Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bane oils

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Bane Oil Bandits
    "His name was Robert Paulsen, his name was RobertPaulsen..."
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

So apparently this was on some sort of timer. The oil wore off of both my monk's handwraps and boots the same day, 36 days after I applied it. I got a total of 15,781 swings from the handwraps and 10,353 from the boots.

The same thing happened with my wizard, only I had applied the oil 3 days earlier and it wore off two days later. I don't think I started actually using the wizard's handwraps/boots with the oil until the same day I started with the monk, though, which could explain that discrepency. And I hadn't been using that set of wraps/boots on the 18th, when the oil wore off on my monk. They both wore off this morning shorty after I started using them. I got 12,178 swings from the wizard's handwrap and 1,119 from his boots.

In conclusion: the oils are probably on some sort of timer that doesn't start until you actually use them in combat and doesn't end unless you're using them in combat. I reapplied to one set of boots/gloves, so I guess I'll see what happens with this next application.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 09-20-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Do you have some Lynch script that is keeping that data? I’d love to see a breakdown of my character’s casts, damage etc.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Better bug it or you'll get a warning!
    Just going to reiterate this. Fat chance it was the intent of bane oils that you would get 30 days of blessing for 100 bloodscrip.

1000 Simucoins maybe.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    There's no way this way intentional. I would go so far as to REPORT your findings immediately if you have ever used these bane oils. Simu has a HAIR-TRIGGER for any sort of game mechanics abuse.
    Most players find little to no value in temporary properties (flares, weighting, padding, etc), while Simu tends to think temporary properties are the shit. The bane aspect makes these even less valuable than items with temporary properties against everything.

The pricing for these bane oils currently appears to align with player valuation. So I'm sure at the next DR the cost will be x10 and the duration will be cut 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Just going to reiterate this. Fat chance it was the intent of bane oils that you would get 30 days of blessing for 100 bloodscrip.

1000 Simucoins maybe.
    I think its a bug too but this wasn't 30 days of blessing. It's undead bane oil, but not greater undead bane. I think it adds flares to blessed weapons. He still needed a bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xred View Post
    Do you have some Lynch script that is keeping that data? I’d love to see a breakdown of my character’s casts, damage etc.
    I just used Notepad ++ to search my logs for the relevant lines of text.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I think its a bug too but this wasn't 30 days of blessing. It's undead bane oil, but not greater undead bane. I think it adds flares to blessed weapons. He still needed a bless.
    I kinda actually wonder if they meant for it to work that way, or something like it. The oils from this run just either added plasma flares or weighting against undead, grimswarm, or trolls. I was using the undead plasma stuff on my handwraps and the grimswarm plasma stuff on my boots. The plasma oils were 100 bs for 4 applications, the "greater weighting" oils were 300 bs. So yeah, 300 bs and you have plasma flares against undead for a year (or 900 for weighting for a year), does seem cheap, but not totally crazy.

The oils also made the handwraps go from "you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky" to "nearly impossible" when my wizard tried to enchant them.

Ban him. One year minimum. Exploiting .

Holy shit, they must have just nerfed these oils in spectacular fashion. Reapplied it to my boots, wore off in 79 swings. Tried it again, got 59 swings, a total of 14 flares...

This sounds like a bug to me!
    Last edited by khorpulent; 09-21-2019 at 08:19 AM.

From 'probably way too good to be true' to 'definitely not worth 100 BS'

That sounds like Simu to me