Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

1. Default

Glad to see you back, by the way, Whirlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Already fixed. You can't lose a weapon now unless you fail to use my or just drop it for no reason.
    And, if you're smart, you'll set at least the 'SaferDrop' flag, and probably the 'NoMarkedDrop' flag... and mark your items, so they don't get lost! (official's post about said flags)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Truly fixing the underlying issue without limiting group size would require a rewrite of pretty much the whole engine.
    This. You can only do so much when the engine that runs the game is single-threaded and can only handle so much at once. Remember, the engine is a product of the late 80's to early 90's time frame.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Maybe you should focus on removing the corrupt apples from your org. May also want to hire a PR rep - you’re very bad at it.
    I don't disagree with you... but I'd like to see a little more evidence about Simu's accusations before requiring any organization to take actions. And let HoA leadership analyze involvement and the involvement of the individuals who received warnings (if that becomes public information) to determine appropriate steps.

Right now, the community has... Simu's word (honestly, since when has this been worth literally anything). We've already proven earlier on in the thread that there are areas of uncertainty which means that there's more nuance associated with the actions, with the individual that got a warning for hiring enchanters... And based on Briarfox checking the HoA discord, he didn't see widespread evidence of discussion about the enchanting stuff happening through the official HoA channels of communication. Anyone on Discord can PM anyone else or set up small group chats with anyone that shares any of their servers.

I'm still not 100% certain that HoA is the only way the communications did or could have occurred, that is still speculation. We're seeing a lot of folks comment about it because HoA folks are the individuals are the more active community members by nature of being capped/etc. HoA contains a lot of veterans with a lot of members comprising a lot of the capped population. ANY events that contain any set of players will likely proportionally impact HoA.

There's lots of gemstone based organizations, even more if we consider non-official communication groups. If you consider CHEs getting more active with Discord servers, etc, I don't have sufficient evidence on my end to know that there wasn't discussion about the enchanting bug within Paupers or Silvergate Discords (examples). Are the same reprimanding activities required from each CHE that could have had an impacted member? If all MHOs and all CHEs should reprimand folks, isn't that redundant of the warnings issued by Simu?

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I don't disagree with you... but I'd like to see a little more evidence about Simu's accusations before requiring any organization to take actions. And let HoA leadership analyze involvement and the involvement of the individuals who received warnings (if that becomes public information) to determine appropriate steps.

Right now, the community has... Simu's word (honestly, since when has this been worth literally anything). We've already proven earlier on in the thread that there are areas of uncertainty which means that there's more nuance associated with the actions, with the individual that got a warning for hiring enchanters... And based on Briarfox checking the HoA discord, he didn't see widespread evidence of discussion about the enchanting stuff happening through the official HoA channels of communication. Anyone on Discord can PM anyone else or set up small group chats with anyone that shares any of their servers.

I'm still not 100% certain that HoA is the only way the communications did or could have occurred, that is still speculation. We're seeing a lot of folks comment about it because HoA folks are the individuals are the more active community members by nature of being capped/etc. HoA contains a lot of veterans with a lot of members comprising a lot of the capped population. ANY events that contain any set of players will likely proportionally impact HoA.

There's lots of gemstone based organizations, even more if we consider non-official communication groups. If you consider CHEs getting more active with Discord servers, etc, I don't have sufficient evidence on my end to know that there wasn't discussion about the enchanting bug within Paupers or Silvergate Discords (examples). Are the same reprimanding activities required from each CHE that could have had an impacted member? If all MHOs and all CHEs should reprimand folks, isn't that redundant of the warnings issued by Simu?
    Didn’t HoA betray you? I thought you left in part because of them.

Maybe you should take the reigns back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Didn’t HoA betray you? I thought you left in part because of them.

Maybe you should take the reigns back.
    So I can just centralize everything you hate?

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why do most/all scout troop leaders look like child molesters?

That guy is clearly banging Corky in the tent at night.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

So I can just centralize everything you hate?
    Centralize the good things - remove the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Seriously, who cares what other people do? I get this all the time about ‘I’m not paid enough, so and so gets paid more’ I hear people are pussy faggots. Give me a reason to pay you more, not why another is paid more. Be better.
    What if they were messing with the payroll system to duplicate the Superman III / Office Space glitch though?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    I hope the accused acknowledge they're being judged by 4-5 persons on this forum who happens to judge ANYONE on ANY matters whatsoever. The same 4-5 persons.

If the accused knows this, I think they should ask this simple question: Does their opinion reflects the majority?

Assuming an answer, next question will be: Do you even think you could change these 4-5 persons who act as if they're Judge for the benefits of others?

A bonus question: Do you think they are 100% flawless and NEVER do anything wrong that could make them accused by their peers after? LOL
    You don’t need to suck up. I’m pretty sure you can join them - requirements are low, especially in the ethics department. You’ll pass with flying colors!

I dunno, this is kind of a nuanced situation, I wouldn't trust simu's notes on the manner if you got pulled for your third warning and they just decide to ban you.
    I'm too lazy to find the post with the log, but didn't Coase or whoever it was specifically say something like "No lockouts are being recommended due to your overall good standing." or something to that effect?