Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any wizards out there with redux?

Shifted my skills a bit with the annual fixskill. I put CM to 1x and dropped my EL:E by 20 ranks and made a few other minor shifts in a couple of skills. I'm also thinking about dropping HP down to .5x here on out. Right now at 160 mana I rarely drop under 90 while out hunting and I can't fathom needing 300 mana or so when (if) he caps because he doesn't cast spells much, just ones to keep hunting (902, 506 and 909).

[redux: Level: 53]
    [redux: Primary skills: 55]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 163]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 55]
    [redux: Redux points: 1367.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 33]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 5.73%.]

I'd stick with the 1x HP assuming you have 919, as you'll eventually start needing 919 to stay in offensive as a warmage in many hunting grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I'd stick with the 1x HP assuming you have 919, as you'll eventually start needing 919 to stay in offensive as a warmage in many hunting grounds.
    Won't have that spell, he's capped with spells he'll ever learn (MjE at 520 and Wiz at 913). Which is why I don't see a need for 300+ mana.

I don't want to cut it out completely because moving up in higher AsG means higher spell hindrance, which means I will probably fail casts more frequently. Right now his 7% hindrance isn't really an issue for him, sometimes I might get a couple of failed casts in a row, but surprisingly I don't see hindrance failures all that often.

I'm really hoping the Ascension skills will provide an exciting set of skills that I can train in to help boost his redux and hopefully allow him to wear chain mail with some sort of tolerable spell hindrance I can live with.

By the time I hit cap - if possible - I should be able to patch together a few Armor Use enchancives + some extra ranks of AU through Ascension to get his AU skill to 130 so he can wear brig with the best 12% hindrance.

Then I'll try out chain mail if they still plan on releasing an Ascension skill that reduces hindrance penalty, I'll be looking to train that. Then if I can find a paladin that's trained up Armor Fluidity to 4 or 5 ranks on top of it, chain mail might be very viable for my mage at cap. Right now I'm kind of playing the waiting game to how things progress as I keep working on leveling him up.

The journey continues:

[redux: Level: 54]
    [redux: Primary skills: 56]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 166]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 56]
    [redux: Redux points: 1392.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 33]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 6.46%.]