Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to be a bolting sorceroror??

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnell View Post
    If you're going to compare bolting as a sorc to warding as a sorc, you will always be underwhelmed. Warding is always the better option. Once you have the mana to 719 everything, there's no going back.
    I agree 99% with Vishnell.

There are two rarer occasions where bolting can makes sense. The first is when a creature is in an abnormally low DS position ie prone, stunned, arm off and so forth and it’s TD is still high. But even a warding attack can do as much damage. The second condition is bandit hunting in groups where your objective is to tap the group, not kill one, so everyone gets a hit too. Here, 713 works great. Sometimes, when there is a swarm 713 can be useful, but when you have the mana, why not use 719...

As far as using 111 you are just not going to have the mana until post cap, but at that point, it’s probably far more efficient to use 711 and a few casts of 705. It will work very well on trolls and pinefar stuff, but will never be as efficient as channeled 702 in an aggressive stance.

I just want to remind OP - in case he forgot - that 702 does massive damage in stance advance. You may find yourself doing 70 points or more with 702 on a regular basis. 702 channeled in stance advance is brutal.
    Last edited by Xred; 07-23-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

2. Default

Will have to try stance adv, i forgot about that. Sometimes my defense is good enough where I can do that.

My experience so far has been the only usefully part about spell aiming for 708 and 710. At level 33 I just don't have the mana to waste and I don't want to have to dealing with wands.

3. Default

If I got rid of spell aiming I could take my spiritual circle from 113 to 120. Get a great new DS spell and more CS. Hard not to pull the trigger on that.
    Last edited by Lucktar; 07-23-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucktar View Post
    If I got rid of spell aiming I could take my spiritual circle from 113 to 120. Get a great new DS spell and more CS. Hard not to pull the trigger on that.
    if i were going to go that route I'd likely go ahead and just get more ranks in sorcerer to get closer to +21 in that circle... you'll get some defense still from cloak of shadows and bolster CS more than dumping it all into spirit.

5. Default

Followed your advice brought spirtual down to 107 and raised sorcereor to 53. Raised my CS from 189 to 197. Now that I got a good CS boost I will put everything towards getting 120.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnell View Post
    If you're going to compare bolting as a sorc to warding as a sorc, you will always be underwhelmed. Warding is always the better option. Once you have the mana to 719 everything, there's no going back.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    For a while, sure. Really depends where you hunt though. If he stays in the landing for most of his hunting, he'll never be able to use it in the bowels. If he goes to Teras, at least a third of the crits won't work against anything heat related. Nelemar, not so useful on anything but the third floor and even then, seemingly cheaper to just aim at a specific limb and blow a creature's arm off so they can't hit you, and then you can just dink em to death with a spell of your choice. Once CS is high enough, you could just evil eye stuff and then they're dead in 17 mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucktar View Post
    Followed your advice brought spirtual down to 107 and raised sorcereor to 53. Raised my CS from 189 to 197. Now that I got a good CS boost I will put everything towards getting 120.
    8 points is huge. Good for you. You can always revisit bolting again. Sadly, sorcerer bolting (while fun) is just too inefficient to use as a main hunting strategy, even well into post cap.

How’s channeled 702 in forward, advance or offensive stance working for you?
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Xred View Post
    8 points is huge. Good for you. You can always revisit bolting again. Sadly, sorcerer bolting (while fun) is just too inefficient to use as a main hunting strategy, even well into post cap.

How’s channeled 702 in forward, advance or offensive stance working for you?
    Sorcerer bolting is dumb but Sorceroror bolting is the best.

Once you are sufficiently powerful with warding, you can use disablers, grasp (709) and corrupt (703), on the whole room and arm an animate with a claidhmore to sweep up.

10. Default

I can't use it where I am hunting atm. I'm hunting krovlin slayers and corsairs. They regularly knock me on my back, and if I was not in guarded that could end badly, but I will use it for sure when not hunting there.