Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Perm Resistance

Default Recommendations for Perm Resistance

I got 2 perm resistance certs from HESS. Which 2 resistances do folks recommend I add to my full plate armor? I am a capped warrior that typically hunts nelemar although looking to expand into other post cap hunting grounds as well.

I did a bunch of go ogling but haven't had a lot of luck clearly defining good options. Some people recommend puncture resistance for nelemar, but would that still make sense on full plate? Others have suggested acid resistance for SOS but I have yet to hunt there. Thoughts on these or other good options for long term? I don't typically to regular attacks really often but occasionally to certain maneuvers or weird spells that I can't identify.

Thanks in advance

lightning and puncture
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

No warrior should do puncture, since they can do it themselves with the armor cman. Resistances are pretty hunting ground specific. I hunt the scatter with fire and cold for lich hunting, as well as impact, which is a good all around resistance.

One thing about resistance is that like a lot of things, it doesn't make a lot of difference in small amounts, but helps hugely in large amounts. That sounds obvious I suppose, but what I'm saying is that you won't see a big change till you have a decent amount.

My recommendation is to pick one resistance and put all your points there.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I agree with concentrating on one resistance.

I did a lot of hunting in stone sentinals, which have a lightning attack that can instant kill. One character had no lightning resistance and the other had sonic armor which provides significant resistance. The character with no resistance died quite regularly from a death crit by the lightning explosion in that area, and the character with significant lightning resistants NEVER died from it. So strong resistance basically was able to stop instant kills - which can never be said of crit padding (it can only reduce instant kills).

The character with no resistance then upgraded to 10% resistance, and it sure didnt seem to make a difference in the instant death rate.

So what the other poster said - it doesn't make a lot of difference in small amounts, but helps hugely in large amounts.

PS - also, with 20% impact resistance, I have never been instant killed by minotaur charges. Again, a lot makes a big difference.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I have learned that a lot of attacks that kill me that my brain assumed were slash or crush were in fact IMPACT! I hunt the scatter so I don't know what goes down in nelemar, but iv been dreaming of impact resistance, and as mentioned god damn minotaur charge killed me like WTF? oh I bet its impact.. (google) God damn it impact.. SHould have gotten them last round but again, I didn't know how badly impact was pissing me off.

Even a little bit of resist takes the edge off, and its the edge that kills.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

impact
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?

I have to disagree, 5-10% resistance basically stops 99% of cheap deaths against that table. I haven't been crit killed by acid spray once since adding 5%.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

i think that is only because the crit cap is low for those attacks, even with 40 percent lightning resist you won't be able to stop cheap deaths from 125

What kind of n00b lets stuff live long enough to 125 them?
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

that is not the point, the chance of certain attacks to cause a cheap death is low to begin with