Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorcerer Stats

Default Sorcerer Stats

Why is this seen as "perfect stats" for a sorcerer?

Strength (STR): 100 (30) ... 100 (30)
    Constitution (CON): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Dexterity (DEX): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Agility (AGI): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Discipline (DIS): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Aura (AUR): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Logic (LOG): 100 (30) ... 100 (30)
    Intuition (INT): 100 (30) ... 100 (30)
    Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Influence (INF): 79 (14) ... 79 (14)

I guess I don't really mean to ask why.. it's because it's the highest sum of base stats that a sorcerer can achieve, right? What I really mean to ask is why that's the metric for perfect? The way I see the above stats is that the character misses out on a ton of MTPs afforded by 100 in INF. What's the error in my logic here? If I had a combination of stat optimization and MTP optimization in mind, I would go with something like this:

Strength (STR): 85 (?)
    Constitution (CON): 85 (?)
    Dexterity (DEX): 100 (25)
    Agility (AGI): 100 (25)
    Discipline (DIS): 100 (25)
    Aura (AUR): 100 (25)
    Logic (LOG): 100 (30)
    Intuition (INT): 100 (30)
    Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25)
    Influence (INF): 100 (25)

And I could get even crazier and optimize for only MTPs, but I think people would balk at the resultant stats.
    Last edited by aramund; 08-20-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    -----
    Discord: Aramund on GSIV server

Training points can be gained with time. Stats are tougher to change. Optimizing for MTPs may help as you level, but at/post cap it doesn't really matter as everything is going to be converted PTPs anyway. I think Avaia has somewhere around 4900 converted points.

You're right, I would balk at your optimized stats because the characters encumbrance threshold would be lower, and maneuver attacks and the like play such a large part in "end-game" hunting.

Is there a max level where training points are no longer gained, or do they accumulate forever?
    -----

They accumulate forever. Every 2500 exp I get three PTPs.

That being said, there is certainly an argument to be made for striking a balance between stats optimized to be "perfect" at level 100, and optimizing Training Point gain. Capping takes a long time, and is not the be-all end-all of the game by far.

"Perfect" stats are not required as long as your physical stats are not completely tanked. Chances are if someone plays long enough to Cap a character from scratch they will have earned enough Login Reward Simucoins to get a free Fixstat anyway should they decide they want one.

doubtful that you'd get enough free simucoins for having a subscription to buy a fixstat by cap on a regular sub.

Never tank STR and CON on a pure.

Would 85 on STR and CON at cap be too tanked, in your opinion?
    -----

Yes, you dont want low con or str, I used a fixstat at cap and noticed a huge change in my carrying capacity as well as my ability to survive hits, falls, and other damage. Do not sacrifice con.

9. Default

I used a fixstat for "perfect stats" about 2 months ago. Prior i had my strength and constitution in the high 60's. They're 99 now (level 96) and it's a night and day difference. I can carry sooo much more. I don't think I've died to a maneuver since. (I know i just jinxed myself). I wouldn't have leveled with perfect stats, but I'll pay $125 at level 90 for it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

since over all training points seems to be a main goal... most peoples advice as far as going to "perfect" stats if you aren't already there is to wait until about 500k exp post cap to make the switch. because in most cases you will lose training points when making the switch. Waiting would make sure that you don't lose any skills in the process.