Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

I continue to think this was probably unfair, based on the little information that is public. I don’t know what the GMs secret evidence is or what was in anyone’s hearts or minds, but the changes to 925 leave me with the impression this was unfair.

The main reason I feel that way is because permabless was not enchantable. Now it is. If you’d done it before the 925 changes, it would be GMA. It was the prototypical never be enchantable example. They never explicitly told us it was OK or intended that you could enchant permabless. We just know it’s OK because we enchant it and no one gets in trouble. Coaresine is not OK, because people enchanted it and got in trouble.

That’s my read of the situation on the public information. I know others draw the opposite conclusion. But it seems unfair IMO.

Fortybox, what you are saying seems more based off emotion then instead of looking at all of the evidence in front of you. You seem to be making a conclusion that everyone should know all the rules when it was specifically stated that things that weren't previously enchantable are now enchantable. I personally haven't enchanted coraesine but to be honest I wouldn't of known based off the comments that were made. I don't have time to keep up to date with all the details. If someone asked me to enchant a coraesine weapon I would of casted 925 at it. If it said I could enchant it I would of enchanted it. I'm still new to wizardry though and still have to ask which potion I should use. But I think you making the statement that people should of known is absolutely wrong.

It didn't help that the GM that brought you there wasn't even involved in the matter. They really should have waited until a GM involved in the whole process could have met with you. This log essentially tells us nothing outside of what we were already told in the announcement.

Also, people keep referencing that we were encouraged to experiment with enchanting old items - Does someone have a link to this?

Honestly, I don't have all the facts, so I can't really say anything outside of pointing out how Nodyre getting warned for enchanting Krodera is at least a load of BS. Any krodera enchanting cabal is doomed to loosing quite a bit of money .

4. Default

The power dynamic at play here is bonkers. I'm polite to the GMs, but when they overstep their bounds, I am very quick to remind them that they are customer service representatives, not arbiters. They approach most situations like police officers would and as a result people walk on eggshells around them. It's ridiculous, and people really should knock it right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Mazreth says, "You've played long enough to know what metals shouldn't be enchantable and if they are...."
    I bet if you took a poll right now, most GMs wouldn't know either, especially after the recent changes.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Well, I'm not saying that everyone who got a warning knowingly broke the rules, but it sounds like the GMs have something they are using as evidence. I don't see why they would lie about that.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 09-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, I'm not saying that everyone who got a warning knowingly broke the rules, but it sounds like the GMs have something they are using as evidence. I don't see why they would like about that.
    Uh, so they can be in the right without having to produce any evidence, because they know that they released no documentation for their half finished system that even they weren't properly aware of how it functioned?

Like how when they swore up and down that when they accidentally sold 6x HCW/HCP stuff off the shelf that their data said it would crash the market if they left them for sale, when in reality they just wanted to release the smithy a couple months later?

They probably intended to make coraesine enchantable at some point, via simucoin voucher or something at a future event, and accidentally left that part of it enchantable by players. That's the first thing that came to my mind when that particular material was enchantable and other historically un-enchantable items weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, I'm not saying that everyone who got a warning knowingly broke the rules, but it sounds like the GMs have something they are using as evidence. I don't see why they would lie about that.
    As best as we can tell, they saw people talking about enchanting coraesine in our Discord server and took that as evidence of collusion and intentional BUG abuse. So, yeah...
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

It's hard to take the line of "maybe we really were allowed to do this" serious when you start off with "I have a good idea of why I am here in the consultation lounge."

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    It's hard to take the line of "maybe we really were allowed to do this" serious when you start off with "I have a good idea of why I am here in the consultation lounge."
    Never admit guilt when you're dealing with any type of authority figure.