Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Must See Rooms in Gemstone

Thanks guys, this is great! lets keep it going.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

[Methais's Home, Game Room - 22077]
    A large table fills nearly half the room. Sitting on the table is a detailed model of Teras Isle. The town of Kharam-Dzu, the Fhorian Village, a volcano and lava flows--complete with club-wielding pyrothags--fills the tabletop. At the far end of the table you can see a small ferry leading from the town to the Kiramon mines, and even a few miniature Kiramon poised near the mine entrance. Winding its way across the landscape is what appears to be some sort of racetrack. You also see a mithril pull chain, a polished haon door and a small sideboard with a heap of popcorn housed in a large glass case on it.
    Obvious exits: none
    >

>l racetrack

The model of Teras Isle and the racetrack look dull and lifeless.

>pull chain

You give the mithril chain a sharp tug, and a sparkling ripple of mana erupts at the center of the model and spreads outward. As it passes, the colors of the miniature buildings and plants appear more vibrant, and the tiny figures of the island's inhabitants begin to move...

>

You release the pull chain, and a shrill whistle signals the beginning of the race! The six racers scurry out, nearly trampling each other as they make a mad dash for the small mine carts at the mouth of the Kiramon Mine, the first part of this grueling race around the track! Place your bets!

The racers clamber into their carts and take off! Approaching a narrow run in the track, the polka-dotted kobold slows his cart to squeeze through. But upon being bumped in the rear from a fellow racer, he is thrown against the far wall, smacking his head on the stone and knocking him unconscious! He's out of the race!

>

Completing the first section of the race, the racers hop out of their carts and board the ferry! After a few moments, they arrive at the dock, and the race continues into the town of Kharam-Dzu!

The speckled troll sneaks off from the rest of the group, deciding to try and take a shortcut. Dashing down the dark alley, he loses track of where he is. Moments later he exits the shadows to find himself running up the gangplank of the Glaesen Star! After realizing his mistake, he turns around and runs back the way he came, but it's too late! The gangplank is pulled away and the ship departs from the dock before he can get off. So much for THAT idea!

>

Running along the track at a brisk pace, the well-rounded halfling comes to a sudden stop as she sees what appears to be a tart vendor! "Tartsh! Git yer fresh tartsh!" Unable to resist, the halfling stops to buy one, when suddenly, the vendor throws all his stuff at her and sends her crashing to the ground. The vendor takes off, yelling, "I'se smarted you out!" It was that cheating hobgoblin all along!

Emerging from the town, the remaining racers head down the track and are soon running through the environs of the Fhorian Village!

The striped orc takes a sudden lead over the others, only to stumble upon a firethorn shoot, which quickly drags him to the ground...directly into several long thorny vines, making quick work of him! There goes *his* lead!

>

The blue rolton falls behind in the race as he stops to munch on an irresistable patch of grass growing alongside the track.

>

Leaving the village behind, the surviving racers quickly cross the intervening terrain and enter the Lava Flows!

Straying a little too close to one of the pyrothags, the muddy hobgoblin finds out exactly why the locals call their clubs massive, as he is smashed by the club and sent up high into the air! He comes crashing back down to the ground with a loud *THUD*! You could swear you see stars circling his head as he lies there, obviously knocked silly and unable to continue the race.

>l race

You watch the remaining two survivors, red-lit as they run alongside streams of molten lava!

>

Following the course of the track, the two surviving racers climb above the Lava Flows and ascend the outer cone of the volcano!

The remaining two racer's make a dead sprint up the volcano and the finish of the race! Focusing a little too intently on his goal, the blue rolton runs right into a fire mage! His final sight consists of a scorching ball of fire headed directly for him, as he quickly becomes a pile of ashes!

>

The well-rounded halfling, being the only one left, lets out several squeaks of joy! She then pulls out a small blanket and works on a picnic setting. Sitting down to enjoy a post-victory snack, she mutters, "All that running sure builds an appetite!"

>pull chain

You give the mithril chain a sharp tug, and a sparkling ripple of mana erupts at the center of the model and spreads outward. As it passes, the colors of the miniature buildings and plants appear more vibrant, and the tiny figures of the island's inhabitants begin to move...

>

You release the pull chain, and a shrill whistle signals the beginning of the race! The six racers scurry out, nearly trampling each other as they make a mad dash for the small mine carts at the mouth of the Kiramon Mine, the first part of this grueling race around the track! Place your bets!

