Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrading armor accessories

Default upgrading armor accessories

Just a short little guide on my suggestions for upgrading armor accessories:

With armor accessories, one way to go is to have nothing on them except for enhancives. The advantage of this, is you get the full amount of padding from your base armor applied to the covered locations. To go this route though, I dont think you can use warrior resistance or ranger resistance on the armor accessories (I think that halves padding values on the base armor).

The other way to go is to embrace halving and load up the armor accessories. For instance you can put warrior resistance, ranger resistance, WPS damage padding, flares, etc. on the armor accessories. Doing one of these causes padding from base armor to be halved, but doing more than one of them has no further effect. If you go this route, I would aim for 12 points of combat effectiveness on your base armor, that way when it gets halved to 6 on the locations with the armor accessories, you still get 6 points of combat effectiveness (which is the full amount before randomization kicks in).
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

It isn't halved, it is averaged.

Pad your armor accessories. They're cheap by the way.

I do wonder if they changed these formula any with the WPS introduction. With the ability to add both crit and damage to a single item now it seemed like it might have warranted relooking at the average down mechanic.

Interesting, I read all the official posts again, and I think you are correct about averaging. Many of the posts say "halved," but I think what they really meant was averaging when one of the values is "0" can be understood as halving.

Ohh shit, I'd never thought about how my warrior fittings might affect padding. So if I put fittings on a helm that has no padding otherwise, it now counts as an accessory for padding purposes and gets averaged in with my armor?

Is there any way to take fittings off, or do I need to just get knocked in the head some more?

There is a way to remove fittings, I remember it taking a nice warrior about 1hr to figure out when he was helping me change fittings. I dont remember what was the issue, some crazy syntax command.

Yes I definitely think warrior fittings on the armor accessories will cause padding from the base armor to be halved. If you put the armor accessories on the base armor, it doesnt happen though.

I thought more about halved vs. average. I think its halved, because averaged doesn't make sense. Averaged would mean if you have HCP on the base armor, and you put on exceptionally damagae padded greaves, you suddenly got VHCP at the location covered with the greaves. That makes no sense, putting on damage padded greaves cannot increase the crit padding. It could only be halved.

ARMOR CRUSH REMOVE KHORPULENT TORSO

Any warrior trained in fittings of any flavor can remove any fittings, but they will need to hold your armor to do it.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    I thought more about halved vs. average. I think its halved, because averaged doesn't make sense. Averaged would mean if you have HCP on the base armor, and you put on exceptionally damagae padded greaves, you suddenly got VHCP at the location covered with the greaves. That makes no sense, putting on damage padded greaves cannot increase the crit padding. It could only be halved.
    That's basically the way it is now. In the initial release, torso armor and accessories with similar padding were averaged. Eg. Somewhat crit padded torso armor (6 pts.) combined with Heavily crit padded arm greaves (10 pts.) provided Decent crit padding on the arms (10 + 6)/2 = 8 pts. After much twisting and shouting on the officials a revision was implemented which resulted in padding averaging replaced with best level of coverage. Padding combined with designated special properties or dissimilar padding halves the padding but is sometimes still shown as averaging, eg. (10 + 0)/2 = 5 pts.

Mark

Any ideas on this combos?

what if I wear 10 CER crit plate and a helmet with 15CER crit and mod crush resistance?
    What if I did that same thing but added +10% crush resistance on my plate? or instead +10% puncture?
    What if I add warrior fittings to the plate and/or helmet?

Is there any way to mitigate getting boned by halfing by adding properties to either torso or accessories? Do I hit a maximum level of boned, or does the boneing stack up to create Super Bone the BoneInator?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Right before the intro of WPS, I put HCP on an otherwise pretty remarkable helm with PPs. I consider it a waste. I recommend focusing your defense on your main armor, and get the best enhancives you can via accessories. Unless you're using an end-game accessory, i don't think it's worth adding padding to something you're more likely to trade out of. As for temporary fittings, knock yourself out.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Right before the intro of WPS, I put HCP on an otherwise pretty remarkable helm with PPs. I consider it a waste. I recommend focusing your defense on your main armor, and get the best enhancives you can via accessories. Unless you're using an end-game accessory, i don't think it's worth adding padding to something you're more likely to trade out of. As for temporary fittings, knock yourself out.
    I have lots of fun bits, but with the murk on how anything interacts it's hard to know if I am fucking up my armor set up by having an uber helmet on uber plate and somehow ending up LESS defended. And if so, how much less? As to the fittings, I don't understand what knocking myself out means here. Do they not cause the halving business on armor or accessories?