Thread: Mechanical Quiver

1. Default Mechanical Quiver

A.K.A - The Whirlin Quiver

A Mechanical Quiver that is unlocked to auction quality. You can also cast spells at the quiver when you are creating ammo to harness the energy. This quiver will create magical ammo for ranged weapons when it is supplied with shafts cut and prepared from wood or bone. Placing fletching paint within will allow for custom coloring. Casting certain spells at the quiver will cause it to harness the magical energy. This is an auction quality version. So basically, you put a bunch of materials in it and it lets you combine them. Then you can cast a spell at the quiver, and the arrows will have that flare. If you cast Implode on it, it will get vacuum flares. So if you bless the quiver, the arrows will be blessed. Disintegration and Disruption are not on the list. I'm not sure on the total it can hold, should be around 100. You can 505 it, yes. No Balefire. Belt worn

SOLD

No public bids were made.

Thanks to all who were interested.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    Last edited by HermieTheDentist; 08-21-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    The acid splashes over you!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    Acid bath empties chest. It's a lot cleaner now.
    DEAD!

2. Default

A couple things:
    1) You place Shafts and potentially paint into the quiver. There is currently a bug where if you add shafts so that the total amount is over 100, it will duplicate that number of shafts, so you commonly end up with stacks of 180 shafts. That's been reported for a while. Close and turn the quiver. Up to 100s of RT for creation of the arrows, which can be mitigated by Haste. Out pops arrows. This contributes to going higher on your bow enchant, and is why I use kakore wood rather than something like faewood... my bow is 8x.

You begin to turn the crank on the side of the mechanized quiver. You hear the churning of gears followed by a series of grinding and cutting noises. A shrill, high-pitched whistling sound emanates from within as steam rises from a series of vented slits on the top of the quiver. Finally, the sounds begin to fade as the crank rolls through the last bit of resistance.
    Roundtime: 97 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 45 seconds.

You swiftly open the hatch on the front of your mechanized quiver, the door sliding smoothly on its hinges.
    >
    You carefully count the arrows and find 175 in the bundle, each one being a spiraled dark crimson arrow, with a strength of 30 and a durability of 65.

The arrows do NOT need to reside in the quiver to get the properties of whatever you use on the quiver. I typically moved mine to a warrior quiver to give the weightless benefit.
    2) Arrows created by the quiver are guaranteed flaring*. This also introduces potential for 2x Flares as well. If an arrow flares, the arrow explodes and is non-recoverable. The exception to that is if you permabless arrows with 304 at the quiver. Yes, casting the spell from a scroll works just fine to give you permablessed arrows.
    * They're only guaranteed flaring if the initial impact does not kill the critter. Instant-death crits will result in no flare, so you can recover the arrows.
    3) Casting a spell will change any previously created arrow from the quiver to the flare of choice. If you quiver-fletched 6000000 arrows while it was in fire mode, and then cast ice at the quiver, all of your 6000000 arrows are now ice flaring. This allows you to dynamically change the flare while hunting based on the target.
    4) Arrows created by the quiver are not transferable. Even if you use enchanted woods, anyone not in possession of the quiver will only get them as 0x, nonflaring arrows. I'm not 100% certain what happens if you transfer both arrows and quiver together to a new person, since the benefits are diminished by the first caveat.

You nock a spiraled dark crimson kakore-shafted arrow in your dark sephwir longbow.
    A subtle fiery red light glints off the tip of a spiraled dark crimson kakore-shafted arrow, leaving a faint trail as it travels through the air.
    You fire a spiraled dark crimson arrow at an Ithzir adept!
    AS: +503 vs DS: +425 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +25 = +135
    ... and hit for 26 points of damage!
    Loud crack as the Ithzir adept's sternum breaks!
    You feel the unnatural surge of necrotic power wane away.
    Your dark sephwir longbow fades some.

As your dark crimson arrow hits an Ithzir adept, it emits a burst of flame!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.

The tip of the dark crimson arrow suddenly shatters and bursts into a ball of flame!
    An Ithzir adept's exterior hardens for a moment and softens the attack!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Nasty burns to chest make you wish you never heard of heartburn.

The Ithzir adept falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
    -spells dropping edited out-
    Roundtime changed to 1 second.

Lastly, I've heard that these arrows do not function with the new pixie bows, since I heard the bows suppress flares on arrows. It does, however, work with Ensorcelling and Rotflaring properties on the bow, enabling up to 4 flare rounds per shot.

>You nock a spiraled dark crimson kakore-shafted arrow in your dark sephwir longbow.
    A subtle pale yellow light glints off the tip of a spiraled dark crimson kakore-shafted arrow, leaving a faint trail as it travels through the air.
    You fire a spiraled dark crimson arrow at a horned kobold servant!
    AS: +503 vs DS: +96 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +2 = +429
    ... and hit for 83 points of damage!
    Damaging strike to chest, several ribs shattered!

Necrotic energy from your dark sephwir longbow overflows into you!

You feel energized!
    Your dark sephwir longbow fades some.

As your dark crimson arrow hits a horned kobold servant, it gives off an electric shock!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Visible wisps of electricity shoot up left arm. Youch!

The tip of the dark crimson arrow suddenly shatters and bursts into a pulse of crackling electricity!
    ... 60 points of damage!
    Electric shock causes a strong enough convulsion to snap the kobold servant's neck.
    The kobold servant crumples to the floor motionless.

This is best for folks that either have the ability to quickly swap elements and want to capitalize on it for the confluence, or for folks that have invested heavily into a particular bow and are looking for their arrows to be similarly strengthened.

3. Default

That's the best bump I've ever been given in a sales thread.

Thank you,
    Matt
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    The acid splashes over you!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    Acid bath empties chest. It's a lot cleaner now.
    DEAD!