Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    A lost soul swings a scorched black ball and chain at you!
    Using the bone plates surrounding your forearms, you parry the attack!
    A lost soul's ball and chain strikes one of the bony protrusions on your forearms and it is wrenched out of her grasp!
    The black ball and chain falls into the shadows!
    So while you don't inflict RT on anyone with 1214, you do basically eliminate weapons that the enemy would have retrieved. Can you recover item that weapon? What if it was a fancy genned weapon that you wanted to loot off the corpse when that occurred?

Also, this does not happen when using 1002 on targets. The weapon just falls to the ground in those cases.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-31-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    So while you don't inflict RT on anyone with 1214, you do basically eliminate weapons that the enemy would have retrieved. Can you recover item that weapon? What if it was a fancy genned weapon that you wanted to loot off the corpse when that occurred?

Also, this does not happen when using 1002 on targets. The weapon just falls to the ground in those cases.
    Doesn't show up on my recover list, so I suspect when they implemented the changes, they didn't even consider that monks could force creatures to lose their weapons. In before Estlid "fixes" 1214 to no longer work, but offers a SK 1214 that does for DR.

Normal creature weapons are never recoverable with new disarm, by design. if it was special hopper generated weapon it should be. Coase addressed this on the forums, for regular disarm. I assume it works similarly for brace but yes it's possible they fucked it up. Or you need spell aim.
    Last edited by Donquix; 07-31-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Normal creature weapons are never recoverable with new disarm, by design. if it was special hopper generated weapon it should be. Coase addressed this on the forums, for regular disarm. I assume it works similarly for brace but yes it's possible they fucked it up. Or you need spell aim.
    and i just tested. normal weapon, brace disarm gets the "falls into the shadows message" and poofs

i brought a random weapon from the pawnshop and dropped it, waited for the the thing to pick it up. when brace disarmed that one, it got the "fell into the shadows" message but it was just plainly visible in the room, not in the recover list. The creature picked it back up and i disarmed it again, same result.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Hm, wonder if you can use this system as a sort of 'locker stash' of weapons, with intentionally RECOVER "stored" weapons in different hunting ground rooms...
    That sounds like a great way to lose shit. And when an item is gone, what are you going to do? Assist saying you decided to wait a month to recover it?
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-31-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

6. Default

Yeah but it also works on more than just weapons, like backpacks and shit so you can stash away a shit ton of herbs or boxes or whatever without having to slug it around back and forth.
    Do they disarm backpacks now?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Do they disarm backpacks now?
    Nerp. Once again, he is a moron.

No not disarm, but itchy curse works. So get a sorcerer buddy to itchy curse some strategically placed sacks of herbs around your favorite hunting grounds.
    Great, a new way to item hoard! Stow containers and herbs to recover later!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Great, a new way to item hoard! Stow containers and herbs to recover later!
    Within 90 days, anyways.

They'll be nerfing that now.