Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Highest Level F2P Character?

  1. Default Highest Level F2P Character?

    Does anyone know?

    Does experience absorption as a F2P become impossible at a certain point?

  2. #2

    Default

    There's at least one or two F2P in the 50s. My highest is level 30, and she absorbs 21 XP per pulse on node. I believe most of the higher level F2Ps use experience passes from time to time to help speed it up which gives you normal absorption.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,803
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I'm not sure it's ever impossible, just a question of if it's worth your time. There have been level 40ish characters on the market, so I'm sure some people have made it higher.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,004
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    The EXP penalty caps at some point. It just becomes a massive grind. Then again, there are people who have been playing for 2 decades and never capped a character, so is it really a big deal?
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-18-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. Default

    Thanks for the replies. Curious to see if anyone has made it to level 100 on a F2P character yet.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 08-18-2019 at 09:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,004
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Curious to see if anyone has made it to level 100 on a F2P character yet.
    No. We'd have heard about it. Wyrom would be all like "SEE! IT CAN HAPPEN!"
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,803
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No. We'd have heard about it. Wyrom would be all like "SEE! IT CAN HAPPEN!"
    With all the restrictions they put on f2p I don't think he wants people capping. It's a system designed to wear you down so you finally sub, but GS players are a different breed of stubborn.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,004
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    With all the restrictions they put on f2p I don't think he wants people capping. It's a system designed to wear you down so you finally sub, but GS players are a different breed of stubborn.
    I'm sure he wants at least 1 person to cap. To be his posterboy and say you don't need to pay to play.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. Default

    I have a friend who is level 63ish f2p.

    I think he looks at the difficulties as a challenge to overcome and it forces him to learn the gemstone mechanics better.
    --
    אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,004
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xred View Post
    I have a friend who is level 63ish f2p.

    I think he looks at the difficulties as a challenge to overcome and it forces him to learn the gemstone mechanics better.
    Learn what mechanics better? How to sit around while XP is absorbed?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •