Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Game Mechanics Abuse Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    It's because you don't pay Simu $$$ at their events. I say that jokingly but as I write this it's actually true so therefore it's not a joke anymore.
    Yes. If Simucoins existed back then and I was a whale they'd be like, "Excuse me, but is there any possible way we can we have that 15m back please? Thank you, we really appreciate it. Also, please don't do that anymore. Thank you. Also, here's a 4x RPA for having to spend 5 minutes in the Consultation Lounge. Ready to go back now?"
    Last edited by Methais; 09-03-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Personally I don't dislike them on account of the lag. The lag isn't their fault. It is a result of what they're doing, but you can't blame bad design on them. What I dislike is that they're held to a different standard because they're firing simucoins into the system on a biweekly basis, and they're largely doing it afk. I've been with those groups maybe 10, 15 times to replenish favor. Out of 30 people or so, there are probably only three or four responsive. It's all 100% scripted with ;treim, and people only come back to their computers every 10 minutes to fire another 100 simucoins in and reset their ghost bucks. It's bad enough that when the script doesn't kill everything in the room, I was the only one still swinging to clear things out in a lot of cases.

Not a one of them has ever been penalized for afk scripting in Reim. Because simucoins. That's why I take issue.
    >report EVERYONE IN REIM IS AFK SCRIPTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111seve nty-five
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Personally I don't dislike them on account of the lag. The lag isn't their fault. It is a result of what they're doing, but you can't blame bad design on them. What I dislike is that they're held to a different standard because they're firing simucoins into the system on a biweekly basis, and they're largely doing it afk. I've been with those groups maybe 10, 15 times to replenish favor. Out of 30 people or so, there are probably only three or four responsive. It's all 100% scripted with ;treim, and people only come back to their computers every 10 minutes to fire another 100 simucoins in and reset their ghost bucks. It's bad enough that when the script doesn't kill everything in the room, I was the only one still swinging to clear things out in a lot of cases.

Not a one of them has ever been penalized for afk scripting in Reim. Because simucoins. That's why I take issue.
    We were among the first few groups to utilize Discord... While most people appear AFK, there's typically a lot of nonsense conversation happening in Discord, especially when you consider the screen scrolling in trying to converse with text. But from an in-game perspective exclusively, it absolutely appears AFK. They absolutely should AFK check folks more often. It happened early on when we started running Reim, but I don't know if it ever further happened after the first month or so. The problem is that the screen is scrolling so damn fast, it'd be plausible deniability to 'miss' a check. But I'm 100% with you, they need to be script checked, if they are truly AFK, that's shitty.

;treim was originally made to track progress, as there was no easy way to confirm your members were able to progress to the next wing, rather than just attempting and leaving people behind at the gate. We eventually made one-line autoexec functions that simply got integrated into treim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I think HoA has a lot of great people, and many of them mean well, and probably give a lot of time and effort to their raids which they certainly aren't obligated to. As someone who runs events myself, I have respect for that.

The problem, and I think the main reason why so many people dislike them as a group (myself included), is that 1)They are an MHO that doesn't RP....at all. I'm not saying individual members don't, but as an MHO, they do zero RP events, which is why an MHO is supposed to exist. I can't speak for how they were originally, but currently I scratch my head as to why they are allowed to even be a MHO. Also, their one event they do, essentially requires you to be premie. 2)They are the "elitest guild" of Gemstone. They are a bunch of capped players whose main purpose seems to simply become more powerful, which leads to all kinds of issues with a population of roleplayers.

So yeah, if you want less hate, HoA members, why not ACTUALLY do some roleplaying events in this roleplaying game? Seriously, I'm not saying this just to cast shade - You guys should really think about that as a group. Otherwise, you should question why you are even in the group.

Lol, gotta love how this suddenly became an anti-HoA discussion. I guess the fact that no one has refuted that it was an HoA members shows that it's most likely true.

~Midgar
    It was 100% confirmed to be HoA members if you saw who was asking the questions in discord, who was asking for rules clarifications/etc. Leafiara had a screen cap against her, and Ragz had a slew of policy rule clarifications in the GM questions section. I'm honestly surprised that there were any questions.

We fought in invasions in Ta'Vaalor back in my tenure, had a lot of fun fighting demons. But yes, 99% combat related. The problem is that everyone has their own individual RP style, and trying to ret-con a set of standards/approach/identity through participating in the MHO can conflict with individual ideals. I even received flak for not running Reim while participating in storyline missions because some people were RPing elf-hating folks that didn't want to defend Ta'Vaalor.

As far as the MHO existing, it was meant to exist as an avenue to bring capped folks together and collaborate more. Capped Bandits, warcamping, Reim (god I wish they'd create a replacement), even some hunting. As I understood it, MHOs are meant to be clubs that people can participate in, and since it's not a CHE, folks can join however many other clubs they want to as well. I know the Black Hand and Temple Knights of Ta'Ardenai officers used HotA events to recruit for their MHOs. There's a lot of nonsense bullshitting that goes on during events, people are going to talk about their RP stuff. It also gives a nice capped community as well. I know a few of us split the costs of enchanting potions back during earlier Duskruins because we didn't need 40 pours of each one. Folks that were previously otherwise scattered across Elanthia and probably never talked.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.