Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I was not warned.
    YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    We basically do, actually. If our group gets over 20ish people, we usually divide into two. The lag issue is caused by scaling messaging requirements for larger groups (same reason huge groups get silenced automatically in one room), and this tactic mostly fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Couldn't Simu *gasp* fix the underlying lag issue... instead of blaming it on too many people enjoying the game? Someone mentioned Stockholm syndrome earlier... this seems like a prime example of that.
    No. It is against Simu policy for them to be accountable for their own fuckups and incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    HOA is like any group. There are jerks and elitists, and there are people you wouldn't even know are in HOA because they don't talk about it. The group is judged by a combination of the loudest and worse examples. There's people on that list who got posted who I think are awesome, and I had no idea they were in the group. I don't think of them differently now. I think the lag issue sucks, and I don't doubt that HOA have taken actions to mitigate it, but it still makes sense that people hold that against them, tbh. The warnings (except for Nodyre, who got flatly hosed and should appeal as hard as possible) seem more warranted the longer I think on it, but it seems like people should just move on at this point. The warnings were issued and they're ultimately a slap on the wrist. Unless people plan to get more warnings they can probably forget it ever happened. The absolute bile in some of the posts about HOA is wild, though. We're all playing a game for the most extreme nerds alive who really enjoy MUDs and the 1990s. Let's calm down. Source: I'm a nerd
    A few things about this thread though...

1. Anyone who disliked HoA is probably going to dislike them even more now, even if it's only due to a few bad apples in the bunch. This certainly won't help their apparently already tainted reputation, even if the majority of its members are cool people.

2. Everyone on all sides of this are sick of Simu's shit and how they continue blaming their own laziness and incompetence at QC and distributing information (while simultaneously telling players to experiment) on the players (i.e. Nodyre).

3. BriarFox is an excuse machine.

4. Penis.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    That's not accurate.
    They asked Dreaven to change his actions to be more streamlined to reduce lag, Dreaven objected, but eventually complied. The end result is that the changes worked.
    Simu engaged with us to test changes to reduce lag. We worked with them on a variety of tests, and changed our actions. We tried split the group, they lowered spawn rates, turned off invasions, tried new flags. The end result is that nothing worked, they didn't do anything to further work on it.
    Lack of denial of BriarFox's stuff being overpriced noted.

You’re reading too much into my paraphrase, and that was bad phrasing on my part, using the word “fixed.” People wondered if it’d get changed back, but that wasn’t evidence that they knew it was a bug. Simu has historically changed how things work over time, eg DB cloaks, fusion enchanting, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Hey now. Free market, charge what you want, and if people don't pay, that's on you. That's capitalism, you taught me that sempai.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Selling my bow for $20,000

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Hindsight is perfect. It's easy to look back now, point a finger, and say, "You should have KNOWN!" It wasn't clear then, though. And, again, I wasn't actually involved in any of this, but I see the positions of the people who were.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

Selling my bow for $20,000
    No coraesine, no deal.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Hey now. Free market, charge what you want, and if people don't pay, that's on you. That's capitalism, you taught me that sempai.
    That post was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but yes.

Hindsight is perfect. It's easy to look back now, point a finger, and say, "You should have KNOWN!" It wasn't clear then, though. And, again, I wasn't actually involved in any of this, but I see the positions of the people who were.
    If you have to say "I wonder if they'll fix it" or "I wonder if it'll get changed back" or whatever other statement indicating any amount of possible doubt, then that should be a pretty clear indicator that you should consider checking with staff first. Especially, and I mean like 9999999999999x especially, knowing how incompetent Simu QC is and how they love blaming that shit on the players.

I'll never agree with Simu's "You should know better!" policy, but everyone here is fully aware that that's how these idiots have always operated. The fact that it's an extremely stupid way to run things is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 03:54 PM.

On second thought, maybe that's what Mazreth meant when they said "You should have known better." or however they said it. They weren't referring to enchanting mechanics, they actually meant "You should have known Simu would blame their super shitty QC on the players."

In which case, they should have known better. Because Simu are dumb stupid dumbstupidheads.