Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 80 Rogue - Back After 18 Years - Lockpicking / Scripting / Leveling Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Level 80 Rogue - Back After 18 Years - Lockpicking / Scripting / Leveling Advice

Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 12-31-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Blog Entries

East Tower picking is mostly dead and afk scripting is naughty.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Sounds like you're looking for GS Shattered

4. Default

Welcome back Scintillion. I remember you from back in the day. You'll get picked up pretty quick for afk scripting if your intent is to run a script that will pick any box your character is handed and then hand it back, for example, but if that's not your intent:

tpick is a lich script that gets used a lot. It's very versatile. I don't use it personally, but I know a lot of rogues swear by it.

The east tower is definitely a bit less lively than it used to be, but there are still a number of people who pick there, which includes me when I'm in the landing. There's also a verb called SERVICE now where you can list that you're available to pick boxes (or other things) which'll list your location so people can contact or come to you.

One thing you'll want to look into is lock mastery from the guild (check it out on the wiki). There are some boxes that can't be opened without it, and it does a lot of variously useful things for you.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 08-02-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    I am not interested in hunting at this time. It is my intent to retrain my rogue to be a picker (3x picking, disarming, perception, spells up to 404). Whether or not he is viable to hunt is immaterial to me as I intend to gain levels through picking only - if this is still possible.
    Ranged or UAC has the cheapest combat skills and will allow you to 3x locksmith skills. As much as I dislike ranged, that would be the one I would pick. Better DS than UAC and slightly cheaper.
    Last edited by wetsand; 08-02-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Also, with townsmith, I do not think it is still feasible to level based on lock picking only.

@Stumplicker - I have only figured out how to tpick my own boxes. Do you know how to pick other peoples boxes and give it back to them?

Do not convert to monk.

Remove that from your head.

Rest is simple: get to 92, go to nelemar, enjoy the walk in the park.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

You would likely want perception higher for the push down on the targets defense. It is a basic build and should do fine as it is. You can always add in extra stuff with shield skill sets and cman list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    You would likely want perception higher for the push down on the targets defense. It is a basic build and should do fine as it is. You can always add in extra stuff with shield skill sets and cman list.
    Is plate better than 2x shield 2x perception tho? I dunno personally I’d wait for plate until cap
    standing between the living and the dead