Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Cap Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I ended up doing this, so now I have EMC at 2X, well I will when I unlearn it, I am looking at a fixskill but to be honest since he normally hunts with someone, rapidfire while cool as hell, if I just eek my way up it will be fine. I took MIU and AS back down, I had them up there for legacy enchanting when it factored into pours so much more, honestly I had forgotten all about that. So now I am at like 65 major circle, 75 minor circle, and 100 wizard. He seems to be doing pretty well in Nelemar until I walk in on a damn sentry and they void my ass back to town. But shit happens I guess.
    Assuming you’re not just walking in and getting pwned instantly, 912 is a pretty reliable sentry disabler.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Bumping an old thread here, but what is the lore recommendations after 22 fire?
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Bumping an old thread here, but what is the lore recommendations after 22 fire?

I'd recommend 60 earth next

And then the remaining in air?

And is 30 water for major acid as a cheap aoe worth it when you can spam it with rapid fire?

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I would say do EMC to 2x first, that should be every wizards first goal. Rapid fire is a game changer power wise.
    Second I would go for Harness Power to 2x.
    Third I would max Combat Maneuvers, really helps with defense.
    After all that, lores and spells.

Spells aren't a big deal for wizards, what you have for spells is more than enough for a long time. Unless you want to do a little better with enchanting then just finish out the wizard's spells. Lores are nice, but they won't really help you as much as the other stuff I listed.
    What spells do you run at cap with maxed out emc?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    What spells do you run at cap with maxed out emc?
    100 major / 75 minor / 128 wizard

If you mean what spells do I use then it's mostly 906 for RP. Most mana efficient spell though is steam by far.

I usually open with 917 then bolt to death. If it has a nasty maneuver and can't be stunned then I may open with 512. Rift crawlers come to mind for this, it stops their burrowing.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

i'm getting close to finishing up spells. can i get an idea of how i should be training my lores? after 60 earth and 22 fire, is it going to be optional?

Fwiw...,(tp costs assume converting phys to ment and I'm rounding a little to keep even numbers)

1mil xp = 1200 tp

1x lores = 1200 tp
    1x to 2x lores = 2400tp
    1x to 2x HP = 1600tp
    2x to 3x HP = 3200tp
    2x to 3x EMC = 2400tp
    20 spells = 1280tp
    1x FA = 400 tp
    1x survival = 700tp
    1x CM = 2800tp
    1x to 2x Perc = 1200tp
    *10 MoC = 350tp

Look at what's killing you or giving you trouble.
    Look at your goals and xp gain to see how long they will take.
    Pick low hanging fruit.

E.g. if I hunted a spell burst area I'd prioritize the magic skills to help with that.

Lores are mostly subjective, at least when you talk about going from 1x to 2x. Air for channeling with 515 and reduced rt from 535 and searching/foraging with 506. Earth for 950/550/909. Fire for 513, 519, 906, and ALL elemental bolt df's.
    Discord = Teror#3966

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanostar View Post
    i'm getting close to finishing up spells. can i get an idea of how i should be training my lores? after 60 earth and 22 fire, is it going to be optional?
    Pretty much optional. There isn't really any "I gotta have this" stuff with Elemental Lore other than Minor Steam, and even that's debatable.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

I'm at around 13.5m total exp (1.05 in ascension) and currently plinking away in Nelemar. I'm hoping, however, to transition over to the sanctum. My spell rotation is rapid fire 917, then 502 them to death. Everything dies relatively quick thanks to my sigil staff. I am worried about my survivability in the sanctum though and was hoping to get some post cap critiques on how I could improve my training to limit the deaths.

Only things that get me is due to TD (I forget blues A LOT) and and the occasional SMRv2's. But its Nelemar so it's pretty rare. I expect that will change in the sanctum.

Code:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|      70      15
      Combat Maneuvers...................|     120      30
      Physical Fitness...................|     206     106
      Arcane Symbols.....................|     201     101
      Magic Item Use.....................|     302     202
      Spell Aiming.......................|     307     207
      Harness Power......................|     201     101
      Elemental Mana Control.............|     339     239
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|      90      20
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|     160      60
      Elemental Lore - Fire..............|      96      22
      Perception.........................|     201     101
      Climbing...........................|     150      50
      Swimming...........................|     150      50

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|             100

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|              75

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|             128
    I picked up CM just for disarm because.. I hate being disarmed.

When it comes to hunting there as a wizard any recommendations? Will my plink to death strategy still work? How do you guys manage with weight issues getting back and forth due to the climb check? Appreciate the assist!
    Elementary my dear Watson!