Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T4 Sigil Staff w/10x Acuity and T5 ensorcelling, maxlight, loresong unlocked

Default T4 Sigil Staff w/10x Acuity and T5 ensorcelling, maxlight, loresong unlocked

Hiya! I came across my dream weapon, so I'm willing to let my runner-up go. TL;DR: It's a +22 T4 Sigil Staff with 10x acuity, T5 ensorcelling, 6 (maxed) scroll slots unlocked, is maxlight, and has its loresong permanently unlocked.

There's 385,000 bloodscrip of upgrades baked into it:

10,000 (Staff)
    25,000 (5x Scroll unlocks up to 6 max)
    10,000 (T1 to T2)
    50,000 (T2 to T3)
    100,000 (T3 to T4)
    30,000 (6x Acuity)
    160,000 (4x Acuity upgrades to 10x)

If you aren't familiar with T4 sigil staves, their best benefits are:

1. After spending 5,000 worth of mana while holding it during hunts, you can RAISE the staff to cut your mana costs in half for the next 30 seconds, or 10 casts max. 60 minute cooldown.
    2. After spending 500 worth of mana while holding it during hunts, you can WAVE it at a target (even in a sanctified room) to dispel 1-3 spells. 5 minute cooldown.
    3. You can TRANSFER spells from your scrolls onto the runestaff, allowing you to INVOKE them directly off the runestaff. This one can hold the max number of spells, 6. Right now it has 5x scrolls worth of Bravery (211) and 1x of Fash'lo'nae's Gift (1750).
    4. This tier of sigil staff adds an illusion prop to your LOOK appearance. Below their health messaging: "A slowly rotating ring of sigils encircles each of her hands, scribed on the air in pale energy." The word "pale" can be altered via GALD to match a theme on the staff, which plays into #5 below, also see the ANALYZE. There's also custom messaging when readying or stowing the weapon. Player removes a sigil-carved glowbark crosier from in her spidersilk cloak. At her touch, a number of sigils worked into its grain take on a faint luminescence. Player put a sigil-carved glowbark crosier in her spidersilk cloak. As it leaves her hands, the illumination of its sigils slowly ebbs away.
    5. The staff adds a custom message for deflects. "A complex pattern of pale energy flashes briefly into existence between Player and Target, deflecting the assault entirely." Same adjective that you can alter in #4 appears here.

The biggest future upgrade is if you obtain a T4->T5 cert from Duskruin (250k BS): At this tier, the staff unlocks the ability for the runestaff to multicast (repeat the last cast spell) as a standard flare with no mana cost, similar to a blink flare or using Spirit Slayer (240). AoE spells like 518/unfocused 1030 are not eligible, but splash spells that can hit multiple targets like 111 are.

The base enchant of the staff isn't super high, which allows a level 11 character to start using it. If you want to raise the enchant, you're probably going to need a mutant enchanter, enchant certs or premium points.

Loresong:
    Code:
    The first thing that strikes you about the crosier is the weight, which is about 2 pounds.  In your best estimation, it's worth about 29,850,000 silvers.  You can also tell that the glowbark crosier is predominantly crafted of glowbark.

You sense a faint aura of magic shrouded with a haze of necrosis around the glowbark crosier.  From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the crosier is as some type of weapon.

It has a bonus of +22 from a normal crosier, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively.  It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.  

The harmonics generated tell you that the crosier allows a caster to occasionally focus their magical prowess for a single cast, temporarily granting +50 bolt Attack Strength or +30 Casting Strength.

A strange necrotic haze sours your melody slightly, indicating that Gromsph has infused the crosier with the fifth tier of permanent Ensorcellment.

Its loresong has been permanently unlocked by Taenarion.
    Analyze:
    Code:
    This is a tier 4 Sigil Staff.

Tier
      1: a standard crosier with some special messaging
      2: allows spells to be TRANSFERred from scrolls onto itself, number of spells the crosier can hold are unlocked separately (up to 6 spells), currently holds 6 spells
      3: can be WAVEd at a target to dispel 1-3 spells (requires 500 mana to have been spent casting spells to fuel the ability and has a 5 minute cooldown) and adds special LOOK messaging
      4: can be RAISEd to lower the mana cost of all spells by 50% for 30 seconds or 10 casts (requires 5000 mana to have been spent casting spells to fuel the ability and has a 60 minute cooldown) and adds ambient messaging

Unlocked verbs: draw, hug, invoke, point, prod, read, spin, transfer, touch, wave

The crosier can have the color or quality of its sigils and magic effects customized with a descriptive word or phrase.  Various messaging will include this custom setting.

The current setting is: pale

Messaging using this custom setting must make sense in the following context examples:
        a/an [adjective] sigil
        [adjective] energy/sparks/tendrils/haze

Customization should remain simple, nothing so complex as to require a comma.
      Examples of functional customization choices: pale, dark, bright, shadowy, fiery, blue-green, coruscating violet, silver and gold
      Examples of nonfunctional customization choices: shapes, anything that is not an adjective, anything lengthy enough to require a comma for grammatical purposes
      Try to keep it to three words or less, and if three words, see prior rules. ('silver and gold' works, 'red, blue, and green' does not because of sentence structures, 'incandescent viridian and gold-speckled cerulean' is long enough to be cumbersome)
      When in doubt, use a distinct color.

The random runes that are displayed when the crosier is spun can also be customized to any list of words.

The current setting is: luck,sunburst,celestial,forest,glacier,will-o-wisp,fire,water,earth,air,lorae'tyr,shien'tyr,grik'tyr

You can tell that the crosier is as light as it can get.
    At current bloodscrip prices, about $1,300-1,450 has been spent on this one. I also have a block of 250k bloodscrip I'd sell as a pair if you want to aim to get the T5 upgrade yourself the next DR run. If you're interested, please let me know.

Edit: Sold Thanks.
    Last edited by Tranquia; 09-11-2019 at 08:33 AM.

What is the dream weapon?

The dream weapon was a 7x T5 sigil/6x acuity/rotflare staff. I'm working on getting the acuity up on that one. If I could've been guaranteed to get a T5 cert the next Duskruin, I probably would've stuck with the one this thread's about.

Blog Entries

Sadly with the T5 ensorcell, this may well be unenchantable to 7x by a wizard.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Sadly with the T5 ensorcell, this may well be unenchantable to 7x by a wizard.
    Eh, from my experience ensorcelling doesn’t make it that hard. Unless there’s something special about this one?

6. Default

This thing is so awesome it hurts my brain.

GBB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    Eh, from my experience ensorcelling doesn’t make it that hard. Unless there’s something special about this one?
    T5 is -250
    Script are around -150
    Just from that you are looking at -400

Then you have 10x acuity which I forgot about. Almost positive this can't be enchanted but maybe a 303 wiz rank build could have a small shot.

I'd be happy to test it if the owner wants.

This is a 6x/6x nervestaff with T3 from a 2x capped mage:

You gesture at a lacquered scrollworked illthorn runestaff.
    You sense that the illthorn runestaff bears a natural enchantment and that you will likely need a miracle to complete this enchantment.
    Last edited by drauz; 09-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.

8. Default

T5 is -250
    Script are around -150

Then you have 10x acuity which I forgot about. Almost positive this can't be enchanted but maybe a 303 wiz rank build could have a small shot.

You sense that the illthorn runestaff bears a natural enchantment and that you will likely need a miracle to complete this enchantment.
    Cool tidbit of information. Thank you, Drauz. I wonder though, how the new changes to enchanting will muddy the difficulties? Same?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    Cool tidbit of information. Thank you, Drauz. I wonder though, how the new changes to enchanting will muddy the difficulties? Same?
    That is using the new style, you can't enchant acuity on the old system because it's a flare and there was no potion for it.

T5 is -250
    Script are around -150

But he can enchant coraesine!!