Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 587

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rubble of the fifth wall.
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rubble of the fifth wall.
    Posts
    17,347

    Default

    Wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    • You say, "We were encouraged to experiment on old previously unenchantable items."
    ..!? Dude, if I was told to specifically experiment on previously unenchantable item(s) then … *cranium asplodes.* But if you are profiting from it in some way that violated Policy 7 then that might not be good. I feel like … I have no effin' clue as to whether or not your fellow peepz who you were handing the items back to were walking around with 12x McGrail claidhmores.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 09-03-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

  3. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Oh god. I don't know if Allereli is still around actually.
    Allereli left? That's a shame. She could be annoying but I think she always meant well when it came to the game.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Allereli left? That's a shame. She could be annoying but I think she always meant well when it came to the game.
    Why do I think of that name as a man who played a woman and was a total asshole? Is the name similar to someone else?
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,864
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    She is still around, just maybe not on the wiki.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  6. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    On the one hand I don't like the excuse "you should have known better."

    I've been playing this game on and off for almost 30 years now and there is still A LOT I don't know about this game. The idea that I have to know everything about the game is crazy.

    On the other hand why was this only being discussed on a private Discord server? I would imagine something this major would have been mentioned on the official Discord, or the official forums, or heck even on the PC.
    On the third hand I'm kind of disappointed that the "evidence" they supposedly found was on a private Discord server of people apparently...discussing things?

    This is why I'm skeptical of what Simu is saying without knowing what evidence they have.

    Were people on this Discord server just like...talking about this shit being enchantable now? That hardly screams "We know this is a bug and we're going to exploit it! ROFL!" And no using the lame argument of "Well they SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" isn't going to cut it.

    But honestly, assuming the logs we have seen so far are real (and I have no reason to believe the people who posted them would edit the logs) it sure does sound like their "proof" is that people enchanted multiple things and they should have known those things aren't enchantable. That is to say Simu saying people knew it was a bug and rushed to exploit it as much as possible before it was fixed sounds like bullshit.

    But on the fourth hand maybe some of the more innocent people just got caught up in all of this and there really were bad actors exploiting this as much as possible with enchanting dozens of things and Simu decided to cast a wide net to be sure they got everyone.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-03-2019 at 04:33 PM.

  7. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Why do I think of that name as a man who played a woman and was a total asshole? Is the name similar to someone else?
    I suppose it could be a man in real life but I never heard anything about that.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,864
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    On the third hand I'm kind of disappointed that the "evidence" they supposedly found was on a private Discord server of people apparently...discussing things?

    This is why I'm skeptical of what Simu is saying without knowing what evidence they have.

    Were people on this Discord server just like...talking about this shit being enchantable now? That hardly screams "We know this is a bug and we're going to exploit it! ROFL!" And no using the lame argument of "Well they SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" isn't going to cut it.

    But honestly, assuming the logs we have seen so far are real (and I have no reason to believe the people who posted them would edit the logs) it sure does sound like their "proof" is that people enchanted multiple things and they should have known those things aren't enchantable. That is to say Simu saying people knew it was a bug and rushed to exploit it as much as possible before it was fixed sounds like bullshit.

    But on the fourth hand maybe some of the more innocent people just got caught up in all of this and there really were bad actors exploiting this as much as possible with enchanting dozens of things and Simu decided to cast a wide net to be sure they got everyone.
    I get the impression some of them let slip on the discord that they believed it was a bug, forgetting that GMs are members of HotArd and can read the discord, too. There were certainly lots of coraesine/otherwise unenchantable sales and enchants done recently. What, 4 or 5 from this thread alone? They track that shit.

    Last edited by Taernath; 09-03-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Did they ever actually say coraesine shouldn't be enchantable when the changes went live? Because I wouldn't have had a fucking clue.
    I wouldn't have either, and the first time I'd even heard of krodera was after reading the discoord log about it a few days ago. To assume that most players should know about XYZ however long they've been playing is very very out of touch. I've been playing GS on and off since 1999 and genuinely don't understand the majority stuff that's released in this game almost everything is so needlessly complicated. Honestly half the stuff that's posted by GMs on the officials is gibberish unless you've done your own research, it's also part of the reason why I've stuck to mainly playing one class.
    Last edited by Winter; 09-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I wouldn't have either, and the first time I'd even heard of krodera was after reading the discoord log about it a few days ago. To assume that most players should know about XYZ however long they've been playing is very very out of touch. I've been playing GS on and off since 1999 and genuinely don't understand the majority stuff that's released in this game almost everything is so needlessly complicated. Honestly half the stuff that's posted by GMs on the officials is gibberish unless you've done your own research, it's also part of the reason why I've stuck to mainly playing one class.
    This is exactly it. I enchanted Cor (partially) for someone but I had no fucking idea it wasn't supposed to be enchant-able. How the hell are you supposed to know that? No warning so far but I'd be pretty livid if I received one on account of their incompetence.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •