Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Combat Maneuver - Acrobat's Leap!

Default New Combat Maneuver - Acrobat's Leap!

A new CMAN, Acrobat's Leap, has been released. Training in Acrobat's Leap allows you to jump to increase your reach while ambushing or using maneuvers that take the height system into account.

Skill Name: Acrobat's Leap
    Mnemonic: leap
    Hostile: No
    Stamina Cost: 1 per foot of reach needed. Increases by 1 in chain armor and 2 in plate armor.
    Other Requirements: None.
    Available to: Rogues, Monks.
    Prerequisites:
    None
    CMP Cost:
    Rank 1: (Squares) 3
    Rank 2: (Squares) 6
    Rank 3: (Squares) 9
    Description: This is a passive maneuver. You are able to leap to increase your reach by 1 foot per rank while ambushing or using maneuvers that take the height system into account. Every 30% of encumbrance reduces your reach by 1 foot.

This message was originally posted in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics, Character Creation, Stats, and Skills. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/327/3363/view/316

Love that this is passive, very good release imo

Blog Entries

how about them rangers
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Though I'm sure I'm in the minority here, I actually think this is a bad change.

This change lets small races overcome one of their largest mechanical disadvantages as a rogue, when they were already in my opinion the best race for rogues. Halflings get great +Agi/Dex, an awesome maneuver avoidance bonus, a hiding bonus, and +40 bloody elemental TD (little assholes, I hate you for this.). The encubrance and health are negatives, but not from a min/max perspective.

The little bastards don't need any more benefits than they already have. I think this change just greatly marginalized a lot of the larger races, since their main benefit over the small races was their height.

And don't go trying to tell me that 3 cman points and a couple stamina per swing is a huge cost. I really don't think you need more than 1 rank in most cases (Maybe 2?), to hit the head of most things.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 08-15-2019 at 01:50 PM.

I completely agree with you on this. For the price I pay for being able to hit taller things I can't hit smaller things for shit. I constantly get failed to find one handed strike as a giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Though I'm sure I'm in the minority here, I actually think this is a bad change.

This change lets small races overcome one of their largest mechanical disadvantages as a rogue, when they were already in my opinion the best race for rogues. Halflings get great +Agi/Dex, an awesome maneuver avoidance bonus, a hiding bonus, and +40 bloody elemental TD (little assholes, I hate you for this.). The encubrance and health are negatives, but not from a min/max perspective.

The little bastards don't need any more benefits than they already have. I think this change just greatly marginalized a lot of the larger races, since their main benefit over the small races was their height.

And don't go trying to tell me that 3 cman points and a couple stamina per swing is a huge cost. I really don't think you need more than 1 rank in most cases (Maybe 2?), to hit the head of most things.

That's a good point. Stuff like Cerebralites.

I actually made a stink about this already, on Discord, and Naijin (its creator) as well as Estild just defended it.

Their biggest defense was that it comes at an expense. An expense I think that is pathetic. Especially when 99% of rogues don't use stamina for anything but smastery and vanish anyways.

I told them they should at least give us a maneuver that boosts our maneuver defense, like the small races get, and Naijin pointed to Deflection Mastery as something that already does that. They had no comment after I pointed out how it's probably the most ludicrous costing shield man/cman there is (114 of our max 202 points.).

Not only that, but learning the new cman will do jack diddly squat for me, since I don't hunt and never will hunt trolls. Yet any +maneuver defense maneuver would still help the small races just as much.

This new maneuver is a load of BS. Go choke on a tart you stupid halflings!
    Last edited by Mobius1; 08-15-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    A new CMAN, Acrobat's Leap, has been released. Training in Acrobat's Leap allows you to jump to increase your reach while ambushing

They should buff this to allow rogues to ambush stuff from the next room over because reasons.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They should buff this to allow rogues to ambush stuff from the next room over because reasons.
    They should give large races the new cman "gnome tossing" which allows us to hurl a gnome or halfling into the next room over.

9. Default

Halflings are so clearly the best race in GS. I loved all the bonuses I got as a halfling, and I had high tier stuff for managing my encumbrance like a coin backpack, 1 lb containers, etc.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Halflings are so clearly the best race in GS. I loved all the bonuses I got as a halfling, and I had high tier stuff for managing my encumbrance like a coin backpack, 1 lb containers, etc.
    Yeah, people that complain about encumbrance as small races can cry me a river. It's so easy to manage encumbrance any more.

And quite frankly, I would give up every single loot item I ever find from now until as long as I play GS, for +40 TD. That's the kind of boost that no amount of loot farming could buy me. If I was a halfling I could leave my boxes on the floor, and laugh at encumbrance (and liches).