Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So...yeah. This update seems dumb. I'm glad they are getting rid of permanent item lose, but did they go out of their way to make this as dumb as possible?

How hard is it? If your item is knocked to the ground no one else (not even critters) can pick it up. As long as you're in the room your weapon stays put. As soon as you leave the room then all of this jazz about being recoverable happens. That way you can just grab your weapon if you're still in the room and being attacked. And unless I'm misunderstanding something here, only certain weapons (whatever a "rattan" weapon is, I'm assuming it's a weapon you can pick up in the warrior guild) won't instantly be lost to the ether when practicing disarm weapon with a partner. Why not just make it ANY weapon won't be instantly lost to the ether if disarmed by another player?

Now some warrior jackass can disarm you and you have to sit there searching for your weapon on your hands and knees like an idiot?
    I miss when SGMs Warden and Brauden were months away from putting breakage back into GemStone.

/sigh

/snickers

~Paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kookiegod View Post
    I miss when SGMs Warden and Brauden were months away from putting breakage back into GemStone.

/sigh

/snickers

~Paul
    I heard you got eaten by dogs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I heard you got eaten by dogs that were the offspring of dogs you ate seeking revenge.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I heard you got eaten by dogs.
    /chuckles

Nah, I do co-run a dog charity, www.kaneskrusade.org though. Its a labor of love.

I bang around now and again and see how my favorite place is holding up.

Mostly I been exploring how the world isn't all about me (I know, right??), being a caretaker for my girlfriend who developed a serious mental illness, and raising her kid, and lately taking care of her grandparents too.

I also exploring that a lot of the things we take for granted, once put in a different situation, values and morals change. Its been an interesting last few years.

I hope everyone is well.

Still, I think breakage would have been good AT THE TIME it was purposed as there was not the plethora of competition yet that ensued, and you could have more soon moved to the systems that seem to be coming out now with ENCHANT and more services oriented merchants. Things changed though and isn't even a lot of new MMOs coming out anymore whereas there seemed to be a new epic one every week. Most PC/console games following the Fortnite model lately and story is completely forgotten about. Simu's business model also changed with more and frequent pay events, bloodscrip, etc and the aging playerbase likely wouldn't respond well to it now.

~Paul

PS - Methais - Hush

Quote Originally Posted by kookiegod View Post
    PS - Methais - Hush
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible