A couple thoughts from my perspective:
-I see you mastered berserk. How much do you use it? I pretty much strickly berserk all the time. With a bunch of MOC it works great.
-I switched away from shield use when I returned a couple years ago (in my 40s) and haven't looked back. Thw just let's you kill stuff faster so you don't get as injured. Unarmed combat has also changed significantly and is a great option now.
-I would make sure you to focus on core skills that impact attack and defense (150 armor, 2x weapon, 2x cman, 2x dodging/shield, 2x+ PF, 1x perception, etc) and then starting pouring the rest of the point in MOCs to get that to 90 or whatever the closest threshold is. Ambush to 40. The you can focus on survival, HP, first aid, etc. Etc. later. The faster you can kill stuff and directly defend against things the better you will survive.
-Duskruin is coming up today and usually has some realitively inexpensive decently padded armors. Great to pick up.
-I found the 80s and early 90s to be most difficult for my warrior as I wanted to stay in WL and bowels are tough at any level.

Happy to discuss more. Feel free to post here or PM me.