Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any wizards out there with redux?

Still moving along. Kind of slow to get to this level with all the stupid mayhem going around...not getting enough time to play as much at the moment.

[redux: Level: 49]
    [redux: Primary skills: 51]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 141]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 51]
    [redux: Redux points: 1227.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 33]

Shan are still huntable, but having to cutdown 30+ to get my mind near full gets dull. I'm looking to turn my attention to trali in EN. If that doesn't pan out well, perhaps kiramon defenders.....
    Last edited by drumpel; 03-19-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Finally dragged my sorry butt out enough to hit level 50.

[redux: Level: 50]
    [redux: Primary skills: 52]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 145]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 52]
    [redux: Redux points: 1256.0]

Also figure I should mention that here are my current skills at level 50:

(at level 50), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 152 52
    Shield Use.........................| 151 51
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 142 42
    Edged Weapons......................| 152 52
    Physical Fitness...................| 152 52
    Harness Power......................| 151 51
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 120 30
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 149 49
    Perception.........................| 122 31
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Wizard.............................| 13

Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name - - - - - - - Ranks
    Disarm Weapon - - - - - 2
    Feint - - - - - - - - - - - - 3
    Cunning Defense - - - - 2

Once I get CM to a full 1x (hopefully by level 60) I can start pushing up lores some and training more in climbing and push perception higher. Training that second rank of CM is really eating up the TPs right now.

With my perfect 7x/T1, zorchar shortsword, COL and enhancives I get my AS to 336. If I was really bored I could take the weapon to 9x.....but I think I'll keep my pots for a more efficient weapon. The shortsword is decent for what it can do, but I'm working on getting a perfect gornar falchion up to 7x (under the old enchant....probably only get it to 6x before the old system is pulled, but both my enchanting wizards will have maxed essence stored to take it to 7x on the new system).

So far it's been pretty fun. Certainly a challenge to find creatures to hunt as time goes on and he gets higher in levels. I don't take as much fun in hunting bandits as I did when he was around level 30-40, the stupid traps you walk into can be horribly debilitating. Not to mention the fact that sure, he's nearly 1x in CM and has the small bonus from Cunning Defense, the subdues, groin kicks and such leave him with such a long stun duration or RT that he gets plinked away at to near death and it's not any fun to constantly run away to heal up, head back out, run away to heal up, head back out..... Too bad self cast 909 doesn't knock bandits from hiding.....
    Last edited by drumpel; 04-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Welcome to level 51!

[redux: Level: 51]
    [redux: Primary skills: 53]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 149]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 53]
    [redux: Redux points: 1285.0]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 3.04%.]

I probably would have gone with shield + UAC combination here for efficiency and to overcome the AS issues that not having 425 is going to cause. Having low UAF isn't so bad, and you can't get disarmed. It's holding a shield that would lower your damage output and chance to hit by dramatically messing with your MM. However, I think it might still out-perform OHE.

Also, it would reduce your lore requirements to get 1s RT with 506 so you could easily have 1x in CMAN by this point. You're currently way over-trained in lores, which is really costing a lot of TPs that could go to improving your physical skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I probably would have gone with shield + UAC combination here for efficiency and to overcome the AS issues that not having 425 is going to cause. Having low UAF isn't so bad, and you can't get disarmed. It's holding a shield that would lower your damage output and chance to hit by dramatically messing with your MM. However, I think it might still out-perform OHE.

Also, it would reduce your lore requirements to get 1s RT with 506 so you could easily have 1x in CMAN by this point. You're currently way over-trained in lores, which is really costing a lot of TPs that could go to improving your physical skills.
    He needs 29 ranks of air lore to get a 5 second OHE weapon to 1 second RT. At least that's what he needed 14-15 levels back, not sure if it changed much with a few stat point increases since then. Right now, swinging a short sword (4 second weapon) means I can be encumbered a bit and still maintain that 1 second RT if I'm not ready to head in yet.

I haven't trained him in lores for the past maybe 8 levels now, they've been stagnant. I let all my spare TPs filter into picking up an extra CM rank each level.

One thing I do wish I changed in my training path was getting CMAN FEINT up to rank 3 sooner. I should have taken feint to rank 3 first, but I only just picked it up rank 3 at level 49. It's pretty handy CMAN for a warmage, most targets I go against I can force out of defensive stance using feint with decent success at rank 3 and cut them down in a few seconds.

I know there's a free fixskill coming up in a month, I may think about addressing some skills by that time. Right now he's very viable for hunting, granted I'm under hunting by a few levels. It just takes some time to figure out new hunting grounds with him since he's a bit limited when compared to other warmages that haven't skimped out of spell training or a warrior/rogue that has access to a slew of more CMANs and/or guild skills. So getting to know when to defend from a new creature's attacks or when to put them prone with 909 or when to time your feint is a new learning process, even on creatures I may have hunted many, many times before with other professions.

