Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crashing across multiple characters

Default Crashing across multiple characters

error: server_thread: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. @ io_fillbuf - fd:4

Searching across very old threads this appears to be an issue with lich and something do with my IP? I think my Lich is up to date as i just installed everything from via in game about a month ago

Any help would be appreciated

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I moved onto a new laptop on Friday and this has been happening to me randomly ever since. Fresh Lich/Ruby install, and everything else is working fine. Same error message as Doomsday had, and it boots all my logged in characters at once. Stormfront if relevant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I moved onto a new laptop on Friday and this has been happening to me randomly ever since. Fresh Lich/Ruby install, and everything else is working fine. Same error message as Doomsday had, and it boots all my logged in characters at once. Stormfront if relevant.
    Yes, I had this problem for the last 3 months I was playing. Did it on my old PC, did it on my new PC, talked to my ISP and everything looked normal to them. Talked to SIMU and they said it was my IP.

I have had zero problems with anything else, just Gemstone.

It's ok though, SIMU will never see my money again. As far as I'm concerned it's operated by thieves now anyhow.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 01-06-2020 at 01:30 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Ooh, I struck somebodies nerve.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post

I've had the same problem a few times also using SF and like Neveragain mentioned it's a been a Gemstone issue. It's a rare occurrence so maybe once or twice a month?

Some days I crash like this on a near constant basis, only on one account of three. Other times I can stay in game for literally weeks. never been able to find a cause, there is little to no logic as to why it happens.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I've had the same problem a few times also using SF and like Neveragain mentioned it's a been a Gemstone issue. It's a rare occurrence so maybe once or twice a month?
    It was getting so bad that I had to run a script that put look every 20 seconds or so. It didn't matter if it was Stormfront or Wizard. To me it acted as if it got progressively worse over time and like Ardwen mentioned it tended to be one account over another.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

I rebooted my modem and router on Monday night, and was logged in yesterday all day with zero issues. Today, all three accounts booted after about an hour. Shit is frustrating.

So this randomly started up and gotten worse the past week to the point it drops almost ever 2 hours now, ive died almost every time (4 times today) from it, ive been hunting, the error pops up, i come back dead, so its like iots not actually logging me out

This is crazy. I asked on discord and was repeatedly told its my IP which i absolutely do not believe

Anyone every get a fix for this?
    Whayle#4476

No solution I've found but I've also been experiencing this issue lately. Game gets real choppy, lags in and out, 5-10 second pauses, and then boom the lagged time comes immediately and half the time I get disconnected but only on my end. Characters still ghosting on the server. I ping my ISP, no issues. It is super frustrating.