when he uses it.

I've learned to utilize STOMP with 909 when a ranger enters the room - I hate getting thorned by them. Usually it puts their DS around 240 and if I get a high enough endroll or a good flare, the ranger will be stunned and that's the end of him. If I don't get a stun and he stands, he goes into offensive to stand and his standing DS is usually around 230 and I make short work of him.

Clerics and Wizards - I can generally get good results from using cman feint on them and I can hit them most of the time without any other actions. If their DS is too high, STOMP fixes that. I don't have to worry about their CS based spells, his TD is high enough to defend from them.

Warriors, their armor usually means the DF from my shortsword won't give me a direct stun unless I hit the eye or neck with a hard enough swing. The lightning flares are pretty good at stunning them. I just need to work on keeping them down if I really want to take them on to keep from getting tackled or disarmed.

In the end, the only thing that really concerns me is the lack of TD due to not having 430. I can make up for some of it if I were to get his shield to T5 (only at T2 right now) and his final armor he'll be using (some sort of studded leather) to T5. His current armor is only T3 (or T2.....I can't remember without checking). He can gain a little more TD and for his current hunting range, it's enough to keep him out of harms way, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    Critical padding and/or weighting do not affect redux calculations. Damage padding and weighting, however, will distort the results.

The redux factor range that I calculated for your character includes the spell penalty. Without spells this character's RF would be approximately .055 (5.5%). This is a ballpark figure since I only have a rough estimate on the spell penalty effect.

Can you post the number of redux points this character had at the time of these attacks? Thanks!

Mark
    [redux: Level: 46]
    [redux: Primary skills: 48]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 129]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 48]
    [redux: Redux points: 1140.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 33]

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    The idea of building up redux with him is to see if the offset of spells that he lacks, will pay off or balance out as he gets higher in level.
    Unlikely, since CS attacks and (I think) cmans don't give a shit about redux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Also, what do you monsters eat that you don't enjoy the aroma of your flatulence from time to time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Remember, I'm a tiny dick pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Unlikely, since CS attacks and (I think) cmans don't give a shit about redux.
    True, but some maneuvers take crit padding into account and I get some help there with 520 active. So that's a bonus.

6. Default

As a warmage, i completely owned the arena. Was finishing it in under 200 seconds, very pleased. I'm sure you could do it. Haste plus 909 destroys

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    As a warmage, i completely owned the arena. Was finishing it in under 200 seconds, very pleased. I'm sure you could do it. Haste plus 909 destroys
    At what level was this happening on your warmage? I destroy with a sub-20 warmage, but it could take up to 6 minutes with a capped / fully buffed warmage.

8. Default

Lvl 47.