Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

1. Default

I was not warned.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    This is why I don’t like you. Regardless of what you think about Dreaven, he acted in a manner that resolved the solution.

Your stupid organization on the other hand didn’t and it took Wyrom posting about why the lag was the way it was to actually admit you were the problem.

Lastly, you’re a hypocrite for taking shots at Dreaven for getting Patreons for his service. You are pretty much the most overpriced merchant selling crap here on PC. STFU with your hypocrisy.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    I can only speak for myself, sir, but I'm happy to answer:

1. I was not aware that enchanting krodera under the new system was a bug, especially since the sword could be enchanted under the OLD system, too.
    2. I did not collude with anyone. I hired enchanters to work on my sword. None of them had any concerns that the item was buggy since it was from the '90s.
    3. I *proactively* alerted staff to the fact I was enchanting this sword on August 15th via the official discord once I was made aware of the -999 material difficulty entry on the wiki.
    4. There was no continued abuse at all after this point. I didn't even touch the sword.

Hope that helps to assuage your concerns.
    If you got a warning anyway and this is the whole story, then Coase is a cunt and you should go nuts on feedback. Or hit up Wyrom first, then go to feedback if that doesn't get you anywhere.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This is correct.
    Why do you hate capitalism?!

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

we even suggested they cap Reim entry like they do for other quests. At this point, I'm not quite sure what else you'd like the group to do.
    Is there something stopping HoA from implementing their own Reim entry cap?

If Dreaven can do it, so can HoA.

HoA: Hey Simu I got an idea, how about just cap the number of people for Reim entry?

Wyrom: That might help, but you guys could literally do that yourselves too, without requiring a mechanics change to force it.

HoA:

Simu: Hey Dreaven, having 4532780942 people at Dreavenings is fucking shit up.

Dreaven: Okay.
    Dreaven: *fixes problem in like a day*

HoA: What about that Reim cap though?
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Is there something stopping HoA from implementing their own Reim entry cap?

If Dreaven can do it, so can HoA.

HoA: Hey Simu I got an idea, how about just cap the number of people for Reim entry?

Wyrom: That might help, but you guys could literally do that yourselves too, without requiring a mechanics change to force it.

HoA:

Simu: Hey Dreaven, having 4532780942 people at Dreavenings is fucking shit up.

Dreaven: Okay.
    Dreaven: *fixes problem in like a day*

HoA: What about that Reim cap though?
    We basically do, actually. If our group gets over 20ish people, we usually divide into two. The lag issue is caused by scaling messaging requirements for larger groups (same reason huge groups get silenced automatically in one room), and this tactic mostly fixes it.

@Mobius1: Your position is entirely reasonable. With that said, I would ask that you consider separating the actions of the Officers and/or individual members from the MHO itself.

There are a lot of wonderful people in the group – officers included! – whose presence in Elanthia make the game more enjoyable for everyone. And I think there was some great feedback in this thread (or perhaps another?) that suggested HOA do more than just group hunting stuff. Definitely given me food for thought.
    Perhaps the shitheads that are giving HoA a bad name should stop be tossed out of HoA if you don't want HoA to be generally viewed as cancer.

Just like with most other things, it only takes 1 or 2 assholes to taint the whole group.

8. Default

Couldn't Simu *gasp* fix the underlying lag issue... instead of blaming it on too many people enjoying the game? Someone mentioned Stockholm syndrome earlier... this seems like a prime example of that.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Couldn't Simu *gasp* fix the underlying lag issue... instead of blaming it on too many people enjoying the game? Someone mentioned Stockholm syndrome earlier... this seems like a prime example of that.
    The issue is that too many people in the same room getting the same line feeds causes the game to have to send lots of lines all at once. When you have 20 people in a room all spamming multiline combat text at 20 critters every 40 seconds and every line of every action has to go to 20 people at once, the game lags. It's why at big merchants you can't talk and some things get squelched.

The problem is that if you limit the group size to say, 5, it becomes slower for those 20 people to get ghost bucks and max out and fire another $1 into a Reim orb. If they limit group size, they lower interest/ability in people spending $1 every 10 minutes for 2 hours 2-3 nights per week, and they won't do that.

HotA cut the groups into roughly 10-11 people each when lag started becoming a problem because that doesn't really cut into their speed. Most people can't hit 11+ critters in one attack to tag and get credit for everything that spawned anyway. But if you limit it to less, people with the ability to hit 7, 8, 9 things at once lose out. So they won't go lower, and Simu won't fix it because that'd mean fewer dollars.

That's the issue in a nutshell. Theoretically they could make 20 ghosts spawn as one big ghost blob critter and solve part of the issue, but not all of it, and that comes with its own set of hurdles as it is. Truly fixing the underlying issue without limiting group size would require a rewrite of pretty much the whole engine.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-05-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    It's a structural problem with GS itself, from a time before Krakii crawled up out of the sea and took his first shuddering breath.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.