View Poll Results: Which flares are best for UAC Gloves?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dispel

0 0%
  • Grapple

3 15.00%
  • Disintegrate

8 40.00%
  • Plasma

1 5.00%
  • Tacos!!!

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Flares to pick

Default Which Flares to pick

So probably 75% of my attacks on my warmage are with the gloves. I'm adding flares to:

7x, 5CER Crit/3CER Damage weighted, T5 ensorcelled gloves with KO Flares. Due to the weighting on the gloves, you'd need a good cleric and maybe paladin with 1604 to bless them for any meaningful length of time (and with UAC, you're going to "swing" them a lot more and run out of charges a lot faster than standard weapons). For that reason, I stick to spells vs undead and pummel the living with my fists.

I also rely on spells to knock things over with 1s RT (202 ranks of EMC). I either open with 501 or 410 depending on the number of targets in the room. Sometimes 909 stomp for no RT. So, for this specific character, knock-down flares might not be incredibly valuable... however they might be the most valuable flare you could add?

The options I need to pick from are: Grapple, Disintegrate, Plasma or Dispel flares.

I also want to keep resale in mind since these gloves could eventually end up on the market, and I don't want the flares to detract from the resale value. Any tips as to which flares would benefit myself or any future user the most would be appreciated!

Grapple flares are just bad for offensive purposes. Dispel flares are pointless. If I can hit the thing I don't need to dispel it.

I'd say Disintegrate or Plasma, Disintegrate is safe everywhere but Plasma will explode you in the Bowels. That's your determining factor. For resale, Dinsintegrate may be best.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Grapple flares are just bad for offensive purposes. Dispel flares are pointless. If I can hit the thing I don't need to dispel it.

I'd say Disintegrate or Plasma, Disintegrate is safe everywhere but Plasma will explode you in the Bowels. That's your determining factor. For resale, Dinsintegrate may be best.
    Don't really agree that grapple is bad at all, and dispel flares a bit situational but wouldn't be nearly as bad on a UAC mstrike / warmage / bard type build compared to like a lance / thw paladin. Knocking off cloak of shadows or something with a jab would be kind of ok i guess. But they are situational in that not everything has spells on them you care about (and as a wizard, specifically, you can just rapid fire 530/417)

I'd also go with disint, just because it would work everywhere, and with your build you do get less benefit from the grapple knockdowns.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Don't really agree that grapple is bad at all
    The grapple crit table is really, really bad. Like, ice kills on a rank 6-9 head crit, but grapple kills only at rank 9, and there are no grapple death crits to the eyes and -entire- torso. The flavor and knockdowns/silences/sleeps are kinda okay, but are they better that just straight murdering something? Debatable.

Disintegrate all the way.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-26-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Taco flares boi

I have grapple on my empath's armor because if something can hit me I want to for sure knock it down

I used grapple flaring UAC gloves for a while and was extremely underwhelmed by them from an offensive standpoint

Each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The grapple crit table is really, really bad. Like, ice kills on a rank 6-9 head crit, but grapple kills only at rank 9, and there are no grapple death crits to the eyes and -entire- torso. The flavor and knockdowns/silences/sleeps are kinda okay, but are they better that just straight murdering something? Debatable.

Disintegrate all the way.
    There are no sleeps / silences with grapple flares. UCS grapple != "regular" grapple flares

Death crits are cool and all when they happen with weapons but you generally aren't causing rank 5+ crits with flares to get a death crit. If you are it's probably not even hitting a vital area. It's neat and all but, that's really like a "oh, cool" however the vast majority of the time you're doing rank 4 or under, and like everything is a knockdown with grapple. Damage values are basically identical across all flares, or at least not different enough that it matters for the most part. All things being equal i'll take a huge percent chance to knockdown on every flare over a small chance to get a death crit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...5AU/edit#gid=0

Specifically for a warmage though, it's not like wizards have a problem proning an entire room. But damn man, for most other classes that can't spend 1 second of soft RT or less (tremors) to knock everything in the room down it's pretty hard not to get a lot of mileage out of a flare with similar damage but like, 5x the chance to knockdown.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Well, the survey results are in. I've requested Taco flares with my rare flare cert.

The correct answer is actually to use your cert on something else. Why ruin a perfectly good set of KO gloves with flares? They'll be worth more for resale if they're still blessable, anyhow.

I'm going to need to see the messaging on the taco flares before I can make a fair vote.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible