Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    This is why I don’t like you. Regardless of what you think about Dreaven, he acted in a manner that resolved the solution.

Your stupid organization on the other hand didn’t and it took Wyrom posting about why the lag was the way it was to actually admit you were the problem.

Lastly, you’re a hypocrite for taking shots at Dreaven for getting Patreons for his service. You are pretty much the most overpriced merchant selling crap here on PC. STFU with your hypocrisy.
    First, I think Wyrom knows what he's talking about when he says what causes lag more than you do, don't you? Second, HoA has worked with GMs to provide data, changed nights, split groups, and made a variety of other modifications to help mitigate lag. What you really mean is that you like what Dreaven does, so it's cool, but you don't like HoA or Reim, so it's not -- isn't that what you're getting at?
    Last edited by BriarFox; 09-04-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    You're very welcome!

And Coase did not cite any other reason in the consultation lounge (or at any other time). He didn't even seem to realize the weapon was as old as it was, nor did he realize it was blessable, too.

With this in mind, I would encourage you to keep an open mind that the other folks caught up in these GMA warnings may also not be as shady as you imagine them to be. That's entirely up to you, of course, but consider it food for thought.
    Did you email feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Why do you hate capitalism?
    I don’t have an issue with capitalism.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    First, I think Wyrom knows what he's talking about when he says what causes lag more than you do, don't you? Second, HoA has worked with GMs to provide data, changed nights, split groups, and made a variety of other modifications to help mitigate lag. What you really mean is that you like what Dreaven does, so it's cool, but you don't like HoA or Reim, so it's not -- isn't that what you're getting at?
    I think you're dangerously close to getting everyone that was on your side to turn on you. That's where I'm at right now. Your group causes massive amounts of lag and you sound suspiciously close to denying that fact right now. If you go that route, you're gonna find zero support. Walk it back.

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    You're very welcome!

And Coase did not cite any other reason in the consultation lounge (or at any other time). He didn't even seem to realize the weapon was as old as it was, nor did he realize it was blessable, too.

With this in mind, I would encourage you to keep an open mind that the other folks caught up in these GMA warnings may also not be as shady as you imagine them to be. That's entirely up to you, of course, but consider it food for thought.
    You’re the only person so far in this thread that has actually addressed the issues Simu brought up. I’d address it through feedback. Hopefully Wyrom is reading this thread (we all know he is) and will do something about it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I think you're dangerously close to getting everyone that was on your side to turn on you. That's where I'm at right now. Your group causes massive amounts of lag and you sound suspiciously close to denying that fact right now. If you go that route, you're gonna find zero support. Walk it back.
    ROFL. Sanctimonious much?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    ROFL. Sanctimonious much?
    No, not really. Nor was I there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    They love to cling to that original first bullshit answer of "It's guild night causing it" while ignoring all the posts from other members crying about how hard it is to split up groups over different dates and times. It's "not as efficient if we do smaller groups".

Apparently no one in HoTA is capable of recognizing cause and effect - Jamming a bunch of people casting AOE spells over and over is causing other people to complain about lag, just like invasions that we know cause lag, better keep doing it because it makes our group happy!

Then they got an "out" from the bullshit answer of "it looks like its guild night causing the lag" and rode that one to death before it finally came out that it is in fact a game engine issue with too many command inputs in a short period of time.
    It's a problem with the game, and instead of stopping it they keep going, abusing a known game issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post

Wrong. I don’t like lag in game (it affects my ability to play) and your organizations jerky response to it.

That’s why many don’t like you all.

10. Default

@merzbow: I had a one-on-one discussion with Wyrom late last week. He promised to get back to me at a later date.

@Stumplicker: Putting aside BriarFox's rightfully-frustrated tone, I can attest that the HOA group has done a *number* of things to try and alleviate our contribution to lag. We split up our groups on Farm Nights (which are really the only time lag occurs), we asked staff for input on how to modify our attack routines to avoid triggering the server woes, and we even suggested they cap Reim entry like they do for other quests. At this point, I'm not quite sure what else you'd like the group to do. Also, to clear up a misconception, most of the HOA group activities revolve around warcamping and bandit bounties these days. We have a very active discord announcement channel and love doing ad-hoc group hunts.

I only mention this because that's what I find most enjoyable about the game: group hunting. HOA is a wonderful group of people and they really do care about the game's well-being, despite what some may think of it or individual members. I wholeheartedly invite you all to join us for bandits or warcamps if you'd like. I assure you that you'll have fun, especially when my scrub rogue leads.