Thread: No Flu Vaccinations for Migrant Children

Lightbulb No Flu Vaccinations for Migrant Children

The U.S. won’t be vaccinating migrant families in holding centers ahead of this year’s flu season, despite calls from doctors to boost efforts to fight the infection that’s killed at least three children at detention facilities in the past year.

More...

There was a Flores court case that said we can keep kids in border jails for only 20 days. As President Trump explained when he visited the border, that was a bad decision..

We’ve had some every bad court decisions. The Flores decision is a disaster, I have to tell you. Judge Flores, whoever you may be, that decision is a disaster for our country. A disaster. And we’re working on that.

More...

Since we're only legally allowed to keep kids in jail for 20 days, there's no point in giving them flu vaccinations. The Flores case only applies to kids held separately from their families. For those jailed with their families, if they get sick their parents will be there to take care of them.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    There was a Flores court case that said we can keep kids in border jails for only 20 days. As President Trump explained when he visited the border, that was a bad decision..

Since we're only legally allowed to keep kids in jail for 20 days, there's no point in giving them flu vaccinations. The Flores case only applies to kids held separately from their families. For those jailed with their families, if they get sick their parents will be there to take care of them.
    Or they could go back to their country and get vaccinated?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal