Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    If we get new players i’d Imagine once they research Gemstone this forum would come up and more than likely people have said fuck this shit and didn’t even bother with GS. I can give two shits if I agree or disagree with him and I can handle myself.
    What's more likely is that they'll try the officials, see how fucking useless and outdated they are, either quit right then and there, or they'll come here and enjoy being able to say wtf they want while still being able to get the info they're looking for.

This is assuming GS actually has a regular flow of new players instead of like 6 people per year, which isn't the case.

Anyone who can handle LNet should have no problem dealing with the PC.

Not to mention, outside of the politics folder when the ultratards are active, it's not really all that toxic here overall anyway.

I’m just stating this is not a good site to promote our community in any positive light. Most of the people on here aren’t even active players.
    Neither is $15-50 a month + tons of microtransactions for a 30 year old text game run by volunteers, but Simu somehow manages to find people dumb enough to make it work.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You don’t need to suck up. I’m pretty sure you can join them - requirements are low, especially in the ethics department. You’ll pass with flying colors!
    When you're done playing the quatuor Judges on PC about anything you disagree, we'll move to constructive matter like ranting on Simu and giving out ideas or talking recipes.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm too lazy to find the post with the log, but didn't Coase or whoever it was specifically say something like "No lockouts are being recommended due to your overall good standing." or something to that effect?
    I don't need to find it, but I think I had read the same thing...
    I was just thinking in 4 years from now, some nub who decided to be a GM, like (insert PC poster's name here) joins simu, and you got caught with a gerkin in your trousers in game.
    Based on policy 757193 that Simu passed at 6 AM via their discord help channel, that's now a bannable abuse offense for reasons.
    And GM (insert PC Poster's name here), dgaf and decided to ban everyone on this list that has 1 warning ever about anything because GMs can be super lazy.
    Gelston's commented that the bar's a little higher than that, so it's not likely, but I could understand not wanting an official warning to prevent against situations like that.

It's kinda sad that as ridiculous as that sounds, it also sounds not entirely inplausible.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    at release Naos:
    Didn't update any documentation.
    Refused to answer practically any meaningful questions about the system and difficulty changes.
    ignored or deflected players who did bring concerns about item difficulties for days post release until the hilariously out of whack ones were brought up, and then it was Estild who had to confirm those
    was a shithead whenever people tried to ask about when the potion vendor would be done (that continues to this day)
    You left out the best part where Naos literally asked (paraphrased, I think anyway) "Why would you want to test this on the test server?" when someone brought up that this should have been on the test server first IIRC.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

5. Default

Last edited by audioserf; 07-01-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    They sure did, three times in fact. Once, however, was AFTER these things were enchanted (probably). All 3 of these were on a weekday at around 1:30 pm on discord and fucking no where else. In the #mechanics channel that is probably the most most spammy channel on the server. The first was before new-enchant (feb with the limitbreaker potions) so that only gets half credit.

Yeah that seems practical. Check the wiki it's authoritative....ANNNNND also discord on Estild's lunch breaks during the week.
    It's pretty mind blowing that Simu doesn't have some sort of rule in place where any and all official info on anything new that's posted in Discord should have to be posted on the officials too, and/or as a NEWS item, or literally anywhere that doesn't require you to find a needle in the 537482052437 message haystack since you were last signed in 45 minutes ago on Discord where someone just happened to ask X question that Estild responded to with an actual answer, with 537482052436 of those messages usually being people asking Simu to shart in their mouth.

Discord is pretty much the worst format they could use for any sort of in-game news distribution, and there's plenty of mechanics info that's buried in Discord and likely posted nowhere else.

Regardless of any guilt on HoA members though, it would be nice if Simu could stop being so fucking lazy with anything non-P2W related for once. It also wouldn't hurt Naos to realize that this isn't GS3 in the 1990s anymore either where apparently the cool thing to do was figure out all the formulas yourself through ridiculous amounts of mind numbing bullshit testing.

TLDR: Simu is dumb

7. Default

If they could get the GM Answer Bot working, that would at least be a repository of GM statements on discord, even if you'd lose context. They know the officials are trash from the dump and they all seem to want to drop them and just use discord, but they need something more permanent/searchable/accessible for people who can't sit on a chat all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    From the female cleric that spends her days reporting names she doesn't like to the other female cleric that used her position as a police dispatcher to gain access to peoples personal information.
    More details required plz.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    All that happened was a few people in a big organisation found out that you could enchant coraesine. They didn’t bother to check this with anyone because the enchanting changes were unclear. Should they have? Maybe. That’s the debatable part. But no, let’s just declare: Huge crime! Should disband! People have NO soulzzz! Coraesine causes LAG!
    This seems like a good time to ask this again, since you ignored the question earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    It's possible they have something. I reviewed all messages (and deleted messages) in the HOA Discord server, and there's nothing more incriminating than: "Did they mean to make this enchantable? Huh. I wonder if they'll fix it." To equate that response with "intentionally abusing a bug in collusion with other players for profit" is a pretty big leap. Players don't generally get punished for GMs forgetting to do something (like flag coraesine as unenchantable).
    "Did they mean to make this enchantable? Huh. I wonder if they'll fix it."
    "I wonder if they'll fix it."

Are you really not seeing the issue here? If you need more assistance with this, just let me know.

Simu sucks tremendously, don't get me wrong, but you've come across as disingenuous for pretty much this entire thread.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 02:51 PM.

You’re reading too much into my paraphrase, and that was bad phrasing on my part, using the word “fixed.” People wondered if it’d get changed back, but that wasn’t evidence that they knew it was a bug. Simu has historically changed how things work over time, eg DB cloaks, fusion enchanting, etc.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 09-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.