Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodie bag & silvers CHEAP !!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Maybe I’m missing something here, but donating blood means you’re giving it away. Why would they go through all that just to turn around and put it back in you?

This is, shockingly, Hood being wildly ignorant.

The way plasma donation works is that blood is drawn from you, ran through a centrifuge to separate the plasma, and then said plasma is routed into a collection bottle. The separated blood platelets are reconstituted with a saline solution and returned to the donor.

Believe it or not, there is no Mr. Coffee machine involved.
    Last edited by peam; 08-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post

The way plasma donation works is that blood is drawn from you, ran through a centrifuge to separate the plasma, and then said plasma is routed into a collection bottle. The separated blood platelets are reconstituted with a saline solution and returned to the donor.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post

Yea, I have donated for years and never really experienced any side effects. It does feel a little weird when the saline hits your veins because of it being at room temp. You also pick up a slight metallic taste from the saline. Your blood never actually touches the machine, all the containing parts are replaced with new, vacuum sealed, sterile components with every donation.

The place I go to does regular incentive programs. February is always a good month, they pay an extra $200 at the end of the month if you make 8 donations that month. During football season they run a pool, you get an entry with every donation.

It really is a win, win. Make a few extra bucks and help out a burn victim (from what I understand, this is what the majority of the plasma is used for) in the process.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 08-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

In a lot of college towns there are quite a few donation centers, apparently lots of students need a few extra bucks.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

well they still have to stick a needle in ya veins to do the whole plasma thing so i will pass . if i was diobitic i would prefer death over having to give myself a shot or even prick my finger to test my sugar . If it took 4 nurse and a doctor 37 attempt's to put a IV in me , im sure it would take me ALOT more .
    I started out with nothing , and I still have most of it left !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodtralfeck View Post
    well they still have to stick a needle in ya veins to do the whole plasma thing so i will pass . if i was diobitic i would prefer death over having to give myself a shot or even prick my finger to test my sugar . If it took 4 nurse and a doctor 37 attempt's to put a IV in me , im sure it would take me ALOT more .
    No you wouldn't. You'd be used to it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

You can donate dick plasma too, they let you watch free pron.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

:facepalm:

Don't be a pussy. Needles barely even hurt.

But as mentioned previously, you'd have to pass a drug test anyway to donate blood.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-14-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Don't be a pussy. Needles barely even hurt.

But as mentioned previously, you'd have to pass a drug test anyway to donate blood.
    At least we know he hasn't made the jump to heroin.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam