Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    They love to cling to that original first bullshit answer of "It's guild night causing it" while ignoring all the posts from other members crying about how hard it is to split up groups over different dates and times. It's "not as efficient if we do smaller groups".

Apparently no one in HoTA is capable of recognizing cause and effect - Jamming a bunch of people casting AOE spells over and over is causing other people to complain about lag, just like invasions that we know cause lag, better keep doing it because it makes our group happy!

Then they got an "out" from the bullshit answer of "it looks like its guild night causing the lag" and rode that one to death before it finally came out that it is in fact a game engine issue with too many command inputs in a short period of time.
    It's a problem with the game, and instead of stopping it they keep going, abusing a known game issue.
    Meanwhile Dreaven literally codes a new workable solution.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    @merzbow: I had a one-on-one discussion with Wyrom late last week. He promised to get back to me at a later date.

@Stumplicker: Putting aside BriarFox's rightfully-frustrated tone, I can attest that the HOA group has done a *number* of things to try and alleviate our contribution to lag. We split up our groups on Farm Nights (which are really the only time lag occurs), we asked staff for input on how to modify our attack routines to avoid triggering the server woes, and we even suggested they cap Reim entry like they do for other quests. At this point, I'm not quite sure what else you'd like the group to do. Also, to clear up a misconception, most of the HOA group activities revolve around warcamping and bandit bounties these days. We have a very active discord announcement channel and love doing ad-hoc group hunts.

I only mention this because that's what I find most enjoyable about the game: group hunting. HOA is a wonderful group of people and they really do care about the game's well-being, despite what some may think of it or individual members. I wholeheartedly invite you all to join us for bandits or warcamps if you'd like. I assure you that you'll have fun, especially when my scrub rogue leads.
    I'm aware you have been asked to do things to alleviate the lag. I've been on 10-15 nights myself, which is how I got such a bad taste in my mouth about the afk people and all the simucoins going in. As I said before here and in another thread, the lag is not your fault, but bad design. Denying that you cause the lag however is absolutely going to make people turn on you, because nobody here is that stupid.

3. Default

Fortybox: the ;treim script (available on the ;repo and in a public github repository) was updated numerous times to help address the lag. Just sayin'.

4. Default

Stumplicker: I'm very sorry you had such a negative impression of the reim nights with HOA. I was holding some west coast reim nights at 8 PM pacific for folks – perhaps you'd be open to giving those a shot if I start them up again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Wow, another AotA getting a warning...shocker.

Bottom line - your MHO is corrupt and those involved should have banned.
    Good thing no one cares what you think.

Keep howling at the moon, just know that no one takes you seriously. You are the definition of a joke.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    there's nothing more incriminating than: "Did they mean to make this enchantable? Huh. I wonder if they'll fix it."
    Well, I mean, that is pretty incriminating. This quote here suggests whoever said it thought it was probably a bug. I have no idea if this person was one of the people caught enchanting multiple things, but this certainly doesn't look good.

7. Default

Tgo01: to be fair, I was gobsmacked to learn that high steel and low steel were made enchantable. Neither of those are on the material difficulty chart for enchanting from what I can see, and were previously unenchantable (at least I know high steel was). I had the same reaction as you quoted when that was made known to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    I can only speak for myself, sir, but I'm happy to answer:

1. I was not aware that enchanting krodera under the new system was a bug, especially since the sword could be enchanted under the OLD system, too.
    2. I did not collude with anyone. I hired enchanters to work on my sword. None of them had any concerns that the item was buggy since it was from the '90s.
    3. I *proactively* alerted staff to the fact I was enchanting this sword on August 15th via the official discord once I was made aware of the -999 material difficulty entry on the wiki.
    4. There was no continued abuse at all after this point. I didn't even touch the sword.

Hope that helps to assuage your concerns.
    Honestly, I know you well enough to not even have hear you say this. It was my assumption from the beginning, and one reason I defended you on this from the very beginning.

I personally did not get involved in this just because I have a beef with HoA. Honestly, you know I don't like your MHO (I mean, I did get banned from your Discord, after all.), but that doesn't mean I have a quarrel with each individual member. I don't usually take forums and Discord chats personal, and I certainly don't take ire just because someone disagrees with me. It's why I'm not afraid to take your side on this (in regards to Nodyre specifically), regardless of my feelings toward your MHO.

I guess why I am saying in all this, is simply that my opinions on this matter are not clouded by any ill feelings toward your MHO, though great those ill feelings may be. I can only hope that HoA members look at their fellow members with the same unclouded eyes, including yourself.

I personally feel that enchanting Coraesine was an incredibly serious matter, and you won't hear me try to downplay it. I also feel that those who did so knowing it was wrong, got off with a very light punishment.

And frankly, to get onto some of the anti-HoA train a bit - This certainly seems to be a trend with your MHO, in its refusal to just admit when wrong, instead of bloody defending your position to the death even when you were in the wrong. Even I, though blunt and opinionated as I can be, always try to admit when I was wrong about something (Assassinate my character all you want, but I firmly stand by this statement.). But HoA is too elitest to admit being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I think you mean, "When Dreaven was told his rampant botting and use of Rapid Fire to spell up 200 people at once were causing problems, he changed his tactics so he could continue asking people to give him money through his Patreon," don't you?
    What they are referring to as far as crashing/slowing the game down goes back a couple of years, way before I even started a Patreon.

When the GMs came a knocking a few months ago suggesting I was contributing to the lag (I wasn't) I refined my scripts and my methods even further to help alleviate the problems as much as I could. But I guess I did that "for the money I get through Patreon."
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-04-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Because the customer is always wrong right? Keep continuing to have that mentality and we won’t have a game to play. People are going to start leaving if a company treats their customers like crap. Accepting that mentality is detrimental to the health of the game.

If Simu was gonna go under for being shitty to customers, GS would have been dead like 15-20 years ago.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible