Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bane oils

Default bane oils

Anyone have any idea how many swings you get from those bane oils from DR? So far I'm at something like 4-5k swings and still oily.

Apparently those oils significantly increase the difficulty of enchanting, which was something I did not consider before applying it to a pair of handwraps I was intending to enchant the next day.

Well, apparently the answer to this question is: fucking forever. I reckon that makes those oils a great value, unless you ever need to get it off...

Been through several blesses (with 1604 too!) from an uber cleric and these plasma flares are still going strong...

It is pretty sweet getting double flares between holy water and the bane oil, at least.

Good to know, is the item in question sanctified? I think you get more swing on a sanctified item
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Sounds like a bug to me. They used to only be good for a pretty weak number of swings on very limited already easy to bless weapons.

It's possible they were improved I suppose.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Bug is what I'm thinking too. It seems wrong that they'd last so long, especially when they went out of their way to nerf the buff tonics at this last DR.

Better bug it or you'll get a warning!
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Your next MSTRIKE could be your last!

One thing to check, if you're not hitting undead, it might not count? Also, they just might not work with the UAC. That would be an oops for sure.

They definitely work. I got the stuff with plasma flares, so I can see the flares against undead. There's also messaging every swing that the oily sheen wears off a little, whether I strike living or undead. And no, not sancted -- just some weighted handwraps.

I like the flares a lot, but my handwraps suddenly jumped from a relatively easy enchant for my mid-level wizard to nearly impossible after I applied the oil, and I'd been intending to enchanting them up a few more times. I could just enchant one of my other pairs of handwraps or boots, but I thought it was so cool I put it on all of them!

I actually heard someone asking on lnet about it during DR. He said that he'd applied it to his weapon during the previous DR and it still hadn't worn off. Apparently a game host told him that the only way to get it off was to keep swinging. He said it was his main weapon and he'd been using it every day for months...

I've gotta be getting close to 10,000 swings now...the handwraps are on my monk, who mostly hunts SoS and can burn through a ~1k swing bless in an evening of hunting.

Maybe it is a bug...

Anyone wanna join my bane oil cabal and exploit this shit??
    Last edited by khorpulent; 09-05-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Bane Oil Bandits