I'd love for specialized shield skills to be made universal for all classes. Not all of the shield skills, but some of the more basic ones. I'd love to have use of SHIELD BASH with my wizard. Start off with a Feint, followed with a SHIELD BASH and then beat the piss out of the creature with my weapon.

I hope the ASCENSION skill system will help me in my efforts to build a better version of this warmage I'm working on. I know a few possible ideas suggested in the list the GM posted would certainly be beneficial for him. I guess we wait and see what kind of skills/abilities come out for that system.

I jumped into the test server and pumped up his levels a bit to see if he's still viable. I found I can manage the black forest without any difficulty as long as I keep the creatures to no more than 2 to a room and I can keep them down. Anyway.

I put him to level 61, here are his skills:
    Armor Use..........................| 163 63
    Shield Use.........................| 162 62
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 162 62
    Edged Weapons......................| 163 63
    Physical Fitness...................| 163 63
    Harness Power......................| 162 62
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 120 30
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 149 49
    Perception.........................| 162 62
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 102 24

Here are a couple of hits that I decided to take to see what the end results would be. He's still wearing just his cuirbouilli armor. I let an ogre smack me a few times with its mace, here are the results:

A black forest ogre swings a rust-covered dhara at you!
    AS: +374 vs DS: +273 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +100 = +234
    ... and hits for 32 points of damage!
    Mighty blow cracks several of your ribs.

The impact of the ogre's blow rattles teeth and brain and sends you flying south!
    (resulted in a minor chest wound)

A black forest ogre throws a rust-covered dhara at you!
    AS: +324 vs DS: +216 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +69 = +210
    ... and hits for 24 points of damage!
    Stomach shot lands with a hollow *thump*.
    The rust-covered dhara flies past you, disappearing into the local environs.
    (resulted in a stomach minor)

A black forest ogre swings a rust-covered dhara at you!
    AS: +324 vs DS: +234 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +89 = +212
    ... and hits for 28 points of damage!
    Smash to the kneecap.
    (resulted in a leg minor)

So, guys think it's still going good with him? Looks like I can still have some good times over the next 10 levels at least.
    Last edited by drumpel; 04-30-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I love it! Keep it up if you can and you enjoy it
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Yep, still tootling along!

[redux: Level: 52]
    [redux: Primary skills: 54]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 153]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 54]
    [redux: Redux points: 1314.0]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 4.04%.]

With the free fixskill coming up soon, I'll be adjusting his skills a bit. Currently they are at:

No code has to be inserted here.

I'll be changing them to:

No code has to be inserted here.

I'm dropping some EL:E. Losing 20 ranks will result in a loss of 2 weapon rank bonus from spell 902 and 3 strength bonus from spell 509. Loss of 5 AS.

I'm moving his CM up to full 1x, so those extra 7 ranks of CM should give him +3 to his AS. This shift will put an extra 28 points into this Redux to get a slightly better result over what he has now. It won't be much, but every extra bit helps.
    Overall, his AS should only drop by 2 points, which isn't a big deal.

I'm putting some more into his swimming ranks and I will be going 1x from here on out in climbing and swimming until they reach 50 and 60 ranks, respectfully. I want to be able to swim into Nelemar or climb to minos without issues by the time I get to those levels.

I'm going to work on bringing EL:A to 46 ranks as soon as possible - this will give a few extra bonus points for Dodging from 911, a couple extra disk spots and hopefully let him swing any 5 second base OHE at 1 second even when he becomes encumbered some. He can swing any 5 second OHE at 1 second right now, but as soon as he gets slightly encumbered he swings them at 2 seconds - I'm looking to remedy that with some extra EL:A ranks. Once I hit 46 EL:A ranks I'll shift strictly to EL:E.

I also plan on starting to train in MIU starting his next level and will take it 1x from here on out to help offset some spell burst that comes into play at higher hunting grounds. He needs to be able to have 401/406/414/101/107 from outside help to keep him protected as much as possible. Without them he becomes a punching bag, especially to any CS based spells tossed at him.

If by some chance I can get him up to that level 80ish range, when extra TPs become available, he'll be starting to train in Brawling - so if he gets disarmed he'll retain a little extra DS and it'll aid in his redux.

Depending on what can be done with the Ascension skills that are coming out - I may end up altering his training again in the near future, but for now, this is my current plan.
    Last edited by drumpel; 05-06-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Level up!

[redux: Level: 53]
    [redux: Primary skills: 55]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 157]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 55]
    [redux: Redux points: 1343.0]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 5.0%.]