Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brawl/Thrown Style

I'd get crit weighting if I was going to hurl. Give yourself some sort of edge over archery.

Blog Entries

Hmm I may have to try some kind of build like this with my baby warrior. Could be fun to toy with for sure with a shield out
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I'd get crit weighting if I was going to hurl. Give yourself some sort of edge over archery.
    enough decent enchant weighted stuff is not THAT hard to come by but 6x flaring superior stuff i could make in a day (also specifically for spears, not as readily available as handaxes which are probably the real best mechanical option, or a hammer).

i actually considered loading up on several things from Dark and Dangerous (SWCW shop) at DR for this exact purpose. But that's all limited availability now, hope it restocks. But this did give me an idea....

>'@rat You have dishonored my clan.
    Speaking to a giant rat, you say, "You have dishonored my clan."
    >get kat
    With deliberate poise, you draw the vultite katana from your scabbard, bringing it up, gripped in both hands, into a ready position.
    >hurl rat
    With deliberate force, you hurl a kelyn-hilted vultite katana!
    You throw a kelyn-hilted vultite katana at a giant rat!
    AS: +121 vs DS: -40 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +92 = +292
    ... and hit for 136 points of damage!
    Strong slash to the giant rat's right leg!
    Muscles exposed!
    Not a pretty sight.
    The giant rat collapses to the ground, emits a final squeal, and dies.
    Bad angle. The vultite katana fails to stick in a giant rat.
    [Use the RECOVER HURL command while in the appropriate room to regain your item.]
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    >bow rat
    You bow to a giant rat.
    >recover hurl
    You spy a kelyn-hilted vultite katana and recover it.
    >put kat in my vat
    With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into dream agate and ivory scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

What is the calculation for hurl RT? And for double throw hurl RT? This thread makes me want to build a wizard thrower, trying to figure out the race min/max for it with celerity, I am leaning dwarf if I can hit 1 second aimed head shots throwing hammers.
    Ghengkin's Outfitting Teras - (;go2 1974, go adobe shop) Enhansives!
    Nektarius's Magic Shoppe IMT - (;go2 2377, go boutique) Enhansives!
    Maltreis's Magic Shoppe WL - (;go2 355, go simple shop) You guessed it!

I have read it is based on strength (1 second reduction/10 str bonus as ranged), so no disadvantage being a dwarf if that is true.
    Last edited by Tenser; 08-30-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Messed around with a wizard hurling, only lvl 3 so far trying to use brawling weapons for the in-between-throw parry DS, so far very underwhelming but again im only level 3. Feels like you want to be able to 2x weapon for a real heavy hurling AS.
    Ghengkin's Outfitting Teras - (;go2 1974, go adobe shop) Enhansives!
    Nektarius's Magic Shoppe IMT - (;go2 2377, go boutique) Enhansives!
    Maltreis's Magic Shoppe WL - (;go2 355, go simple shop) You guessed it!

This is typical for any pure trying to use weapons. Until you get AS boosting spells you fall behind on AS. Then once you get them you catch back up (at least somewhat). The key for the wizard will be celerity 1 second throws and getting 425.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigo View Post
    Messed around with a wizard hurling, only lvl 3 so far trying to use brawling weapons for the in-between-throw parry DS, so far very underwhelming but again im only level 3. Feels like you want to be able to 2x weapon for a real heavy hurling AS.
    I tried the hurling thing on my warmage on the test server, capped, and it was terrible compared to his normal brawling style because he lost like 100DS (though AS was within the standard range, and with hurling the DS of targets is usually lower than normal weapons). Also, you'd have to carry around a lot more weapons doing the warmage style since it will be a lot of 1s RTs with low damage, and weapons that can't be recovered. A hurling warmage would probably need around 10-12 weapons to throw.

If you were going for the 1s RT hurling, a bard would be ideal. Shield Using, thrown weapons trained bard with 75 ranks in air lore, and hurling hammers with 1s RT. It would probably work very well.
    Last edited by Maerit; 09-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.