>

The racers clamber into their carts and take off! Approaching a narrow run in the track, the speckled troll slows his cart to squeeze through. But upon being bumped in the rear from a fellow racer, he is thrown against the far wall, smacking his head on the stone and knocking him unconscious! He's out of the race!

Completing the first section of the race, the racers hop out of their carts and board the ferry! After a few moments, they arrive at the dock, and the race continues into the town of Kharam-Dzu!

The blue rolton sneaks off from the rest of the group, deciding to try and take a shortcut. Dashing down the dark alley, he loses track of where he is. Moments later he exits the shadows to find himself running up the gangplank of the Glaesen Star! After realizing his mistake, he turns around and runs back the way he came, but it's too late! The gangplank is pulled away and the ship departs from the dock before he can get off. So much for THAT idea!

>

"Whoa! Be's you a deety?" the striped orc asks Methais as he catches sight of your features looming above the terrain. "I'z promisk I'z make a shrine fer ya if ya helpz me win dis race. Honest. Whatcher name anywayz?" Then, blinking and shaking his head as if disbelieving his own senses, he returns his attention to his immediate surroundings.

>

Emerging from the town, the remaining racers head down the track and are soon running through the environs of the Fhorian Village!

Gaining ground during this part of the race, the muddy hobgoblin gets a little too careless rushing through the village and is grabbed by a mud wasp! The wasp carries him off of the track and into a small nest nearby, and you hear the loud buzzing sounds of the nest residents enjoying a hearty meal!

Leaving the village behind, the surviving racers quickly cross the intervening terrain and enter the Lava Flows!

Straying a little too close to one of the pyrothags, the striped orc finds out exactly why the locals call their clubs massive, as he is smashed by the club and sent up high into the air! He comes crashing back down to the ground with a loud *THUD*! You could swear you see stars circling his head as he lies there, obviously knocked silly and unable to continue the race.

Following the course of the track, the two surviving racers climb above the Lava Flows and ascend the outer cone of the volcano!

Both of the remaining racers' eyes gleam from knowing their chances of winning are now alot higher, and they make a mad dash up the volcano! Suddenly, the well-rounded halfling is no longer worried about winning, but rather how to escape from the red tsark who has just grabbed her and drug her off into a nearby cavern, as her opponent sprints for the finish!

The polka-dotted kobold, realizing he can't lose without any opponents left, starts jumping up and down in delight yelling, "I'se did it maw! I'se wun da rase!" He begins to do a victory dance, but stumbles over his own feet and falls directly into the mouth of the volcano! Poor fella, he had so much going for him.

>pull chain

As you release the chain, the contestants make a mad dash out of the gates, running like mad for the mine carts at the mouth of the Kiramon Mine! And the race is on!

>

In a mad dash toward the mine carts, the blue rolton is trampled under the weight of his fellow racers! You can't help but feel sorry for the poor thing, as you know his racing days are pretty much over.

The rest of the racers climb into their carts and release the brake levers! They're off!

As the race continues, you hear somebody yell "Chase! Invasion! MINE!!!!!", then a nameless figure proceeds to split the speckled troll's head open with a sword, dancing around the room and screaming like an idiot! One of the other racers glances at the person and mutters, "Stoopid noobey!" before continuing with the race.

As the well-rounded halfling crests a rise, she catches sight of the edge of the tabletop and hauls up short! "I knew it! The world is flat and the edge is closer than most people think!" she states with a concerned frown. Then, seeming to forget all about the matter, she resumes the race.

The muddy hobgoblin takes a sudden lead over the others, only to stumble upon a firethorn shoot, which quickly drags him to the ground...directly into several long thorny vines, making quick work of him! There goes *his* lead!

Straying a little too close to one of the pyrothags, the well-rounded halfling finds out exactly why the locals call their clubs massive, as she is smashed by the club and sent up high into the air! She comes crashing back down to the ground with a loud *THUD*! You could swear you see stars circling her head as she lies there, obviously knocked silly and unable to continue the race.

>

The remaining two racer's make a dead sprint up the volcano and the finish of the race! Focusing a little too intently on his goal, the striped orc runs right into a fire mage! His final sight consists of a scorching ball of fire headed directly for him, as he quickly becomes a pile of ashes!

>
    You feel a soft pulse in the essence around you.
    >

The polka-dotted kobold, realizing he can't lose without any opponents left, starts jumping up and down in delight yelling, "I'se did it maw! I'se wun da rase!" He begins to do a victory dance, but stumbles over his own feet and falls directly into the mouth of the volcano! Poor fella, he had so much going for him.

And 4872304239 other possible results and messages.

Useless bug if you LOOK at the track after pulling the chain but before the race begins:

>pull chain

>l racetrack

You're seeing something you shouldn't. Please contact a GM. <Mode is unknown>

As you release the chain, the contestants make a mad dash out of the gates, running like mad for the mine carts at the mouth of the Kiramon Mine! And the race is on!

House is always open, has a bunch of other shit to fuck around with. Room 1466 in Solhaven > go door

Being the only racer remaining, the muddy hobgoblin lets out a snicker and taps himself on the chest, "Me wun cause me da smartest!" He then turns and walks off.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I always found this area to be interesting and creepy:

[Ice Cave]
    This small cave is filled with shadows, the only illumination provided by a dim ray of light that peeks through an opening in the southern wall. In the cave's center is a fire pit, its rim ringed with a number of scorched rocks. Overhead, a multitude of designs cover the walls and ceiling, incised upon the rock with rich earth tones. Noticeable by its lack of ornamentation is a small silhouette on the east wall, the crevice about the size of a halfling. Dense shadows cloak the back of the cave. You also see a pile of firewood.
    Obvious exits: out

[Ice Cave]
    The tunnel is narrow and rough, its sides pocked and notched. Sharp protrusions and angry-looking gouges mark every twist of its tortuous progress. The wounds in the rock look recent. Since the corridor meanders in such a haphazard squiggle, little light penetrates from either end. Most noticeable, though, is the silence. The wind's constant dirge finds no admittance here.
    Obvious exits: northwest, out

[Chamber of the Dead]
    The corridor widens into a chamber that is bare except for an object in its center, a sarcophagus made entirely of ice. The panels forming its walls are cloudy and striated with swirls and variegations. Although the chamber is austere, designs cover walls and ceiling on every side, a veritable riot of color and form all possessing a striking sense of movement and vitality. The playfulness of the renderings lends the somber form in the cold, icebound bed a sense of joyful transfiguration.
    Obvious exits: out

In the ice sarcophagus:
    other (1): the body of a halfling.

The body of a male halfling lies in peaceful repose, his silky beard flowing down his chest and tattooed arms crossed over that. On the corpse's face, you can still discern a somewhat mixed expression. It appears to be less than a happy demeanor, but still resigned to a fate that can never be changed. The body's hands are lightly clasped around each other, gently cradling an emerald falcon pin as though it were a fragile and precious egg.
    True story, I think, in probably 1996 I totally cybered in that cave with some chick (allegedly). Oh to be 15 again.

Not so beautiful now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    True story, I think, in probably 1996 I totally cybered in that cave with some chick (allegedly). Oh to be 15 again.

Not so beautiful now is it?
    In the ice sarcophagus:
    other (1): the body of a halfling.

That's her isn't it?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

There is a sex dungeon in Ta'Illistim. I forgot exactly where.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    There is a sex dungeon in Ta'Illistim. I forgot exactly where.
    Temple district? Or am I thinking of Sol?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Temple district? Or am I thinking of Sol?
    You're thinking of Solhaven. It is outside Ta'Illistim. You have to be converted to Mularos to get in. You can chain people to walls and stuff.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You're thinking of Solhaven. It is outside Ta'Illistim. You have to be converted to Mularos to get in. You can chain people to walls and stuff.
    Oh. Right then.

I knew that somewhere there had to be a reason why I chose Mularos for my cleric... It just took a few years for some one to tell me what it was.

[Arboretum, Memory Boulder - 14875]
    Statuesque deciduous trees of several varieties are scattered to either side of the wide dirt path, while lush green grass carpets the ground in between the leafy giants, creating an inviting park-like setting. The silvery glow of moonlight filters through branches overhead, illuminating a small granite boulder with a green marble plaque set into it.
    Obvious paths: northeast, south, northwest
    >
    >read plaque
    In the Elven language, it reads:

I hear your musical laugh as the brook rushes over stones...

I sense your strength in the solid feel of rock under my hand...

I hear your quiet whisper as the wind soughs through the leaves...

I see your graceful movements as the boughs of a willow sway...

I feel your soft touch as the warm breeze caresses my face...

I see your sparkling eyes as the sun glints off the blue waters...

...and I remember.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.