Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    That's not accurate.
    They asked Dreaven to change his actions to be more streamlined to reduce lag, Dreaven objected, but eventually complied. The end result is that the changes worked.
    No. I was upset, even said I understood, but I didn't object. What I objected to was them possibly wanting me to reduce the number of people in my groups even more and their sudden desire to have me stop with my "bot like" behavior of providing some services.

The end result is they walked back everything they wanted me to change, I made some changes of my own that I thought would help, and here we are. Dreavenings weren't causing a problem apparently (or some of the changes they made on their end helped) because they dropped the issue with me altogether.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No. I was upset, even said I understood, but I didn't object. What I objected to was them possibly wanting me to reduce the number of people in my groups even more and their sudden desire to have me stop with my "bot like" behavior of providing some services.

The end result is they walked back everything they wanted me to change, I made some changes of my own that I thought would help, and here we are. Dreavenings weren't causing a problem apparently (or some of the changes they made on their end helped) because they dropped the issue with me altogether.
    I for one think this "Dreaven" figure is a menace to our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    BriarFox made nothing better with his comments. I'd almost think he was a plant from the rival MHO Foot of the Arkati to discredit HOA.
    I was firmly in the "I think Simu might be exaggerating their evidence claim" camp until Briarfox provided that quote, which he is now saying isn't a quote but rather a poor paraphrasing on his part. Someone questioning if it's a bug and then wondering if they'll "fix it" sure sounds like the person in question knew it was a bug, although to be fair Briarfox never said that person in particular was taking advantage of the bug.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

It sounds more and more like our experiences with them. They had us test a bunch of crap, asked us to do things, walked back their requirements when nothing worked, they stopped trying, eventually they quasi fixed something, and supposedly things got better.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    I mean, there are technologies that have "solved" this problem. The issue is likely legacy systems that nobody dares touch – because the last time they tried (a few months back) the game crashed like crazy.
    I don't know, that's a lot of code to be flying around. Games like WoW have a lot of code flying around too but you usually don't get that many people in the same area all attacking 50+ critters. Sure back in the day when they had 40 man raids but even those were limited to 40 people and the number of critters people were attacking at once were usually a few, not several dozen. Nowadays though I believe WoW sticks to 25 man raids. There are 40 man battlegrounds which means 40 people on each team, but even then you don't usually have all 80 people in the same area, but when you do you can for sure notice the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I've never noticed lag anywhere but at your table during a dreavening, while you were casting and people were sending.
    Which is why I think Simu was full of it when they blamed Dreavenings. Sure I'll admit back in the days when I did the Dreavenings outside the bank I would have people complain about the lag while I was casting, but once I realized I was the problem I stopped doing Dreavenings until I could implement my solution of doing groups at the tables. Ever since I made that change I never once had anyone complain about lag during Dreavenings.

That's why I thought it was odd that years later the GMs decided I was causing lag. I don't know if they really thought I was causing lag or if they were looking for a scapegoat or what.

Quote Originally Posted by fireorlime View Post
    I for one think this "Dreaven" figure is a menace to our children.
    Well yeah.

Blog Entries

I noticed more lag towards the end of the lifecycle of dreavenings when simu got involved. However, you're right, it was not there at the beginning of you offering them. I mostly noticed it if I was running between cities. Even so, it was so short lived.

They just keep adding crap to the code that further slows it down with every new feature it seems, and not really streamlining shit because the player base dwindled.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."

"We tried a bunch of stuff" - except anything that would cause us to have to put more effort or time into things. Like splitting up your groups over different time periods, or limiting the number of people that went in during a certain period of time. When anything of this nature was offered as a possible suggestion the group responding in unison with "but then we wont be making as much money" or "Then it takes long for us to farm ghost bucks".

So you just kept shitting on the servers with the bullshit excuse of "we tried, nothing we can do, yup... not a single fucking thing we can do about it."

Blog Entries

We split the groups for a week. I've repeated that many times. There was no impact on the lag, many more headaches on logistics.