Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

My take on this update:

1)No longer "waste" staff time on referrals, allowing staff to work on P2W events or new player development i.e "Noob island". Clearly post cap development or finishing profession abilities/spells is not even on their radar.

2)No "permanent" item *loss (hopefully pushing more people to spend money on better/upgraded items.) * Simu reasoning, if you lose an item to the new system its your own fault.

3)Silver drain via the Advguild recovery option.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes, I understand that you only saw the text that you have in bold. I understood that the first time I mentioned it.
    I saw the rest too. I was just highlighting the stupidest parts. Like how this gigantic disarm change was really just about making GM life easier with referrals and shit.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    No matter how good the economy is its not worth having with a divisive snowflake crook in the White House.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    My take on this update:

1)No longer "waste" staff time on referrals, allowing staff to work on P2W events or new player development i.e "Noob island". Clearly post cap development or finishing profession abilities/spells is not even on their radar.

2)No "permanent" item *loss (hopefully pushing more people to spend money on better/upgraded items.) * Simu reasoning, if you lose an item to the new system its your own fault.

3)Silver drain via the Advguild recovery option.
    As to #1, the people working on that shit weren't generally doing assist to recover weapons, and those assists are super quick anyways. Those were CE GMs, not Dev GMs, and while I don't know how far the n00b island is done, I'm pretty positive there aren't tons of CE GMs up in that bitch, unless they are play testing it. Plus, when you're listed as on duty, you're supposed to be answering assists anyways.

No permanent item loss is obviously the main reason.

The silver drain is definitely there because they wanted a new silver drain. I don't think it is a primary reason, but it is a good way to stick one in.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That's not entirely true, I found a Sephwir longbow in OTF a few months ago within minutes of finding it I received a screenfull of yellow text spam with the message "There's something in your inventory that doesn't belong to you" repeated over and over until it filled up the page.
    Did you keep it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Did you keep it anyway?
    No I found the owner pretty quickly

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...OTF&highlight=

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    lol, wouldn’t that be violating policy and like multiple policies at that? Cut and paste and send it to Wyrom or the higher ranking GMs.

Also, I suspect there are GMs who deliberately fuck with certain people like unloading 20 liches when entering a room type of shit.
    This stuff happens though. Zoleta was telling everyone on lnet how the GM she dealt with told her where the person who got her falchion hunted.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    You guys are nuts for all this complaining.

I didn't even personally have any need for a disarm update, but I still think this update is great. It sounds to me like they finally beta tested something themselves before releasing it for once, and dotted most of their I's and crossed most of their T's.

The system seems pretty logical to me, and I for one welcome the 20 second disarm RT being gone. If you can't clear a room without your primary weapon, you need to learn how to GS.

Also, considering that Disarm = Available to all, it's not like it's a huge concern for most people, outside of the uncommon roll. And at least you won't be stuck 20 seconds with no weapon.

I see this as a massively worthwhile trade-off to have ZERO chance of losing a weapon now. If you can even call it a trade-off.

And think about what this just did for hurling. It might actually be viable now!

Well, there's the tradeoff of inconvenience. Where before you could simply pick up your weapon, now you can't. And if you can't find it and must rely on the guild to perform the recovery, not only is there a fee, but I'm told there is also a waiting period? That seems pretty inconvenient for a routine mechanic. Yeah, everyone has access to disarm. Not everyone is a warrior or a post-cap player, however. Now getting disarmed sounds like a major headache. Was that really necessary simply to be rid of item loss? Something a game that expects players to spend thousands of dollars on items should have done decades ago?

Speaking of necessary, how long did this convoluted solution take to develop? I feel like we've been waiting years for this! But the part that really has me scratching my head is that we already had the basic mechanics for a much simpler solution. It's called sunder shield. Monster sunders your shield. Does it break? No. Does it drop to the ground? No. But it behaves as if you aren't holding a shield anymore. Success! Combat penalty applied with no chance of item loss. I feel like this is an intelligence test nobody should have failed. Yet here we are with items being disarmed and immediately getting squirreled away into some weird, hidden treasure room. Why?

I'm glad they got rid of item loss, but honestly this has to be one of the dumbest ways of giving players what they asked for that I've ever seen in a game.

~Taverkin

Not sure I understand what's happening here. Please help me undumb myself:

1. What happens with Paladin bonding? The item knocks to the ground and then is returned to the hand of the paladin. Does it return from the shadows, or do I have to kneel and search? Will bonding be replaced then with a different mechanic?
    2. (Edit: I read the servant part, that's kinda cool but shitty at the same time) Same for spirit servant. Works the same way except the servant retrieves it faster and carries the item instead of returning.

How much technical debt is this causing? Or is it clear somewhere that the mechanics that exist today to combat this simply don't work anymore? Does the first paladin bond attempt at retrieving the item crash the game?

Edit2: This part "Most existing disarm return abilities (bonding and special weapons, including returners) will continue to work as they have done so in the past." Doesn't jive with the log on page 3 of this thread. Paladin bonding does not return the weapon immediately to the caster. There's so much time that even critters have time to pick them up. The log on page 3 has the item instantly being removed from the playing field...so...what happens..
    Last edited by Erous; 08-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Nothing changed for bonding mechanics.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Well, there's the tradeoff of inconvenience. Where before you could simply pick up your weapon, now you can't. And if you can't find it and must rely on the guild to perform the recovery, not only is there a fee, but I'm told there is also a waiting period? That seems pretty inconvenient for a routine mechanic. Yeah, everyone has access to disarm. Not everyone is a warrior or a post-cap player, however. Now getting disarmed sounds like a major headache. Was that really necessary simply to be rid of item loss? Something a game that expects players to spend thousands of dollars on items should have done decades ago?

Speaking of necessary, how long did this convoluted solution take to develop? I feel like we've been waiting years for this! But the part that really has me scratching my head is that we already had the basic mechanics for a much simpler solution. It's called sunder shield. Monster sunders your shield. Does it break? No. Does it drop to the ground? No. But it behaves as if you aren't holding a shield anymore. Success! Combat penalty applied with no chance of item loss. I feel like this is an intelligence test nobody should have failed. Yet here we are with items being disarmed and immediately getting squirreled away into some weird, hidden treasure room. Why?

I'm glad they got rid of item loss, but honestly this has to be one of the dumbest ways of giving players what they asked for that I've ever seen in a game.

~Taverkin
    I don't understand why either, it's like they are stuck in a time warp but in reverse or something

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...