Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Just to be argumentative... can you point to the definitive, SIMU sanctioned documentation of what materials can and cannot be enchanted? If you cannot, it doesn't seem like this is a salient point.
    That is essentially moot when it comes to whether or not punishment is valid. They clearly stated the reason for the punishment was not simply because they did it, but because they have evidence of them doing it even though they knew it wasn't supposed to be enchantable.

Now, if anyone that got a warning claims they had no knowledge of it being a bug and in no way discussed it, then I'd say the warning may not be warranted. But even then, Coraesine isn't exactly something that you just purchase willy nilly and throw 925 at just for kicks - It's a god tier material that makes logical sense that it shouldn't be enchantable.

Even when I saw someone ask on Discord whether or not it could be enchanted, even though I was not certain if it was or not, my initial thought was "Surely they wouldn't make a material that powerful enchantable!"

In fact, like the guy who asked on Discord, they too should have thought to ask. But even so, in this case the warning is not because they didn't know, but because there is evidence that they DID know.

And whether or not the evidence came from Discord is pure speculation. But even if it was, it can easily be provable by a GM that the person in Discord is in fact that player in game.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 09-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Just to be argumentative... can you point to the definitive, SIMU sanctioned documentation of what materials can and cannot be enchanted? If you cannot, it doesn't seem like this is a salient point.
    The materials difficulty chart. Anything -999 isn't meant to be enchantable.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    From https://gswiki.play.net/Low_steel

The flaring properties of the material reside in the Category B slot, hence preventing player enchanting due to no pretemper potion available for the unique flare present in this material.
    Took me all of 2 seconds to find something on the wiki that's wrong under the new system. I don't think anyone can use the wiki as a reliable source of information.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but enchanting Coraesine is a pretty big deal. It's already a crazy powerful material, and it makes no sense to me that it would be made enchantable. Sure, I wasn't certain myself, but I never really cared much about it, let alone cared about enchanting.

If people knew that it wasn't normally enchantable, and the GMs have good evidence for this, then I really think a warning is being let off easy. I am inclined to take the GMs side on this, due to the huge advantage gained by enchanting Coraesine and/or Zelnorn. I am not so quick to take the side of all the players involved, just because they come on the forums and claim they are innocent of knowing it was a bug.

Now, enchanting krodera is a different matter, and pretty silly to give a warning over, IMO.
    Regardless of what POLICY says, it's still hard to take Simu's side on bullshit like this when they release unfinished systems into the live game and use the players as beta testers, all while dev barely even knows how half of it works.

Because let's not roll it out on the test server for a few months first to actually test it before going live. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF THAT????
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, is this true? He made the accusation and you didn't try to defend it. I'm inclined to believe Coase here.
    I was tired and got pulled out of dragonbones. I was made to wait 10-15 minutes and my eyes were closing on their own at this point. I had a pretty good idea what it was about.

I didn't know I shouldn't have been able to enchant the krodera falchion, and thought coraesine was now enchantable with the new system. I did all the enchanting myself. I had a bunch of essence saved up and took it from +20 to +28 in one sitting.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    From https://gswiki.play.net/Low_steel

Took me all of 2 seconds to find something on the wiki that's wrong under the new system. I don't think anyone can use the wiki as a reliable source of information.
    Come on, you should know that Low Steel isn't meant to be enchanted, period. In fact, according to the GMs, you DID know that whatever you enchanted wasn't supposed to be enchantable. So again, my question for you is this: Are the GMs incorrect in saying that you knew it was not enchantable, and discussed it prior to enchanting it?

I am predisposed to say that you DID know, and it's probably the main reason you purchased it. Especially players that have as much knowledge about these systems as you do.

I'd say that you should have at least questioned whether or not it should be enchantable, but then I come to the conclusion that "Oh, he probably DID, and enchanted it anyways." That's what the GMs are saying - Do you deny this?
    Last edited by Mobius1; 09-03-2019 at 12:53 PM.

You knew. This wasn’t innocent. It was oh damn guess what guys!? Check this out!! Hurry before they change it!

Or am I wrong?
    Thym, 21 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

Slocan, 100 Ranger

Jynai, 100 Empath

-Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

Sounds like purge time for the HOA discord channel.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orbstar View Post
    You knew. This wasn’t innocent. It was oh damn guess what guys!? Check this out!! Hurry before they change it!

Or am I wrong?
    Who cares if they did say that? Point to the specific and SIMU published document that states explicitly you cannot enchant X?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Is the GSWiki a simu sponsored website maintained by staff?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal