Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pancreatic Cancer

Default Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pancreatic Cancer

Just came across this headline: https://www.apnews.com/7e9e77a5701d40fc9e83c39d83e0bd4c

The story is sort of ambiguous. No explanation on why surgery was not performed, which is normal if it can be apparently in pancreatic cancer, and they say, “treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body", I was in the health care field for a time and I have never heard the word definitively used.

So I was curious about that definition so I dug into it, here is the definition of definitive treatment from the National Cancer Institute, 'The treatment plan for a disease or disorder that has been chosen as the best one for a patient after all other choices have been considered.'

I find the wording of the press release interesting because they say no where else in the body but do not say if they eliminated it from the pancreas.
    Last edited by kutter; 08-23-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    The story is sort of ambiguous. No explanation on why surgery was not performed, which is normal if it can be apparently in pancreatic cancer, and they say, “treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body", I was in the health care field for a time and I have never heard the word definitively used.
    Was it Dr. Bornstein?

Sorry to hear that she has Pancreatic Cancer, it's in the top 10 of lethal cancers and treatment for it is horrid. Also, lifespan after treatment is pretty short. Assuming Trump gets 2020 he will get at least her seat filled as well.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

I think the stat I saw said 7% at 5 years, and I am sure that is for younger patients than her.

My mom passed away from ovarian cancer and I remember the oncologist telling her we would fight it but to plan for the worst and she was younger than Ginsburg.

I would not wish anyone to die the way my mother did. I sincerely hope she beats it. I may not agree with her politics but no one deserves to die like that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well at least McConnell pointed out presidents should now feel free to nominate seats in the Supreme Court during a presidential election year. At least he's consistently hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Well at least McConnell pointed out presidents should now feel free to nominate seats in the Supreme Court during a presidential election year. At least he's consistently hypocritical.
    To the victor, go the spoils. It is no worse than Dingy Harry committing slander on the Senate floor and then in an interview later on when asked about it smugly said, "Romney didn't win, did he?"

Blog Entries

Hey, the Republicans had the votes to stop it. They have the votes to push anyone through right now too.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Elections have consequences.

Sorry your girl lost.

Not really.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Is this it?

Justice Ginsburg hospitalized in Baltimore with possible infection

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on Friday night with a possible infection, the Supreme Court said Saturday night, the latest health scare to confront the 86-year-old senior member of the court.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ebc_story.html
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Is this it?

Justice Ginsburg hospitalized in Baltimore with possible infection

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ebc_story.html
    I heard she should be released Sunday, but who knows.