Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Combat Maneuver - Acrobat's Leap!

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    You do realize it's 3 points for just the first rank, which is not enough extra height to even hit a giant in the abdomen.

I play my monk a lot more than my rogue, but in my experience stamina is precious for both. My rogue burns through a ton of stamina using vanish. CM points are always going to be tight for pures -- I've looked into a way to pick up a couple ranks of this on my monk, but there's nothing I can really afford to give up for more than one rank.

Yeah, smaller races can avoid encumbrance by not picking up anything, but that's kind of a big deal. All of my square halflings have to leave a trail of boxes wherever they go. You don't HAVE to pick up loot, but a lot of folks would certainly prefer to be able to pick up stuff other than gems.

And don't forget about size-based penalties for many maneuvers like charge, tackle, shield bash.
    I'd have to do some testing to really say for sure, about how many ranks are needed. My comment about only needing a rank or two, is because I don't think that in MOST cases, you would need all 3 ranks. How many critters are you actually hunting that you need a 3 foot higher reach?

Even so, 18 points is a small price to pay.

And I don't think a couple stamina per attack is really going to starve anyone out of stamina. It's certainly magnitude less stamina than having to prone something with cmans.

As for encumbrance, me being a human doesn't magically make me immune to it, either. I leave boxes all the time because of it. But for +40 eTD I would literally pay billions of silvers for - an amount that I would NEVER obtain from loot gains, and certainly a lot more expensive than a weight reducing bag.

And yes, I have not forgotten the penalties for those cmans as a small race. Just like I have not forgotten about penalties large races have, such as hitting smaller critters (Like one that I hunt on a daily basis - Cerebralites.).

18 CM points is not a small price, that's an insane statement.

Look you have a hard on for TD, we get it.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    18 CM points is not a small price, that's an insane statement.

Look you have a hard on for TD, we get it.
    Actually, it's their maneuver bonus I personally care about the most.

And as I said earlier, I call into question how much they even need 3 ranks, in most cases.

4. Default

It just feels like humans in general are underwhelming as a race.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    It just feels like humans in general are underwhelming as a race.
    In PVP I liked that they had a stun breaker.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Point is, smaller races got advantages and their disavantages can be mitigated by simu's encomberance pots and now this for one shot kill

What was developed for larger races to compensentate their disavantages vs this new buffed for smaller races?
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Point is, smaller races got advantages and their disavantages can be mitigated by simu's encomberance pots and now this for one shot kill

What was developed for larger races to compensentate their disavantages vs this new buffed for smaller races?
    Halflings still have tiny wangs.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Halflings still have tiny wangs.
    New HESS item: A silver flask with a crimson bull logo on the front

60 minutes of rank 3 acrobat's leap, followed by 30 minutes of acrobat's leap rank -3
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!