Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Combat Maneuver - Acrobat's Leap!

Halflings are the best.

2. Default

I think a requirement for a high threshold of dodge training per level would have been a more interesting requirement than a class restriction, and could have better supported the "high benefit at a high cost" idea.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

This is really just a scheme to sell more encumbrance potions:

1. Put encumbrance potions on sale.
    2. Create incentive to roll up a new halflings and gnomes.
    3. Sell potions to encumbered halflings and gnomes.
    4. Rake in the profts from potion addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I'm a bit more surprised they left out warriors vs rangers or other semis. I know I won't bother as a monk. I'd rather just jab a leg and tier up at the same time.
    eh....as long as the expected paradigm for warriors is plate armor, and generally speaking full plate, it makes sense. When I think "full plate" i don't think "acrobatic leaping"

rangers should really have been included

bards...man fuck bards, they're fine.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    eh....as long as the expected paradigm for warriors is plate armor, and generally speaking full plate, it makes sense. When I think "full plate" i don't think "acrobatic leaping"
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Just looking at how they designed the feet of full plate armor is astounding. It was designed so that you have full movement capabilities in it.

And actually, tons of rogues wear full plate, hehe.

But even so, traditionally rogues have been considered the acrobatic class (For example, we have rogue gambits, and the thief-acrobat title.). As for monks, they get thrown in there too, because clearly they are perceived as an acrobatic class as well.

I don't see rangers as acrobatic, and warriors...well, that one I could see going either way.

But whatever the case, I wish this ability was given to ZERO classes, let alone just rogues/monks. I'm just explaining their reasons for those classes getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Just looking at how they designed the feet of full plate armor is astounding. It was designed so that you have full movement capabilities in it.

And actually, tons of rogues wear full plate, hehe.

But even so, traditionally rogues have been considered the acrobatic class (For example, we have rogue gambits, and the thief-acrobat title.). As for monks, they get thrown in there too, because clearly they are perceived as an acrobatic class as well.

I don't see rangers as acrobatic, and warriors...well, that one I could see going either way.

But whatever the case, I wish this ability was given to ZERO classes, let alone just rogues/monks. I'm just explaining their reasons for those classes getting it.
    rangers have to swing through trees and shit, they definitely qualify. bards you could do the dancing / performer angle to justify it but again....fuck bards.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    rangers have to swing through trees and shit
    What? The class is Ranger, not Tarzan.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    What? The class is Ranger, not Tarzan.
    Rangers in 2019:

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Though I'm sure I'm in the minority here, I actually think this is a bad change.

This change lets small races overcome one of their largest mechanical disadvantages as a rogue, when they were already in my opinion the best race for rogues. Halflings get great +Agi/Dex, an awesome maneuver avoidance bonus, a hiding bonus, and +40 bloody elemental TD (little assholes, I hate you for this.). The encubrance and health are negatives, but not from a min/max perspective.

The little bastards don't need any more benefits than they already have. I think this change just greatly marginalized a lot of the larger races, since their main benefit over the small races was their height.

And don't go trying to tell me that 3 cman points and a couple stamina per swing is a huge cost. I really don't think you need more than 1 rank in most cases (Maybe 2?), to hit the head of most things.
    You do realize it's 3 points for just the first rank, which is not enough extra height to even hit a giant in the abdomen.

I play my monk a lot more than my rogue, but in my experience stamina is precious for both. My rogue burns through a ton of stamina using vanish. CM points are always going to be tight for pures -- I've looked into a way to pick up a couple ranks of this on my monk, but there's nothing I can really afford to give up for more than one rank.

Yeah, smaller races can avoid encumbrance by not picking up anything, but that's kind of a big deal. All of my square halflings have to leave a trail of boxes wherever they go. You don't HAVE to pick up loot, but a lot of folks would certainly prefer to be able to pick up stuff other than gems.

And don't forget about size-based penalties for many maneuvers like charge, tackle, shield bash.