Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession? Not in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, that was Keller saying how he was happy that mostly red states are hit by hurricanes.
    I'm pretty sure Hurricane Harvey was Trump's fault, as well as that other hurricane that pwned Puerto Rico or DR or whatever the deal was.

Mainstream Media Scream: Hurricane Harvey was Trump's fault

Excerpt:
    On MSNBC Monday, Times reporter Yamiche Alcindor discussed her story where she wrote, for example, that the "unleashing of the fossil energy sector that Mr. Trump has championed could have repercussions more immediate than the global climate. In Houston, predominantly African-American neighborhoods like Sunnyside and Pleasantville have been dealing with pollution from the energy sector for years."
    Last edited by Methais; 02-27-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Trump established at the coronavirus press conference on Wednesday evening that the selloff in stocks on Tuesday and Wednesday was mainly due to the Democrat debate on Tuesday night.

Donald Trump: (42:38)
    I think the financial markets are very upset when they look at the Democrat candidates standing on that stage making fools out of themselves and they say, “If we ever have a president like this,” and there’s always a possibility, it’s an election, who knows what happens, right? I think we’re going to win. I think we are going to win by a lot. But when they look at the statements made by the people standing behind those podiums, I think that has a huge effect, yeah.

Speaker 19: (43:03)
    You don’t think the selloff had to do with the Coronavirus?

Donald Trump: (43:03)
    I think it did. I think it did, but I think you can add quite a bit of selloff to what they’re seeing because they’re seeing the potential. Again, I think we’re going to win. I feel very confident of it. We’ve done everything and much more than I said we were going to do. You look at what we’ve done, what we’ve done is incredible with the tax cuts and regulation cuts and rebuilding our military, taking care of our vets and getting them choice and accountability.

More...

He's not totally wrong. Bernie would be a disaster for the market if the Dems also take the Senate. But prob more to do with the virus since the Bernie risk has been known for a while.
    Still the thug that you love to hate

There hasn't been a 10% drop in the stock market because Bernie is leading in delegates. The markets are legitimately frightened by confirmed non-sourced virus infections in the United States leading to a massive drop ik productivity and consumer confidence.

The good news is the speculation once proven incorrect should likely be reversed.

In an article published in the NYT, Austan Goolsbee says that a widepread outbreak of the coronavirus in the USA could cause greater economic impact than a widespread outbreak in China..

Advanced economies like the United States are hardly immune to these effects. To the contrary, a broad outbreak of the disease in them could be even worse for their economies than in China. That is because face-to-face service industries - the kind of businesses that go into a tailspin when fearful people withdraw from one another - tend to dominate economies in high-income countries more than they do in China. If people stay home from school, stop traveling and don't go to sporting events, the gym or the dentist, the economic consequence would be worse.

More...
    If you're looking for an excuse not to go to the gym, you can thank Mr. Goolsbee.

Yeah but it's a lot easier to work from home at Google than it is in a coal plant or sweat shop
    Still the thug that you love to hate

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorUnne View Post
    Yeah but it's a lot easier to work from home at Google than it is in a coal plant or sweat shop
    There’s always gold farming.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Right now, both the Dow and the S&P 500 are perilously close -- less than 20 points -- of being lower than the day Trump took office. Probably, the media won't make a big deal about it if they fall below that opening point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Right now, both the Dow and the S&P 500 are perilously close -- less than 20 points -- of being lower than the day Trump took office. Probably, the media won't make a big deal about it if they fall below that opening point.
    shut up retard
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post

It's amazing how many people my posts reach. Within 90 minutes after I posted the above, several articles were published making the same point.