Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yes. Which is why a COL review should never happen, and they should pretty much stop all profession dev immediately.
    I mean they've outright said they would gut what people like about CoL:
    wracking
    basically no-cost for 20+ minute buffs

Honestly the Voln review was great. it's one of the few objectively good things they've done. So I dunno, fingers crossed if they ever get around to CoL.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

2. Default

I don't understand why they would nerfed down COL.. Wrack is powerful, yes, but eventually you don't have mana issue as a pure.

Spirit drains are bad for your manoeuver defense too.

In my opinion, CoL needs an upgrade, not the contrary.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

CoL already has decent abilities that require no special resource, little upkeep, and no restrictions, plus they last longer. Mechanically, there's no real need for an 'upgrade'. If they went in and started making changes, they'd nerf all of that and probably force you to do bandit tasks for unlife juice, make every sign cost at least 1 spirit, and they'd only work on non-GoS humanoids.

The Voln rework was necessary because you had like 6 abilities that were for the shitty pre-UCS Voln fu system.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-07-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

CoL has shitty abilities though...

Sign of Possession is shitty. It costs 4 spirit, so you can use it once and completely destroy your AS/DS in the process.
    Sign of Clotting is shitty because Sign of Staunching lasts longer and does exactly the same thing.
    Sign of Hypnosis is shitty because it calms 1 target randomly, untargeted, and costs spirit.
    Sign of Hopelessness is absolutely worthess now.

Should CoL receive a face-lift? Who knows. If they make it so abilities cost 10x as much mana, and last 5 mins max, but those 4 abilities get replaced with something useful, is that a better trade-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    CoL has shitty abilities though...

Sign of Possession is shitty. It costs 4 spirit, so you can use it once and completely destroy your AS/DS in the process.
    Sign of Clotting is shitty because Sign of Staunching lasts longer and does exactly the same thing.
    Sign of Hypnosis is shitty because it calms 1 target randomly, untargeted, and costs spirit.
    Sign of Hopelessness is absolutely worthess now.

Should CoL receive a face-lift? Who knows. If they make it so abilities cost 10x as much mana, and last 5 mins max, but those 4 abilities get replaced with something useful, is that a better trade-off?
    It should receive a facelift yeah. The problem is Coase and Estild and the rest of the dev tards are obsessed with nerfing everything they possibly can and can’t be trusted to not completely ruin COL. They already have a huge boner for nerfing it.

In other stupid dev news, apparently they disabled loot boots in the Confluence sometime recently and never told anyone, but loot boosts don’t do shit in there anymore.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-07-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It should receive a facelift yeah. The problem is Coase and Estild and the rest of the dev tards are obsessed with nerfing everything they possibly can and can’t be trusted to not completely ruin COL. They already have a huge boner for nerfing it.

In other stupid dev news, apparently they disabled loot boots in the Confluence sometime recently and never told anyone, but loot boosts don’t do shit in there anymore.
    I want a pair of loot boots.

Do the loot boosts really make that much of a difference? I've never used them.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    Do the loot boosts really make that much of a difference? I've never used them.
    Richer places like Fethayl bog or Zul Logoth, a lot. Zombies or cyclops, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The locked containers likely is a reference to cavernhold
    Yeah, I was hoping it meant that other areas (this would be my idea for a fair dev) would now have default rooms; being implemented in various hunting grounds, where item droppage is more common, and then going to a hard-coded official this-is-where-your-crap-winds-up room. Like while kneeling and searching without bad guys.

Delayed response, my b.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 08-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Petition to create an entire storyline to have all lost items end up in the kobold village hut.

Tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!