Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Hess prices

Man, this is pretty awful.

Blog Entries

If it was a 'mistake' the sign wouldn't have read 10 sips, it would have read 3.

Make no mistake, this is a test.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Haliste is just a trip.

I don't know where she came from/when she started but I have noticed over the last few years she has become the Queen Bee of pay events and she just gives zero fucks.

They were wrong and so they got fixed? Really? That statement is inane. She knows it. We know it. She knows we know it. She could have said what really happened - "It has become apparent that these spelldrinks were priced too low because they had far higher uptime during runs than we intended so we adjusted them" and it would have had some consistency. Still would have been a stupid decision and people would have been rightfully ticked off, but it would have made sense. "They were wrong and they got fixed?" Complete nonsense.
    Last edited by Avaia; 08-10-2019 at 09:45 PM.

How do you even code in a "mistake" of 10 instead of 3?

30? Sure I can buy that, someone accidentally tacked on another digit.

A random single number between 4-9? Little less likely but still possible someone entered the wrong number.

But a nice even round number like 10 when the real amount was always supposed to be 3? Yeah, no, the original amount was supposed to be 10 and then they decided to change it.

Why not just be honest with customers?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-10-2019 at 09:55 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Why not just be honest with customers?
    Uhh...because they know whichever ones they have that are still spending money are dumb as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Haliste is just a trip.

I don't know where she came from/when she started but I have noticed over the last few years she has become the Queen Bee of pay events and she just gives zero fucks.

They were wrong and so they got fixed? Really? That statement is inane. She knows it. We know it. She knows we know it. She could have said what really happened - "It has become apparent that these spelldrinks were priced too low because they had far higher uptime during runs than we intended so we adjusted them" and it would have had some consistency. Still would have been a stupid decision and people would have been rightfully been ticked off, but it would have made sense. "They were wrong and they got fixed?" Complete nonsense.
    She was the moron behind fluff horses...all you need to know there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If it was a 'mistake' the sign wouldn't have read 10 sips, it would have read 3.

Make no mistake, this is a test.
    A test where every answer is designed to suck the fun out of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post

HalisteToday at 6:43 PM
    Oh, give it time. I'm sure you will.
    So smug. What a shit hole Gemstone has become. How the fuck as an employer do you allow that shit?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    But wait, there's more! Saw this little gem of a conversation on Discord just now -

various people start asking about some spell drinks or other..

Okay, so the drinks in Under the Counter have their number of sips reduced from 10 to 3?? For the same prices as before?
    yeah what the heck on the under the counter stuff?
    Yeah, I'm pretty upset about the number of sips reduction, doesn't make it worth it to me at all anymore, and I used those to try and make it through the arena and heist

..and here comes GM Haliste

They were wrong the last time but it was missed. Consider that you got them an extra run with them at 10 sips instead of 3.

Well.... apparently they have always been 10 'cause that little fib got called out fast...

it's been 10 everytime that's baloney
    Agreed with Beld, they were always 10

the reply? ...

They were wrong. They are fixed now.

So apparently for multiple runs they have mysteriously been "wrong" and now they are "fixed." Same price, 2/3rds less doses. Nerf an item into the ground and charge the same for it.
    Ah yes, the universal “It was bugged for the past 20 years” excuse Simu uses when they nerf shit that shouldn’t be nerfed.

I hope Simu sheep at least learn something from this DR run. But we all know they won’t because they’re idiots with no self control and a side order of mental illness.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-11-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Maybe part of it is I don’t even know what’s OP.. I was excited about thebshield cloaks but 50k for a 1% chance to block seemed rough
    Get a character in game that can learn 401, 406 and 414 (you have to know all 3 spells, self cast). Then have them learn 25 ranks of EL:E. You get a 5% chance to block an incoming AS/DS attack (I don't think there's a cooldown between chances of this blocking AS/DS attacks).

Rogues, Warriors, Wizards, Sorcerers and Bards can do this. There you go. 5 different classes that can freely gain the ability to have a chance to block an incoming AS/DS attack simply by training in skills. All it does is cost you a little time and a lot less silver/BS/cash to get 50k BS for a simple 1% chance (or .5% if you're using both hands on a weapon).

As for DR this round, I had enough free Simucoins for 35 tickets. I earned around 8500 BS. I added the 5th CER (10 services) point to a weapon for around 1500 BS. I dropped around 2k on the slab generator, got 2 eahnor, 2 eonake and 1 rolaren slabs and a good handful other minor slabs I like to use in the forge. I've got around 5k BS left and nothing I want to spend it on. I guess I just wait for the next DR so I can dump more on the slab generator once it's been refreshed and see if I can build up more rares.

All in all, I think it was eventful for me. I don't spend a dime on DR, just use the free Simucoins. Get a few thousand BS every DR, maybe add a few CER to a weapon/armor if I feel the need and drop a few thousand BS on the slab generator.
    Last edited by drumpel; 08-12-2019 at 12:54 AM.