Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    You guys are nuts for all this complaining.
    Despite the senior member tag, it appears you are new to the Player's Corner...

Welp, just went and tested for myself and managed, in the first 30 seconds, to experience the worst combination of abilities used sequentially in Nelemar, but managed to survive with minor injuries:

Code:
    A triton radical rushes forward at you with her bronze scaling fork and attempts a charge!
    [Roll result: 104 (open d100: 8)]
    A triton radical lunges at you with a solid charge, but you manage to partially avoid it.
       ... 5 points of damage!
       Minor puncture to the right leg.
    Roundtime: 16 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 9 seconds.
    SR>
    [Roll result: 141 (open d100: 30)]
    A triton combatant swings an oak-shafted silvery blue trident at your ironwood runestaff and connects!
    Your ironwood runestaff is knocked from your grasp and out of sight!
    [Use the RECOVER ITEM command while in the appropriate room to regain your item.]
    Roundtime: 8 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 4 seconds.
    SR>
    A triton radical steeples her clawed fingers together, murmuring a quick incantation.
    R>
    A triton combatant thrusts with an oak-shafted silvery blue trident at you!
    You evade the attack by a hair!
    R>inc 410
    You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Wave...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a triton combatant.
    A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
    A triton combatant is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
    A triton radical is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    (Forcing stance down to guarded)
    >kneel
    You kneel down.
    K>
    A triton radical raises an outstretched hand to the air!
    a triton radical bows her head in supplication as an eerie silence overtakes the area.  A cold mist drifts in, blanketing the area in its clammy embrace.

A thunderous din echoes all around as the very earth shudders beneath your feet, rending apart and revealing fissures steaming with the rancid stench of brimstone.

K>recover item
    You put your head to the ground and peer intently in all directions, looking for any sign of the item.
    You spy a gold-studded ironwood runestaff and recover it!

Roundtime: 10 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 5 seconds.
    535 helps a lot with this, halving the disarm RT and the recover RT. Also, the recover item command equips the weapon in your open hand, so you're at least kneeling while holding your weapon for the 5-10s of RT.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-31-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Guess we aren't untraining disarm after all

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    No one has been talking about this being a potential buff to thrown weapon combat. Might see about training up my little hurling rogue and give it a try. From what I was seeing on LNET last night, the recover hurl command doesn't have the associated kneel + RT requirements.
    You're still going to be in offensive with no parry, and even though there is no RT for a hurl retrieval there is still an extra delay before you can recover it. I was getting a 6 second RT for an aimed hurl and it would take 2-3 extra seconds after that before I could recover the weapon. It certainly helps, a ton, that you don't have to worry about actually losing your item. Theorhetically now though i would think with maybe just 2 weapons you could rotate between them and always have one to toss.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    A triton combatant swings an oak-shafted silvery blue trident at your ironwood runestaff and connects!
    Your ironwood runestaff is knocked from your grasp and out of sight!
    [Use the RECOVER ITEM command while in the appropriate room to regain your item.]
    Roundtime: 8 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 4 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/aB8TKGe.mp4
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I think they need to debuff or outright nerf returners/warrior bonding to follow along with this “update”. It makes them incredibly powerful, like fucking crazy levels.

Imagine everyone else who’s got an ethereal string or is a warrior will never have to be in some fucked-up position hands and knees, defenseless, naked, spamming recover, recover with RT in some dangerous hunting ground. And that’s after they get out of the sticky situation with your primary weapon disarmed.

Warrior Bond, Ethereal String/returners needs to be looked at. Going to suggest on the Officials.
    There is absolutely zero change for the end results for someone who's bonded or has a returner, unless they get a returner disarmed that they aren't bonded with. This almost never happens. Both of bonding and the returner script systems are unchanged by this fix.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

[Roll result: 153 (open d100: 95) Bonus: 20]
    You swing your black steel warblade at a Vvrael destroyer's black steel maul and connect!
    A Vvrael destroyer's black steel maul is knocked from his grasp and out of sight!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

I killed him so now he will have to open a few of my locked chests/doors or go to the NPC Guild to retrieve it

Blog Entries

Will a 101 endroll knock it out of sight? I'm thinking that would be a cool mechanic if it required a 150+ (I'd actually say 200+ but w/e).
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    There is absolutely zero change for the end results for someone who's bonded or has a returner, unless they get a returner disarmed that they aren't bonded with. This almost never happens. Both of bonding and the returner script systems are unchanged by this fix.
    Koar's Light just enjoys making the stupidest possible posts about everything and complaining like an impotent shitbird. His post about bond/strings was nonsensical. Everyone, including him, knows that.

A lost soul swings a scorched black ball and chain at you!
    Using the bone plates surrounding your forearms, you parry the attack!
    A lost soul's ball and chain strikes one of the bony protrusions on your forearms and it is wrenched out of her grasp!
    The black ball and chain falls into the shadows!